1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm worried about Cromartie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Sep 14, 2008.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    If he doesn't get his **** together he might turn into a DeAngelo Hall type of player, a gambler more worried about his personal stats that think he's better than what he actually is.

Cro, don't sit on your laurels and work hard and within the team concept or you won't ba a Charger after your contract :tdown:

• Like Like x 2
  2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    repppppp!

3. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +635
    thanks

How's that for bumping a thread?

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    cro obviously has a big big big ego problem

5. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +635

I get the feeling that listening to Deon is not such a good idea :icon_shrug:

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I didn't see the game, what did he do?

Or is it he just got burned a lot?

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    No worries, he got biitch-slaped bact to reality today. (I hope)

• Like Like x 3
  8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what I was going to say.
    I hope today was a wake up call for him!!!

9. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +635
    Today he got beat a lot and had like 4 penalties, add that to last week's game where he went for the pick and gave up big receptions and hence the worry

Plus he dropped an INT today

10. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    In an obvious fade pass in the red zone he played like 5 yards off Brandon Marshall. Did he think his athletic ability was going to let him jump high enough to block the ball? That was a pathetic play.

I saw an interview a while ago from Deion where he talked about how he would call his "disciples" during and after games. Give them pointers, blast them if they screwed up, whatever. I don't like the guy at all, but if he's half the mentor he thinks he is he should be blasting Cro all over the place, playing like a terrible rookie college DB that's never played the corner.

I'd like to think that Cro will learn from today, and become the corner we all believed he was before the season started. I'm losing faith though, because I thought he would learn from last weeks game when he went for the pick and missed coverage.

11. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    **** Crow! his game sucks, but his hands are good. Start Cason!:tup: The dudes a ***** he cant tackle for ****!

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Understatement of the decade. I always feel a little dumber after listening to Deon speak.

13. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    :tup:

I hope so...he did not look good at all. But like everyone in this post has said, I think he is having a little hang over from last years success and all this listening to Pee-on got to his ego.

SNAP OUT OF IT!!

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    It isn't a thread without a poof

Seriously either Cromartie grew a very very big ego or he had one already and he silenced it as a rookie and second year. There were rumors that he had that Deion attitude and whatnot to go with his incredible talent, but since it was quiet hte last two years I figured it might have faded. But with success, that attitude that he's just naturally better and can trash talk anyone and get away with it is starting to return.

Cro's got two choices he can make; he can sulk and do nothing (side choice of this is he can get hyper defensive and blame other people) OR he can nut up and work with Bradley to fix it (and he can STFU)

15. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Honestly, what happened to Cro during the offseason? He had a great showing against R.Moss, essentially making him ineffective during the AFCG, what gives? Was our pass rush that awesome as opposed to now?

Or chemistry, is this still a young unit? I'm not about to sell off our secondary just yet. Maybe we need to give them a few more games so that they can mesh together. With any young unit that lacks "true" and "effective" leadership, I think they get a little too hard on themselves once they make mistakes. It's kinda like a domino effect. But either way, I have faith that these guys are talented and have the football smarts and instincts to be one of the best secondaries in the NFL.

16. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I am not ready to sell cromartie out just yet. I haven't seen any obnxious quotes or interviews. I am concerned by his play though. I hoping to chalk it up to a bit of sophmore slump, and him learning his limitations has he's given more lattitude out there. Let's see how he does next week.

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Just think about the positives...

If Cro sucks and Merriman is injured we can probably resign both of them! :tup: :lol:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    He just got lit up for a record day by Brandon Marshall, not to mention lost his cool several times and got lit up by the officiating crew as well.

That better take that ego down a notch or 2 ASAP, otherwise, gonna be a long season.

19. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Write off Cro, not hardly. I think because we get absolutely no pressure up front he is being exposed and having to cover way to long. As I have said in other posts today, Cotrell's scheme and having both Jammer and Cro playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage is obsurd and is the reason for the ya700-800 yards we have given up through the air.

20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    He started out wrong with the refs on the first PF and then it just went down hill from there.

He got schooled and why the hell are the DBs play so far off the line!?!?! Cro is supposed to be one of the fastest guys on the field and he is 10-15 off the line? :icon_huh: :icon_wtf:

21. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    This is a two-fold problem:
    1) Since the front seven aren't getting the kind of pressure they were known for last season, our DB's are having to work harder for their pay and need to have solid fundimentals.

2) Cromartie is a young player who has a lot of raw talent, had a great season last year and is listening to that egomaniac, moron, Deon Sanders for advice and guidance.
    (go away Deon...just go away)

I believe "Cro" will be getting an earful in team meetings this week and I am hoping he will respond well to what he hears.

Go Chargers!!!

:flag:

22. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    He's a young guy that still has a lot of growing to do.

Yesterday two pro-bowl corners got lit up. The difference is that Bailey didn't commit any dumb penalties that cost his team a whole bunch of yards.

Cro's a good guy, and I expect him to learn from this experience and become a better player because of it.

23. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I'm not worried. I said before the season started that 15 picks were a pipe dream. This is Cro's second year of serious playing time. Last season he took the entire league by storm, and no one was ready for him. Now coaches had an entire off season to look at him on film, and analyze his weaknessess, thus allowing them to attack him with routes that he's not proficient at covering right now. Cro spends a lot of time with Bill Bradley, and I have no doubt that he'll spot what teams are doing to him on film, and work on fixing the coverage issues. I think that his play will improve during the second half of the season, much like Big Mac last year.

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    There's several folks who need an ***-chewing in the Chargers clubhouse. Cro is just one of them. The guy has MAD skills, but he's got to learn to play his assignments & not just rely totally on his athleticism.

And a little freakin' pressure on the QB wouldn't hurt, either!!! :icon_evil:

25. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    yea i was watching NFL gameday yesterday night and when they were showing marshalls performance against cromartie deion said nothing, I actually didn't here one comment from deion during the clips. He is an *******. Get the F away from cromartie your screwing him up. Hopefully cromartie will start listening to people like jammer or Ronde or clements.

BTW has anyone noticed how good Cason has been playing. He's provided us with the turnover that led to bothof our last scoring drives from the Panthers and donkey shits. He's going to be very impressive once he develops.