1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

if you wanted sheffield to return to the pads

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by AnteaterCharger, Nov 10, 2006.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Didnt really want him, dude is too freaking old, and expensive, then it was Linebrink for Kouz (we had to trade Barfy for him), and now Scotty for Mucous Giles (Mucous is just not all that--this guy posted on the Superfans site that his numbers sucked in NL West parks: http://www.superfans.net/public/mlbboards/padres/index.cgi?read=100427).

I am a big Liney fan in case no one noticed. He seems teh Trade Poster Child of the moment. If they trade him, get someone freakin good, danggit. Kouz is a prospect and Mucous is another Giles. Do we really want another Giles?:icon_eek: Plus, he's just so-so.

Meanwhile, I've heard that LORETTA has called since Barfy was dispatched and wants to come back in teh worst way. Hanest.:icon_mrgreen:

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    (It's Marcus....)

I guess I'd like Loretta back, but i'd prefer a younger guy.

4. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    My Madre friend also got to talk with Jake a little bit.

He asked them if they saw the back page of the New York Post. He told them about the pictures of him and Sheffield in regards to a trade. He just kept saying, "they(the Padres) know what they're doing, its a business"...She told him they were still getting over the shock of losing Bochy and Barfield.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Peavy for Sheffield was retarded

I don't think we'll get Loretta because we're going for a leadoff hitter, not for a #2 guy.

6. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    We are going after Soriano.

7. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Now that would be flippin sweet! :tup:

8. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    This just in:

Sheffield to the TIGERS for 3 pitching prospects...

9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Sheffield for Peavy was NEVER discussed by Padres management. Sandy Alderson, himself, made that report on the 1090.

That was the product of some day dreaming sports writer on the New York Post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842

Just interesting that the player pointed the rumor out to the fan, not the other way around. If there's trade rumors out there, theres a good chance the player, whos name is involved, knows about it.