1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

IFCH's Latest Member of the Idiot Analyst Parade: SI's Andrew Perloff

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by IFiredCHart, Jan 10, 2010.

1. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/h...ainst-the-grain-wild-card-edition?eref=fromSI

This guy sounds like he is basing his analysis on reading generalized statsheets. I mean, it has to be the stupidest thing I have read this weekend--even Dilfer would likely make fun of it.

*The Jets defense matches up well against a Chargers offense that can't run the ball (ranked 31st in the NFL this season), since they're more vulnerable against a strong running team. New York had the best passing defense, by far, and just the eighth-best rushing defense.

When Jenkins went down for the season, you think teams are not going to try to find the gaping hole up the middle? Also, it is easy to have great total defensive numbers when you only play 14 games.

And the teams that the jets faced, in terms of prolific passing offenses, were devoid...the ONLY good passing attack they faced all season was Matt Schaub in Week 1. What else did they face? An injured Ryan, Delhomme, Henne (who tore them up, might I add), Painter, whoever the hell they have backing up Carson Palmer, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and worst of all, JaMarcus!

You think the Jets were helped a little in their quest for a great passing defense? :icon_tease:

*The Chargers have some issues against the run since Jamal Williams got hurt, so the Jets might be able to hold the ball longer and keep it out of Philip Rivers' hands.

The last time you watched the Chargers was when they got Donked on Monday night, jackass. Since then, they added Ellison, Siler, and Dobbins into mainstream defensive packages, and introduced a stout D-line rotation with the likes of Ian Scott and Travis Johnson.

Of course, your statsheet does not tell you that, but you could have at least read a recent box score of us stopping Johnson and Benson...quit being lazy, Perloff!

*San Diego lost to the Ravens, who are basically a carbon copy of the Jets.

The Ravens' Ray Rice and Willis McGahee use agility to gain yardage, which has been a nemesis all season. Jones and greene use power, which we have stopped all season long. I see no resemblance there.

And do not get me started on the differences in the passing attack. The Ravens have two of the surest receivers in the league with Mason and Heap. Braylon can barely catch a nerf ball.

*The Chargers could be overconfident against a Jets team they don't know very well. Indy wouldn't have that problem.

Seriously, you haven't watched an episode of Sportscenter since 2007 if you think that.

Embrace the hate! :icon_twisted:

2. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Other than Peyton Manning (and maybe Drew Brees), I'd put Tony Romo up against any other QB left in the playoffs.

nuff said

3. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Yeah, if you want some real comedy, get to the part about McNabb potentially being a SB-winning QB on the 49ers :lol:.

4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    The lulz. They've been brought.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    This is typical gameday kneejerk reaction, downplaying the teams who didn't get to play today. The guy is as impressionable as most 4yr olds.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Is this an alias for Pete Prisco? :icon_huh:

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    He is in NY and looks like a Jets fan. I am guessing Jets homer here.