1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Impressions from the Parking Lot and View 40 (Ravens Version)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Nov 25, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    1. Nice mellow tailgate this week, no problems, no arrests, no nothing.

2. Rivers has really impressed me with his performance the last two weeks, he's making better decisions, he's standing taller in the pocket and he's threading the needle alot better. Not to say he didn't make dumb mistakes but its a definite improvement.

3. People who were booing Rivers in the first quarter were idiots

4. The team really hates Norv's play calling alot. 3rd and 1, called a time out, came back with a run up the middle which Baltimore predicted and stuffed. That entire offense looked deflated and felt like crap, and the defense did the same too.

5. The secondary is doing more this year with less pass rush. They are covering and playing great even without much rush. My only complaint is STOP PLAYING 5 YARDS OFF WHEN THERE'S LIKE 4 YARDS TO GO.

6. Minus Merriman's one offsides penalty, I did not see ONE single actual penalty by the Chargers. Jammer got called for a total BS PI call, Hart's 'roughing the passer' was BS, Cromartie I think got a holding or something like that as well, that was BS. The refs were obviously in Baltimore's pocket.

7. We're not getting a good push in the run game period, Baltimore blew us up alot. On the bright side great pass blocking and blitz recognition - wonder if that's from Hardwick coming back.

8. Congrats to LT on reaching the milestone.

9. Cottrell deserves some credit as he brought alot of blitzes from alot of people, including late into the game, and even unleashed the Shawne/Shaun (s) at the same time :icon_eek:. They have GOT to learn how to get out of 3rd and longs though.

10. Funny story - the giveaway were these 'cheer cards' so lots of people turned them into paper airplanes. In mine and the section near ours there were alot of airplanes being sent into the air. One hit a cop on the field in the stomach :icon_rofl:, one landed near Rivers who had a baffled :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: look. The coup de grace was definitely when a paper airplane made it from view near the little scoreboard all the way down to the field where Merriman snagged it when it was flying by him. He got a round of applause from the crowd and took a bow, which was freakin hilarious :yes:

2. eastcoastboltgal

eastcoastboltgal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +695
    Freakin hilarious is right!!! My kids loved it. From our viewpoint, it also looked like Rivers picked up the paper airplane and kind of tossed it to his teammates on the sideline.

Oh yea, what about the guy running on the field and then getting tackled by security? That was hysterical as well. My kids said this was their favorite game -- they have been to a few Redskin games and one Raven homegame! :D

3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I wish they would show that stuff on TV. They showed Norv and the entire SD bench laughing .. What happened exactly?

4. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695
    Almost forgot ... I had birthday cake!!!!!! :D

Guess what kind? :icon_rofl:

Thanks Trumpie and thank your woman again for me!! You two are the best. :D

5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Good write-up Ant...I bet the player's do hate Norv's predictable, uninspiring playcalling...I am still glad to win and have PR doing better in spite of Norv...imagine where this team could be with good coaching...

This win felt like we did earn it...not like that horrible Indy "win"...but I'm still soured on Norv...we will see I guess.

Just turned on the Pats game to see them losing...I don't get what just happened with Brady and calling out the calls...I wish I understood fb a little better sometimes...

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    good stuff Ant

I wish they would show the airplanes

PS. The holding call on Cro was legit

:tup:

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    You punks above me almost hit me several times. I sit in the front row and had three airplanes make though the <6" slot between my feet and the sign in front of me.

The one that hit the cop was funny.

Rivers threw his plane twice.

8. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Was it close to the line of scrimage?

9. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    He bumped the receiver more than 5 yards off the line (because the receiver turned into him). I think he barely touched him and to be honest the receiver benefited more because he got good separation. Because it was a crappy *** throw, Cro made a terrific interception that was called back ..

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    they showed the replay

way past five yards

11. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Man, I've got to start paying attention. Oh well, I sure the ref deserved my boos anyway. ****ers!

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I still say that was a horseshit call
    and I didn't see a person on the field, what happened and when?

14. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Agreed!!

15. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    We didnt throw any.:no: Not personally, anyways. One dude in our row threw one that boomeranged and almost hit him in the head. Waht a dork.

There was one plane that landed on one 5 yard line and then one on the other. I have a photo of Rivers picking up one that landed on the 45-yard line, almost mid-field.

One question I have, What Ever Happened to Van de Knightman???

16. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695
    Some guy wearing an LT jersey (I believe) ran onto the field where the Chargers come on ... he crossed the field and ran all the way down to about the 15 yard line. A security guy took off after him and tackled his butt hard. It was hysterical. All the players were on the field .. there was 1 second left in the game.

That is what I saw; does anyone else have a different perspective?

17. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    whatever

the rest of your take is spot on!!

:tup::tup:

18. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    The way the bench was laughing, I thought the guy was naked or something .. :icon_eek:

19. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the replay I saw of the cro interference showed he hooked his arm around the wr. Which was the big no no. He doesn't need to do that. Just bump your guy if he's close and stay close after the bump.

Good stuff Anteater. It looked like the ravens knew when we were gonna run and were set to stop our running game. And see if Rivers could beat us. Which thank the lord he did. Better pass blocking this week for Rivers.

20. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695
    What was so funny was how the security guard bolted after this guy and tackled his ***!!! It was hysterical .. oh I already said that! :icon_eek:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Cro damn near undressed the receiver on that play, he deserved the flag but I liked his style.

22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He also came up and made a pretty good play against the run. :tup:

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Just as soon as the guy started running on the field, the PA announncer says "running onto the field is NOT allowed during the game". :icon_rofl:

Dude who hit the field got NAILED by security. :lol:

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    yes he did, and I for one am tired of all the boy scout play beat some *** and take the flag fawk it. give the other guys something to worry about.

25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Yep! :lol:

26. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

what about the bullshit call on our corner blitz (can't remember who)

jumped up to break up a pass and hit the qb

total BS

27. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Please tell me you are joking? Your ego can't possibly be this easy to hurt.

28. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    His parents probably read the forum and decided not to let him out of sight :icon_eek:

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    that was hart and that was a bull **** call, i wish he knocked his *** out because of it.

30. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

Fuking Refs

I thought one of the Manning boys suddenly appeared at QB