1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm sick of hearing about Keading!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jan 18, 2010.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He did play poorly but if at least one of those drives ended in the endzone, our season would still be going!!!

Our offense treated it as if it were a preseason game.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You sir are full of excriment...

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I am sick about talking about him. He leaves me no choice.

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Oh please. The Jets play a vicious prevent-blitz combo defense in the red zone and they were doing it all year, making them the hardest team to score on period. Hell, we had to bring in Kris Wilson just to get a single passing touchdown. The offense wasn't going to score so it was perfectly reasonable to give a FG a try at 36 and 40 yards. 6 points, 6 winning points.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Thank you. :tup:

6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I can't actually believe I'm typing this response! :icon_eek:

I agree 100%

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    coulda shoulda woulda, but i agree (?)

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Huh...If you are sick of hearing about Keading, why start a new thread about him?:icon_huh: Just asking:icon_shrug:

Field goals are a fundamental part of the game, easy to lose without them...as we proved!

9. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    you don't want to hear about Kaeding?....

Too f-ing bad...

We wouldn't be having this conversation if the head case didn't blow all three FG tries... I mean Mr. Automatic was 0/3 in the biggest Charger game of the year!

After he f'ed up the first FG try I was really sweating bullets on both PATs!

STFU about being sick of hearing about Kaeding... if he would have made two of those three Big Helmeted "Nate the Great" would be a hero today instead of a goat.

10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    We wouldn't even be talking (bad) about him today if our "Pro Bowl kicker" makes 2 makable field goals from 36 and 40 yards that he's supposed to make and we win that game 20-17....

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Doesn't matter.

He still needs to make the kicks.

You're not wrong about the offense having failed (Who the hell was Rivers throwing to in that 2nd pick?) but Nate still needs to make the FGs when that's what we have to go for.

The 57 yard attempt miss is ok, but the other two are not.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I'm not going to excuse Nate for the misses but you can't just blindly add 6 points to the score and say that's how the game would have ended.

There's no telling what may have happened with a different turn of events...in or not in our favor.

13. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    True but if Nate made the first one, you would probably see a heightened sense of urgency on the NYJ sideline. It's more pressure on Sanchez and he has not played well in that position. Missing those field goals changed the game. Making them would too.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So you have trouble with math, too? :icon_huh:

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Did you see me asking if the equation was right? Or providing a different answer?

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I do believe River's was throwing it to the spot the hot read dictates, unfortunately the receiver didn't study that page. Maybe his dog ate it.:icon_huh::icon_shrug:

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Two routine field goals would have done it, too. He just plain screwed up and took the play offs with him.

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    True, but in a tight ballgame such as this that would have probably been the final score 20-17. In playoff games like this FG's are CRUCIAL. Hell if he makes just ONE of those makeable FG's we have a tie probably. Just ONE Nate, just ONE......:crying:

19. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Yes Keding should have made those kicks, but only 2 attempts in possible range? (that 57 was the equivalent of a hail mary.) If the offense had played like it had the potential too, we would have had more drives that took us to the red zone or even the endzone. So why yes, Kaeding should have made those, you can't blame him soley. The whole team has to be blamed.

20. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    As I've said elsewhere: We simply weren't going to score many touchdowns on the Jets, the hardest team to score on in the league, so reasonably relying on the most accurate kicker who's made 69 straight kicks from that distance or less is actually part of beating them.

You do that and it's a two-possession lead. Sanchez would be given the ball more and he's not very reliable so that pressure would have done him in. Remember all week the plan was to force Sanchez to win the game on his own? That's exactly what Turner was doing but Kaeding failed to execute.

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Someone pointed out that the refs kept putting us in 3rd and long. Which killed alot of any momenton the chargers were getting. Even with all the horrible bad luck and miscues and refs putting the chargers in bad position with 3rd and longs we still could have won the game if we'd kicked a field goal or two.

Everything was against the chargers yet they still almost won it. Which is pretty amazing.

22. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    The Refs didn't put us there, We Did! :icon_evil:

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Maybe. Some of those calls were pretty lame calls.:yes: Just saying. YOu know. Theres alot of money that rides on these games. Not like it hasn't influenced a ref in the past.

Even other than that. WE still could have won. Everything that could go wrong for the chargers did. And everything went right for the jits. And the chargers still almost won. Lets ask the nfl for a do over. I'm sure they'd go for it.

24. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    WE could have scored more if not for the refs putting us in so many 3rd and longs. And many dumb miscues. Was definetly not the sharpest game the offense has played. And norv could have opened it up more and gone to no huddle alot more.

i get the feeling the chargers were just not supposed to win the game yesterday. dang football gods.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    That doesn't explain why Rivers gift wrapped a free INT that put the JETS in the red zone.

That first INT wasn't his fault, but who was he throwing to on that 2nd one?

26. HighBoltageMD

HighBoltageMD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
  27. caveman

caveman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't group me in with them! stopped being we when the entirety of san diego bailed on this team in week five, and it stopped being we when this team bailed on the entirety of san diego yesterday.

Saw this elsewhere, and it fits:
    [​IMG]

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    This wasn't meant for you, Leo.

29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    VJ. Rivers thought he was going to be a little deeper on the dig route.

**** happens. That was just one piece of Sunday's puzzle.

Perhaps you would prefer Eli? :lol:

30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Philip went to the right spot, just the wrong guy was there. V-jack cut his route short on the hot read, Philip saw something different. It even happens to HOF QB's,maybe we should trade Philip for Cutler?:icon_shrug: