1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm calling for AJ's head!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    Just to be clear here, I never wanted Norv hired in the first place, so we agree on that. But once he was hired, he became our coach, so pissing and moaning about it was silly. I was willing to give Norv a chance. Last year, he got us to the AFC Championship Game with a MASH unit (if you're going to blame him for everything, you have to give him credit too).

I am not an NFL Head Coach, so my amateur observations:

1) The defense was terrible, the DC was fired, and now we have a new guy in place. As much as people would like it to be that way, he can't just wave a magic wand and fix everything in two weeks. I'm interested to see if each week brings better performances, building toward the playoffs. If so, hooray for everyone, nice work!

2) I am tired of hearing how we have to establish the run. F*ck the run! Seems to me like we keep trying to establish the run to no avail, and when we start passing, the offense moves the ball. I say do what freaking works. Embrace being a passing team.

3) The offensive line seems to be having a terrible year. Seems like whenever we try to run up the middle, there's nothing there. Yet we keep doing it, because everyone keeps saying we have to establish the run. It ain't working.

I honestly think if we'd stop being so stubborn about establishing the run, and do what works on offense, and if the defense keeps incrementally getting better each week building toward the playoffs, we'll be fine.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a dude in an online forum. I am not at Chargers Park, and I am not at practices.

And if anyone thinks getting rid of A.J. is the answer, I think you're f*cking nuts.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I already stated that I don't want AJ to ship out... just to shape up.
    He is completely responsible for this Norv/Ted experiment. He created it.
    Though I'll give him credit for ditching Ted. Especially in mid season. Though now I see what we cold have had instead of both those retards. Shame!!!

We just barley escaped an embarassment at home to a 1-6 team!!!

3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Superbowl WIN or Bust :icon_evil:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That's what we've ALL been saying from the start of this season!!! :yes:

5. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    The title of this thread, started by you, is "I'm calling for A.J.'s head!!!"

Calling for someone's head means you want them fired.

Since all any of us can do is go by what has been published or aired, the decision to go the continuity route rather than bring in a whole new head coach and staff was the decision of A.J. AND Dean Spanos.

I like Singletary, but I am not overwhelmed by what I saw Monday night. That game could have been won, and the last minute looked like it was being run by people who had no clue.

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    You must have missed Harland Svare.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I already stated that I guess the title was misleading.

Last night's game could have been won but that was only Singletary's third game he's coached. The 9ers are NOT a playoff bound team. They're a 6-10 team at best.
    Though if they stick with their current coaching staff, they WILL be next season!!! Eventually become a Super Bowl contender too.

Singletary WOULD have the Chargers playing like a Super Bowl contender.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What about him?

9. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I'll agree with this. If Rivera can light a fire under the defense and scheme them well against Pittsburgh, we are good enough to beat them. This will be Rivera's second game as DC so we should see some improvement if he is capable of getting this defense to perform.

10. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't see so far that Singletary has the personality to manage all the egos you have on any team and so far his game management skills don't impress me too much. I'm reserving judgement on him, but as of this time, I don't see him as certain head coaching material-he's a real risk as a hire with the mutli year contract.

11. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    He ran the Chargers squad in '72 that had the worst season in NFL history. Not only did they lose, they wound up with the biggest drug scandal ever, anywhere. He put together a team of goons and whack jobs that looked like the Keystone Cops. Other teams have won a tad less in a season, but this team was one for Dante's Inferno.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    But he's a fiery motivator, that's all you need right?

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,771
    Your wasting time on a kid that don't know crap.

14. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Now if you could come up with a senario that had Singletary as HC, Norv as OC and RR as DC, we might have a really good team. But I dream and digress. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Look... I get it. You and the rest of the boy chain hate motivation, passion, preparation, discipline, hunger, fire, and all the things that a great coach brings to a team.

You like coaches that hold players back from reaching their best potential.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,771
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, you have to be kidding me. No body really thinks like this do they, wait Charlie did. :icon_tease:

17. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    Nobody is saying that. But if you're going to offer simplistic bullshit like a fiery motivator is going to solve all problems, well that's just silly and people are going call you out on it.

