1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

IGOR rips the titans for their very dirty play

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Dec 11, 2007.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Igor takes a shot at Fisher at the 6:00 minute mark, hilarious!

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I think the boys will be up for Detroit. This is one pissed off bunch. Detroit is liable to be a little deflated, since they are probably home for the playoffs and lost a tough one last Sunday. We have more grit than the Lions.

4. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    is it me or did he come off a bit whiney?

Love igor, think he a termendous player, but I much rather not here all this compliants coming from our players (merrimen included)... submit the plays to the NFL, and take the high-road.

/.02

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Hey dude maybe time for a new avatar huh? :icon_shrug: :icon_eek:

6. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    yeah, I know, it's dated. I've just been slammed working 80-90 hour weeks + holiday stuff. Not exactly high on the list. I'll come up with something new soon.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Here, here! They should STFU & just play. Let the FO & coaches take care of the rest. I really don't want to hear any more out of these guys other than "It was a good win." :tup:

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I wish it was us being called a dirty team. I can't wait for that day we get a rep that exceeds cheese and wine.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

:lol: Guess it's just that perfect weather you enjoy.

Duluth Chargers?? :lol:

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Bullshit. There's a difference between playing tough and playing dirty. No one in their right mind would describe the Bolts as soft. But late shots at players' knees are uncalled for and unprofessional. These guys all have to make a living playing this game, and they should respect each other enough to not intentionally attempt to injure one another.

Play tough, but play fair and respect your opponent.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    F'n Crybabies. STFU and play football.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    You my friend are full of ****. As I remember from the late 60's and through the 70's football was a mans game. It's now powder puff ball, look up turkey Jones hit on Terry Bradshaw, that was football.

• Like Like x 1
  13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Sorry, but dirty play was dirty then and it's dirty now. Regardless of how much you old farts pine for the good old days when Raiders DBs could paralyze receivers and laugh about it afterward, those aren't the good old days.

Nothing wrong with physical play, but dirty play is not OK. Deliberately trying to injure a guy by taking out his knees is not OK. You are phucking with a man's livelihood, and it's unacceptable. If a guy gets hurt on a clean play, that's OK. **** happens. But deliberate attempts to injure people aren't legal and they aren't ethical.

I for one never want the Chargers to be thought of as a dirty team. A tough team? Yes. A physical team? Yes. A nasty team? Yes. But not a dirty team. Either you don't understand the distinction, or you think it's OK to go out and deliberately try to injure your opponent, while I don't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Guys, I don't care for dirty play either and we shouldn't be having "Whine" with the Cheese but if we get to play the Patriots.....

LET'S BE AS DIRTY AS POSSIBLE AND TAKE MOFOS OUT!
    :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I'm all for the BOLTS hitting hard and hitting OFTEN, but dirty, nah I'll pass... Injuries suck across the board, for us or anyone else.

Igor needs to stop with the complaining he is big and strong enough to take it in his own damn hands, granted there is something to be said about trying to take the high road, but enough is enough, when it's war treat as a war. ON THE FIELD.

He needed to pay the TITans back out there on the field... now it is to late and not needed. I am all for the Chargers reporting it to the league and letting the chips fall where they may.

Igor needs to keep playing sick nasty charger ball let those scrubs do what they need to do to try and win as it won't be with talent.

Whatever, NEXT.

:bolt:

16. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I've just always wondered why Parker is a black dude with white feet:icon_shrug: I guess that could explain the lack of second level speed:lol:

17. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I saw Igor up close last year at San Francisco - a man that size can say whatever he wants! He's a mass o muscles. He sure didn't pull any pinches did he! By the way, he had one of his best games at Tennessee. He's starting to show us what we all hoped for when they picked him.

18. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    Ok in that situation I totally agree. beat them so bad that even if they win the **********s lose the next week from attrition:icon_twisted:

19. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    totally agree! the last 2 games he's beenh a beast

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

:icon_rofl: - Dude you are so full of ****.

Deacon Jones was famous for his head slap. That was legal thuggery back in the day to pop a mans ear drums until they bleed and I will let you take it from there ........

I know you try to stay up with us who experienced the pre-cba days as adults but seriously, you have out done yourself on this one. :yes:

21. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    And yet you still have time to post.

The rest of us are unemployed. :flag:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You have to be at the games to see this and Jamal only does it when he is effing pissed. Jamal will pace along the line of scrimmage like a lion ready to pounce on prey and peering into the offensive huddle right before the snap. When you see this, watch out. He is coming with bad intention or Jamal in overdrive. I don't know if he did it in the game. I did not see it at home but when I do see it, I get on the edge of my seat and enjoy the ride.

23. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I missed that play, was that in the second to last series? Igor was held out that series also.

24. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I didn't have a problem with what the players were saying on Sunday after the game, or even Monday. But it's Tuesday now, and guys need to get over it and get ready for the Lions. It's time for the team to take LT's approach on this:

The Patriots played did all sorts of dirty crap to us in the playoff game last year, and the team wasn't composed enough to handle it. They need to get over last weeks game, and move on.

25. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I don't have to try and stay up with you guys. Dirty play is dirty play. Deliberately trying to injure someone is wrong. I don't mean trying to knock a guy out with a good, hard clean tackle. I mean going at a guy's knees, hitting him low after the whistle. You can be thought of as a tough team and a nasty team without being thought of as a dirty team. You can play tough and play with class. Or you can play like the Raiders used to.

I prefer my team to play tough and play with class. No cheap shots. No deliberate attempts to injure a guy (i.e. Nalen diving at Igor's knees, Foster diving at the back of Jamal's ankles 10 yards away from the play a few years ago, dudes diving at Merriman's knees 20 yards away from the play). That **** is wrong no matter who does it.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Look this may be hard to accept but the NFL has gone through a pussification. That is a fact.

The head slap while legal then is illegal now. The worst that could happen is you get dazed or maybe a concussion.

The 5-yard chuck rule and stick um gave advantages to the defense especially, when the defender is inserting stick um to a receivers eye lids all the way down the field.

That **** was legal and did not deliberately injure someone - well not always but the **** was way more brutal then. Way more.

27. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm not arguing about the fact that guys were allowed to get away with more 25 years ago. I'm saying that intentionally trying to injure someone is always wrong. Trying to knock a guy out by hitting him with a clean tackle is the essence of football. Trying to blow a guy's knee out by diving at his knees is cheap and dirty.