1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Igor just said that Marty said!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Hope he stays... :icon_tease:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, I heard it.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I wonder if his head will snap off when the trap door opens like it did for Saddam Husseins half brother.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

5. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

:icon_rofl: - One pusssy checking out another pusssy :abq2:

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yup.

Marty told his son to sit the fuc down and if he gets hired by the Dolphins, he would give his son a job and a kickback from Marty's lunch money.

Nobody turns down a job with the Dolphins unless something is up.....just like Drew Brees did for more money.

7. bravo3g

bravo3g BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Marty did great things for the Chargers but I predict a 9-7 saeson next year regardless of Marty staying or going. We were lucky this season with the health of our offensive players. The defense is not as good as we think it is. There were a lot of come from behind victories so the talent is there but can we expect another record breaking season from LT??? He can't do it all by himself and they need to make some changes or it's going to take a toll on him that will affect the rest of the team. I believe we will lose some key players and it's going to hurt.....bad. What is the status on Turner??? And Neal??? They were just as important to the Chargers running attack as LT. Marty's plays were often predictable even from an armchair QB like myself:

Rivers throws for incomplete or short gain
    LT takes it for a 6-8 yd gain
    3rd and 1......Lorenzo Neal down the middle for a 1st down
    Rivers pitch to LT for a 15-30 yd gain
    LT ids tired and takes a break and Turner takes it for another 15-20 yds for another 1st down

Defenses are going to work and go after that next season. I think it may be time for a change. There is enough talent on this team to make another good run next year.....but we'll see what happens

8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Call Marty... he'll tell you... unless he's been reading these threads.... In that case......it will be more like this:

[​IMG]

9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Makes sense... and I'll be glad to see him come out the winner... Now who do all of you geniuses have in mind for a replacement? :icon_shrug:

You seem so set in having Marty gone... playing GM in a sense... Play it some more and tell me who is going to do better for the Bolts right now

10. bravo3g

bravo3g BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll tell you who can do wonders for this organization.......Jimmie Johnson. I don't know if he is interested but he can turn this young team into a dynasty.,.....jsut a thought

11. bravo3g

bravo3g BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The caliber of players on this team combined with the discipline and winning attitude of Johnson.....I believe Marty should stay only if the Chargers cannot get Jimmie

12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Guys if Marty coaches in Miami you know what that means...

Cleo Lemon becomes a superstar

13. getfresh

getfresh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Did you hear Igor when they asked him his opinion if Marty should stay? He said that he and the other players were sort of panicked about the future, VERY uneasy, I think he even said about the prospect of Marty leaving "Is this the end of it?" or something like that. Marty needs to stay, in my opinion.

14. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Did you sign up just to kick the team when its down> I bet you predicted 8-8 when we "showed" brees out of town too.

15. starrman

starrman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Yup. He will be out the door here and pack his bags for Miami and increase his salary several million in the process. [​IMG]

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Igor can kiss my *** he had a piss poor season and has reached his ceiling. All that talk from leigh steinberg about how he's going to be this dominant player is bullshit. We need another Castillo type... strong and AGILE.

17. bravo3g

bravo3g BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I just think that the team is going to lose some key players and needs a change in leadership to turn it into something special. I have nothing against Marty, he's done great things with the team but so has AJ Smith for recruiting all this talent . Let's get sopmeone in there that knows what to do with talen in the post season( Jimmie Johnson)

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    leisure just stated the obvious. He is no Jeanie Dixon.

I have not seen many head coaches accept lower salaries than their previous positions. I bet even Wade Phillips makes more money as a DC versus when he was a HC just because of the rising salaries.

19. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    9-7 this dude is retarded

20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    In case you don't know, Jimmy Johnson lost his last playoff game 62-7. Ok just reminding you.

21. starrman

starrman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    He would not leave his current job anyway. Much less stress and lots of free time to enjoy the water and his women.....:abq2:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yup. We need more D-Linemen big time. DE and NT (to spell Jamal).

Igor is a plodder and we need more athletic speed...although he did sack Mike Vick. :icon_eek:

Igor has peaked and this is it for him (yeah I know he played with his knee deal) but fuc him as well. :icon_eek: :yes: :helm1:

23. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    9-7 dude = MORON.

What is it with dumb people and Jimmy Johnson?

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I don't think that tis is the end of the line for Igor nor is it the best of his ability. I think he still can go even further from this point on but I know the immediate thing most people think when I say such is that I"m being a homer

25. bravo3g

bravo3g BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0

In case YOU didn't know....Marty Schottenheimer hasn't won a playoff game since 1993!!!!!

Like I said....his plays are getting predictable and we need a change in order to stay competitive. Sports analyst say it all the time
    " The game is constantly changing"
    Next year will be different and the Chargers need a new edge to steer their talents toward a Super Bowl