1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm In Pain! I'm Tired! I'm Pissed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lightning's Girl, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    ........so how was YOUR week?:icon_evil:

Mine's basically sucked. My left knee feels like there is crap loose in it.........like it's full of ground glass. I messed it up a few years back, and now it's so tricky that it's apt to go out on me and cause me to end up on the floor. Not to mention the fact that it HURTS like a bee-yotch. My asthma has flared up along with my hot flashes, so I can't sleep. Then I got yelled at by a doctor today because I called him on what I see as his neglect of patients---it always take 3 or 4 faxes or phone calls to get him to re-authorize a longstanding prescription for pain medications for my residents, and I'm sick of it. I'd like to make 200K a year for signing prescriptions......as it is, all I can do is nag the fuggin' MD when he can't be bothered to sign a lousy faxed order for Vicodin, then document my *** off so I can prove to the state bureaucrats that I've at least TRIED to get the medicine. Sheesh.:tdown:

Thanks. I feel better now.........my poor fried brain appreciates the opportunity to off-load. My knee, on the other hand, is singing Ave Maria.

As the old Stones song goes, "What a drag it is getting old". At least physically.:no:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    LG... Take care of yourself and see a doctor... :eek:

LG... Another thing... Don't take abuse from a doctor... Hang up on him/her...:lol: :lol: Many years ago, I ran a clinic... Had to give the nurses permission to hang up on the head honcho when he was being abusive.... I cautioned them to use their hang ups appropriately if we were going to change behavior... We changed his behavior only so much though but I think the nurses were able to keep their dignity and keep their stress levels to a minimum in the process

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    sorry to hear that. AS a guy with 1.4 kneecaps I know how much knee pain can suck:icon_sad:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    You want me to take care of him for you :2guns:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    :icon_toast: <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Unfortunately I can relate you your pains. At least physically. I've broken over 20 bones in my life. Now I have problems with my foot / ankle, my knees, and my hip. I'm not that old, but my body has seen more than it's fair share of wear.

Pain sucks.

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Take care of yourself, Girl!! :icon_eek: :yes:

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Keep your head up. It will get better. Just think, in the middle of all this you could of gotten a speeding ticket, and a Jury Summons.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Not as many bones, but I know that "RAIN PAIN"

10. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Me too, H8er!

I wish I knew exactly what the hell's wrong with the knee. It's been arthitic since my 20s thanks to walking around with too many extra groceries over the years; then I wracked it up in a fall back in my early 40s and it hasn't been right since. Now I can barely walk some days, and I'm resisting going to the doctor cuz I know what he's gonna say: "You know, if you'd just lose 100 pounds......."
    Like I haven't tried, over and over and over again. I need to have that lap-band surgery done, and I'm looking into that because I enjoy being physically active and the weight is definitely getting in the way of that. But for now...........sigh............:no:

Anyway, thanks for y'all's support..you are AWESOME!!:tup:

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    When I busted my Right leg and ankle, I also tore the Tendon. I now have an arthitic ankle. Some times the pain is so quick, its like someone took a knife and just shoved it in to me. And my Doctor is telling me I have to lose weight also. I had just quit smoking when I busted my leg. So now I start gaining weight because I quit smoking. Then with me being laid up while I healed the leg, I just have never been able to get back to my Normal weight since.

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I'm In Pain! I'm Tired! I'm Pissed!

Thats what Vick is going to say in a few days...

13. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Yeah...........just don't drop the soap, Mikey!

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I just gave ya' $300 bolt cash for your pain & suffering. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Thanks Nickel!!!

And Chispa.......taking care of others before taking care of ourselves is what nurses (not to mention moms and grandmas) do every day. That's just how it is.....~sigh~.....

I'm actually doing better today. Now the left ankle hurts more than the knee, and I can deal with that. So I was able to get out in the garden and do some weeding, plus some housecleaning that needed doing while everybody else is at an all-day carnival. Aaahhhhhhh---only a woman can truly appreciate a day alone, all by herself in a big house.........YESSSSSSSS!!!

• Like Like x 1