1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Igor is gonna play!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Nov 4, 2006.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I'd prefer to see both Igor and Phillips held out at least another week. It's not worth the risk of reaggravating the injury...

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I agree, but the team medical authorities know more than I :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I wouldn't worry about it if Marty hadn't shown in the past that he'll play veterans with injuries when they really should sit...

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Then worry about it if ya wanna!!:icon_mrgreen: :yes:

6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I am!!!!! :eek:hmy: :icon_confused: :icon_eyes: :icon_wtf:

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'm a little worried too....:icon_shrug: I'm expecting that he'll have limited playing time...

8. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I thought the same thing. Let him play if he says he's ready but hold down on the number of plays he's out there for. Cesaire and Robinson have been pretty decent while filling in. We'll want Igor at full strength for Denver - they have a big time running game.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    hope my boy is ok

10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Same here. Sit them out and let them get as close to 100% as possible.

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If we get up by say, 17 points, I'd want them to sit Igor and let Cesaire or Robinson take his place.

12. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    If they both sit and we happen to lose would you still think it was a good decision?

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If we can't handle Cleveland without both Igor and Shaun Phillips in the defensive lineup, we deserve to lose.

14. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It would depend on how we lose. If we lose because the Browns are able to run on us and we just can't get any pressure on the QB, then it will look like the wrong decision in retrospect. But even in that event I'm not ready to say that Igor at 80% is better than Cesaire at 100%, or that Philips, who relies heavily on his short-distance burst, would be better at 80% than Harris. And unfortunately, we really don't know how close Igor and Philips are to being ready.

But if we're going to get into hypotheticals like "what if we lose," how about this? What if Igor aggravates the knee injury and then has to sit out the next two games, or if Philips plays the next 5 or 6 games and never looks right because his injury never gets healed? I remember both Seau and Rodney playing much of 2002 with nagging injuries and looking like shadows of themselves the entire year. I've seen LT play with injuries where it looked like we'd be better of with Turner in there.

We've seen this stuff before and I'm just hoping we're not seeing a repeat performance. You handle Philips and Igor with kid-gloves this week because this is a game we realistically should win even if we're hobbled by injuries.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is why I would sit Igor and Phillips another week. We should be able to handle the Browns as hobbled as we are with relative ease.

16. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I wouldn't mind seeing him sit another week either. That said it is a bit of a tough call because it seems like our run defense hasn't been nearly as strong without him in there. I saw on a couple different forums people complaining about him because he doesn't have the stats that Jamal and Luis have but the dropoff in run defense has been pretty evident IMO. I do agree that if we get a good lead we should sit him as the Browns won't be running much anyways.

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That is the way I see it as well. I would go so far as to say if we do not win, we do not deserve the playoffs. :yes:

18. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I've always thought that Rodney Harrison was dealt away because they decided he was too slow but in truth, they played him when he had bad wheels. I hope we never play injured guys again and then deal them away because they didn't play as good as we expected. Igor and Phillips should not play if there's still a question about their injuries.

I'm not in agreement that the Browns are as bad as most seem to think they are. They only lost by a score of 17-7 to the Broncos. The Ravens needed a lucky break at the end of the game to edge them out. This Browns team doesn't have all the good players in place that we have but they aren't as bad as some think they are. Even so, it's a home game and all the mouthing off by Winslow should arouse the desire in our team, especially in our defense. If the Bolts are "up" for the game, they'll win even without Igor and Shaun. Let them heal - we'll need them in Cinn. and Denver.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Harrison is slow and has to play in Cover 2 schemes or better because as a iso FS/SS he sucks. :tdown:

It was further compounded by him and Seau changing up the defensive plays of Dale (POS) Linsay.

That is not right and when the inmates run the asylum it is anarchy and time for a cleansing of the colon !!!! :yes:

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed. We need to watch our horses and keep them fresh for December and no need to push these guys against a weak AFC opponent.

21. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    We play a bunch of cover2 ourselves. :) Your right though - and it's hard to argue with the success this defense has had since those two were sent packing.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I remember an article where the coaches (Lindsay) was asking Harrison on his thoughts of playing a Cover 2 versus him as a solo FS. His speed or lackthereof was an issue and it seemed the Chargers were trying to coax Harrison and Seau to play their way or it was the highway.

We all saw the results of that little survey.

23. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    MAZELTOV!

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What? Me worry?

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member