There are MANY different approaches that have been successful in the NFL. Mike Ditka types have been very fiery and have had success. Tony Dungy has probably never yelled at anybody, and he too has had success. Dick Vermeil was very emotional, and that motivated his players. Tom Coughlin was a hard *** disciplinarian, and he almost lost his team before changing his approach and winning the Super Bowl.

There is no magic secret formula to being a head coach. Bill Cowher, who you seem to have a man crush on, inherited a pretty good team, and it took him four seasons to get to the AFC Championship, and then he lost in the Super Bowl. It took him 10 more seasons to get back to the AFC Championship, and then he won the Super Bowl. Between those AFC Championship appearances, he had three losing seasons.

You have already stated that you won't give Norv ANY credit unless he wins two Super Bowls in a row. Hell, in his one season as head coach of the Chargers he went 13-6 and got the team to the AFC Championship. This season's finish has not yet been written.

Seriously dude, what in the hell did Norv ever do to you? I don't even like Norv, but for better or worse he's our coach. Nobody in the front office gives a **** what we think here at Bolt Talk, so why do you get so worked up?

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Every..Single...Thread :tdown:

19. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,390
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

20. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :yes:

I also like narcoleptic quarterbacks, three hundred pound DBs and white running backs.

:icon_banana:

21. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ....WHITE running backs??? Oh man, now you're going TOO FAR!!!

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Uhhhhhh. You got me confused for someone else. I NEVER said I wanted Cowher here!

I never said "a fiery motivator will solve all of our problems" but I think it's silly to say that "Singletary doesn't have his guys playing beyond their capability right now."
    There were some mistakes made last night but if Nolan were still their coach, the 9ers probably would have got blown out!!! Again, the 9ers are not a playoff bound team but will be next season if they keep the same staff!
    Last night, they showed up to win and almost did with the odds stacked heavily against them!!! The players showed passion, fire, hunger, chemistry, and wanted that win. All those elements seem to be a thing of the past for our team. :icon_evil:

I don't know what our team has shown up for on the road this season but it sure as Hell isn't to play!!! :no:

So far in 7 out of 9 games, we've showed up completely unprepared and had to dig ourselves out of the hole in the second half. THAT SUCKS!! :icon_evil:

23. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +498
    Trying, apparently not succeding (sp?) :icon_tease:

24. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    You're calling for Aj's head. Good for you! Now go down to the Home Depot, buy a pitchfork and a thick piece of good wood. Light said wood on fire. Then march down to the Chargers front office and tell them you're there to collect AJ's head.
    I on the other hand will not call for his head.

25. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    ...unless said RB's name is John Riggins... :lol:

26. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    The 49'ers got worked by a 1-5 (at the time) Seattle team in their first game under Singletary, and played well in the second. I liked Singletary as a player, and he seems like a good guy. I wish him well. But he's 0-2 right now, and the jury is still out. Yeah, his team played above their heads Monday, but do you think any of that might have had to do with being on Monday Night Football for the first time in awhile?

To say that the Chargers would be doing this or that under Singletary is merely speculation on your part.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

All you haters are talking as if Singletary has been coaching just as long as Norv and he has just as much talent to work with as Norv. Well you're wrong in both departments.

I'm sure being in a Monday nighter helped motivate the team. We've done good on Prime Time so far but the Jets suck and the Patsies are pretty much done.
    For most part, we shouldn't be the under dog against any team this season but we are in just about ALL remaining games.

Again... the 9ers are not a playoff bound team but Singletary is whipping them into shape for next season and seasons to come.

28. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    [​IMG]
    :icon_huh:

I guess your hatred of Norv has blinded you completely now huh?

:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

It's more like your love for Norv (and hatred for Marty) has you saying "football was fun without a championship. What do we need that for?"

This is/was suppose to be a "Super Bowl or Bust" season for us. Guess what direction we're headed in. We have a lot more talent then both those teams.

30. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    Way to change the subject...AGAIN.

YOU stated that the Patriots and Jets suck. He showed you that AGAIN you are talking out of your ***.

So of course, rather than admit you were wrong, or respond to what he said, you employed the time-tested B4L "debating" technique of COMPLETELY changing the subject to whatever it is that you want to respond to. :lol: