1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If you were a cheater…

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Jun 11, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    2 questions;

1. If you were an unethical coach how would you try to cheat?

2. And if you were playing a team known for cheating how would you combat it?

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. If I was a shitweasel coach I would plant bugs everywhere that I thought I could get info from. For example, I’d plant bugs down the center of the field at 5-yard intervals to pick up play calls from the defensive leader. I’d have a man in the booth that would write down the name of the play that was called and what the defense did, in fairly short order that man would have a list of defensive calls to send to the QB via the play caller on the sideline. I’d also bug some of my own defensive players to pick up audibles to share at halftime.

As far as how to combat a cheater, I have no idea.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I really don't think that I would cheat to win. :no:

As far as combating a cheater, it's simple. I'd shoot him between the eyes. :icon_twisted:

3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It's painful to even read this because so many lives were probably altered by the NFL's own resident shitweasel coach. It will never happen but wouldn't it be nice if they had to give back those rings and trophies like the Olympic athletes do? Oh well, at least the playing fields have been leveled now...WE HOPE!

4. Boltson

Boltson BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how I would cheat, but as a retaliation I would have a player level the cheating HC on the sidelines, take the penalty and cover any fines.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I would spike the other team's gatorade with a extra strong laxitive.

Last question.... I dunno...

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The only part I will answer is the second part.

This is where I am going to be considered a bad guy.

If I caught a team cheating I would have my team go Bush League on the cheating team and pay any fines later, take suspensions, take away Draft Picks and anything else as penalties as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Kick those cheaters asses! :tup:

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I would tie them to a bedpost and make them watch...........

oh, not that kind of cheater

:icon_eek:

:icon_tease:

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Sweep with 2 pulling lineman. Run out of bounds and in the process run over and squash the fuker. Opps. Sorry.

If he gets up, wash, rinse, repeat.

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Now for my # 1 here is my answer to it is.

Hell F'ing no I would not cheat because if caught the league my team and the city that I represent will be given such a Big Black Eye that it will either not heal completely ( Reputation ) and I could be fired as a possibility.

I would not want to take that risk what so ever. The negatives far out weigh the rewards in this instance.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    If I were interested in victory through skirting the rules I would...

Bribe an opposing coach to alternate between sending the wrong calls into the players and sending the proper calls to the players and CC'ing me on them. I would set up an extensive audio and video surveillance. I would booby trap the opposing sideline. Everything from gopher holes to punji sticks to claymores. I would dose the opposing gatoraid cooler with LSD and Patron. I would hire a sniper to "intercept" any potential touchdown passes in mid-air. I would send a bus load of VD laden prostitutes to the opposing hotel room (thank Lawrence Taylor). I would have a guy with a mirror reflecting the sun straight into the opposing QBs eyes as soon as the ball is snapped.

If I found out an opposing coach were cheating I would arrange a gang-prison-loving.

12. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

I did not start this thread to find out who of us would cheat but rather to look at hypothetical ways of cheating, and how to combat it.

I like you would be embarrased and ashamed if our team cheated.

The reason I want to have this discussion is that we know we have a competitor who has no ethical compass. What undiscovered ways of cheating could the Pats be up to? And how do you block it?

13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890

With this I am going to sink my teeth into.

I do not think anything right now or in the future will and or can be done because of Roger Goodell does not want to deal with the problem what so ever but try and sweep it under the rug as it were.

I think as my opinion on this is that there is always going to be cheating until the NFL get a new Commissioner that will actually do something about the cheating and deal major punishments for the teams that do it.

Like, I know this is kind of harsh but it is my thoughts on this as if I were a Commissioner.

First take away all the teams following year Draft picks and give them to their division rivals to use as a lottery type of deal. To go along with this if the team that was caught cheating, if there were other team that were cheated upon then those teams in following years gets the Cheating teams Draft pick until all the teams that were involved were compensated for the cheating. Even to the point that the cheating team has to build their team with only free agents for years to come instead of the privilege of being able to Draft Rookies. As well they have to build their team from the free agents available after the other teams have gone through and gotten the big Super Star Talent. It is like a second tier of free agency but for the cheaters this time to take what is left.

Since there is a salary Cap I would punish the Cheating team as well here. I would have them have a salary cap that is equal to the previous years Cap had. they do not get a Rookie Cap either because their Draft picks were taken.

That is my start of what I would do as a punishment if I were a Commissioner and was told a team had been caught and verified that they cheated.

I hope that helps a bit.

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Bill Belichick just bookmarked this thread.

15. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Cheaters should be stripped of everything especially coaches. If you were a player on ateam where the caoch cheats to win that shows he has no faith in you as a player to get the job done.