1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Im thinking

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Eventually Martin is going to rotate with Thomas at NT while Liuget and Reyes play the ends

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You're not the first person I've heard say that. I could see Martin moving down inside. I remember when we switched to a 3-4 people were screaming about how Jamal Williams, who was listed at 300 lbs at the time, was too small for the position. Suddenly, overnight, the team started accurately reporting his weight at 330 and Jamal dominated inside.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I met Vaughn Martin at a Men's Wearhouse, New Year's Eve 2009 while I was picking up some pants. He's a massive man. I think whether or not he's a good nose is going to be a factor of how well he learns the technique at the position. He's 6'4 (easily), which is a little taller than you'd like, but if he anchors well, that could be a good solution.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I thought Martin would see time at NT when we drafted him so was a little surprised when he was moved to DE. If he can maintain leverage at 6'4", he certainly has the strength.

5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Plus isn't he 330lbs?

I also believe Garay and Thomas are 6'4" so it can work if he can make it work:)

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Garay is our best NT.

7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    True But to be one step ahead of the game you gotta think 2 steps ahead, Garay will be our NT this year but next year (going off of his back loaded contract) 1 million and some change this year vs 5 million next year, thats a lot of money for a 34 year old often injured NT when you have 2 players you've invested in the draft both "Capable" of being really good players

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So was Jamal. And we rested on those laurels for too long, letting him get old & injured before bringing in an understudy.

Wouldn't it be nice to learn something positive from that?

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Was......... #imjustclarifying ;)

10. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Vaughn Martin can play NT, but Antonio Garay has at least one season in the tank.

• Agree Agree x 1