1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Immediate Thoughts and Looking Ahead to Next Week

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning_Dynasty, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    This game was amazing.

Yes, it sucks that we lost, but I have not seen the Charegrs show so much heart in a long time. This team never once believe it was over. They played to the end.

Even more so, they played their first complete game of the season.

This is why I'm more hopeful than ever for this season. The Chargers, rose to the occasion today and showed everyone what they can do.

And despite all this talk about Rivers, let's take a look at his numbers today:

385 yards, 4 TDs, and 3Ints.

If the Bolts had come out on top, everyone would be praising Rivers. This was easily his best game of the season. He was stellar. The only reason people are giving him crap is because the last pick came at the worst possible time.

And right now, being perfectly honest, some of sound like Cowboy fans. Every other week, they're turning on Romo based on his play. I have to hear that crap every week from them, and I don't want to hear it from y'all. You're all better than Cowboy fans.

But I digress.
    This is the team we all knew we had at the start of the season.

Today we saw all the pieces finally start to fall into place. So instead of giving up, instead throwing Rivers under the bus, I am going to sit back and relax, because I love where this seaosn is heading.

I love the fire I saw in our guys today, I love the fight they had in them.

And I can't wait till Thursday.
    The Raiders aren't going to know what hit em.

In just a few days the Bolts will be 5-4, and the Charge to 12-4 will begin.

So everyone, stop panicking. Stop looking ahead to next season.
    Just take a deep breath and look at what we got.

Look beyond the loss and look at how the Bolts played. It was a great game.

And I look forward to getting a chance at a rematch here in a few months.

GO CHARGERS!

• Like Like x 9
  2. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    I think we have a real possibility of going 4-12 unless we fire norv now.

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    8 game winning streak starts Thursday.. enough said..

• Like Like x 2
  4. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Norv is sucking for luck.

5. Lifer

Lifer BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you Lightning_Dynasty... I love the optimism and share it with you! I think the Bolts showed much heart today and our boys fought well against the best team in the league! Hold your heads high Chargers and fans - take the positives from this game and march into the second half of the season with confidence... I have faith in my boys and all you fans should too... Go Bolts!

6. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    you must not have been watching this team the past 25 years. Thers a reason we don't have any sb titles. Optimism ain't worth it man.

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    I hope the Gilchrist experiment is over, then again Cason doesn't inspire much.

8. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    gilchrist is just a rookie. He reminds nme of a young jammer.

9. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I think it's not really fair to bench Gilchrist after this game. He is just a rookie going up against the NFL's best QB in only his second start. I feel like cutting him some slack, because he did well enough. He didn't get burned nearly as bad as I was afraid he would.

10. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Things that have been lacking previous 7 weeks that I saw improvement in today, we had HEART.. we fought back! That was very good to see.. We have to build off this loss..

Rivers again has to limit the turnovers.. Rodgers had 0, and we only lost by 7.. thats pretty good.. we have to do better in the pass defense, Rodgers was remarkably good but we could of had a few stops.. we have to limit the penalties in crucial moments, the lack of focus is what separates GOOD teams from GREAT teams..

The pass rush finally showed up for once.. that was great to see! We need Phillips back and looking forward to seeing Castillo back in 3 weeks.. Barnes had an awesome game once again!

Vincent Brown looked VERY good and showed flashes of what he can be.. a great slot receiver I would use him more than Crayton to be honest..

Hopefully we can get back Dielman, Mathews, and Floyd back for Thursday..

11. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    This team is undisciplined and that is on norv.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    i cant use that excuse anymore.. these guys are Vets and leaders.. there big boys not college boys.. they need to realize that..

Yeah Norv can get in there face and what not.. but thats not his style..

13. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    I think norv is making them less disciplined than they would be without a coach to be honest. I bet if rivers was coach right now while being qb they'd still be more disciplined than with norv.

• Like Like x 1
  14. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Rivers threw for 385 yards and 3 picks vs the 31st ranked pass defense. Not happy about that at all and fail to find any optimism at this point. Of course only if we are talking about a potential championship. Other than that fuq it, 26 plus years of the same offseason looks inevitable.

15. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Norv is an Offensive Coordinator...Not a Head Coach!

How many Norv-experiements does it take for people accept this fact?

