1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Impact Analysis: Antonio Gates, TE, San Diego Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 29, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Analysis of Antonio Gate and his toe injury. This article is mostly form a fantasy football perspective, but it's still a good read.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Shaddap, you. :icon_tease:

3. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    What makes you feel that way, have you read something to make you feel this way?

• Like Like x 1
  4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    He won't.....he'll be BETTER! :yes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    As long as he's ready for the playoffs

:tup:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what I was about to ask.

7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I'm concerned like eldwin, I've heard some people with the same torn plantar plate injury, they say that their foot has never healed completely.

Antonio's a big guy who puts a lot of torque on his feet from planting and cutting on every play. I'll continue to be worried until Gates proves me wrong.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Thanks for summing things up.

Sure there is reason for concern but I see it differently. If I'm right, he won't be back till week 4? I say "let him take his time." We will then see how he does on the field.

I understand that this injury is not minor but keep the faith!!! :bolt:
    Keep in mind that this is a guy that you'd have to chop his leg off to slow him down!!! :yes: :tup: :bolt:

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    If Gates can only go at 85% and without pain, he's still better than most TE's in the league.:tup:

10. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Gates will be fine, he's too much a competitor NOT to be out there. Even IF the toe gives him some trouble from time to time, I see him as the type of player that'll play through...comes with the game sometimes!!

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    :icon_shrug:
    I have had this injury. Patience. It simply takes time. Gates is the prima fascia evidence for not playing LT when he was hurt. For Gates to have played with this injury, even as a decoy, was a poor, poor decision, both on his part and the team's. Now, you Parker bashers, gain some perspective. He may or may not have the talent to make the cut this year, but to impugn him as a sissy is absurd. Ease up on LT. Don't give me any political flack for this, but the disparagement of Parker and LT reminds me of the bravado of chicken hawks like Cheney and Rumsfeld. How many of you Parker and LT bashers out there have been whacked and whittled in the mud, the blood and the beer? How many of you have tried to play smash mouth with torn or sprained body parts? Ollie, Ollie oxen free, come out, come out where ever you are. Plenty of boxers have persevered with broken noses, even broken jaws(Ali), but when the foot or knee goes, out comes the towel. Those who have failed to heal from plantar injuries more than likely failed to follow through on therapy or ignored sound medical advice. The ultimate remedy is to sever the tendon. That happens when the injured party doesn't follow protocol.

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Daryl Stingly tried to play through injury, but that didn't work either.

Some injuries just can't be played through. For instance, TOES. Gates best years are in the past.

13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I don't think breaking up that post would make any difference.

:lol:

14. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Stranger, I am amazed that you pulled that out of that post. I thought you were quoting a Johnny Cash song.

15. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I forget to paragraph. It's the Kerouac in me, but forget that I'm not writing on a roll of Scott.

16. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Especially if you have to carry the beer. Brandy is dandy, but sex won't rot your liver.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Cocaine's for horses, not for men
    They say it'll kill me, but they don't say when :lol:

Let Gates heal fully before putting him back on the field. If he pushes too soon, the unimaginable may happen to his career.

Naanee & Chandler - come on down!!

18. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I've been thinking the same thing about Chandler. Gates acts more like a wide receiver anyway.