It had been said that this was the most talented team that Norv has every led and that he WOULD finally prove all his de-tractors wrong. AJ = EPIC FAIL

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'll remind the haters he played on monday night on his first start (and clearly his head was in the lights) and for a follow up he plays vs Aaron rodgers who threads the needle better then any QB I've seen since Brady went crazy in 2007. Gilchrist made mistakes but he had some great coverages on numerous occasions and Rodgers still at times managed to put it in the perfect place. I think he deserves some slack. He struggles vs Raiders, he goes to the bench

17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    31st ranked pass D means nothing. The Packers are 21pts ahead of every team they play teams have to pass to get back in it.

The same goes for today, we couldn't score when it mattered, but when we got behind they started playing quarters zone and we started picking them apart.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I am encouraged because in spite of the injuries, turnovers and a few WTF??? plays, the Chargers clawed their way back into the game against the unbeaten, world champs even after spotting them 14 points on two early picks. Thankfully, the rest of the AFC West is still a mess and in spite of our unremarkable performance thus far...we are tied for 1st in the division. It looks like the Chargers are starting to get in sync. Still a very long way to go...but we still have a legitimate shot at the post-season with half of the season to go.
    Get well soon...against the Raiders!!!

19. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    No matter what we say, I highly doubt Gilchrist will deliver. I don't see this player getting any better. I'll be surprised if he makes it to the end of December, and it won't be good for the team either way.

20. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    How many accounts does this clown have? It would save me time if I could just put them all on ignore at the same time.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    He's been dealt with. Won't be posting here any longer.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    The only comment that I have is for the supposed Chargers faithful that left the stadium when we were only 21 points down. The Bolts showed some major cojones and some heart and never quit on themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I've been thinking about this loss, and I'm convinced that if Rivers had not thrown any interceptions, we STILL would have lost. Norv would have called plays more conservatively and we would have lost to the Packers 24-28.

24. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Rivers can't do it. He can't carry this team anymore(remember Brees of '05 and L.T of '09) Watch him get traded or something after this season in hopes of becoming better. He'll go off to some team and bring the hardware. It's became the hardest challenge to take this team to the Super Bowl. Congrats to Stan Humphries and the '94 team for being the only team in history to do something in this sad sack of a organization.

25. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I never leave a game early. The Tampa Bay Rays showed why:

26. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Exactly. I never leave until the last ticks on the clock say 00.00 and the final is announced. Also, I want to give a big old F**k You to the Bolts fans that sold out their seats to make a few hundred on this game. You could have made a difference if there were actually more Bolts fans in attendance.

27. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    So Jammer is having the worst year of his carrer. Cason was so bad he got benched for a rookie. And the rookie gets shredded too.........do I have to connect the dots for everyone around here? WE ARE NOT RUSHING THE PASSER! Manusky actually attempted a 2 man rush today, the recievers had all day to get open, and did.....SHOCKER:eek: !!!!

The worst part is we actually had some success for the first time ever with a 4 man rush, which ensures that Manusky will go home tonight felling like a genius (despite giving up 31pts), and never change.

Thats the problem with losing close games instead of getting dominated, the coaches think they're heading in the right direction when they're not.

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    This game was up for grabs heading into the 3qtr. The defense opened it with a long drive and a score for GB. I seen the kick and the Bolt's take possession and the link I had went to commercial for British gas. I got up for a drink and munchies and when I returned GB had the ball again and no mention of what occurred. The game became an uphill battle from this point on.

This game was certainly winnable for the Bolt's and River's threw it away. I doubt he's injured as he took some very hard shots yesterday and got right back up. My best guess right now, is that there has been such a scuffling of skill player's and those that are hurt playing , that the offensive timing is way out of sync.

If guy's can get somewhat healthy and hopefully stay that way threw the second half there is still a good chance. It was a very rough first half for the Bolt's and just maybe the worm has turned and they get hot.

29. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    The funny thing is when we were 4 and 1 I knew we were in big trouble. We were playing terribly and struggling mightily to overcome crappy opposition. After last night and especially seeing what the rest of the AFC 'Worst' has, I've started to feel some optimism coming back in. Having said that we cannot compete with any of the powerhouses right now but I was v impressed with the O line which makes a change and I liked what I saw from the D line and especially Barnes. (LaBoy isn't worth a sh1t btw). So, room for improvement?, holy hell yes, season over?, far from it.

As Stuckey said to Hank B at the end of their interview last night, GO BOLTS!.

30. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Point is regardless of their ranking their defense is suspect, especially vs. the pass, and we played like shyte like we always do and we come in here and type the same shyte every week so at least we have monotony down pat.