1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Impressions from the Parking Lot and View 40

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Dec 24, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Best tailgate of the year right there - the food and seeing everyone and the atmosphere made it an absolute pleasure. Thanks to everyone who brought food and showed up, makes me so proud to be part of Bolttalk.

Thanks as well to RTL, Powder, Conc and the others who jumped in during the live podcast. I know alot of people couldn't see it - we had it on for like 40mins, more experimental then anything else but it worked great. And to SDRon and Turbo Turtle, you wimp wouldn't get on the show, you all suck :icon_tease:

In general to whoever was in view 40, 41 and 42, thanks for giving Charger fans a bad name. I have never seen so many drunk idiots in my life as was in that one section. i know people drink alot and people go watch the game drunk but this, especially in my section and my row, was the biggest collection of *******s I've ever seen and basically screwed the whole damn experience for myself and my dad. And I'm not even mentioning the fights there too.

There's something going on between Bronco and Charger players that we don't know about that is causing a major feud between the two teams. The whole atmosphere around the game struck me as that.

Mr. Anteater, the rest of Bolttalk kindly serves you up another plate of Crow for talking badly about Chris Chambers. Anyone know what other sort of condiments go with dead crow? Grey Poupon isn't cutting it anymore.

The Chargers scored points of Denver turnovers, something they didn't do early and midway during the year. The next step, crucial for the playoffs, is to turn those mistakes into touchdowns not fieldgoals.

I do question some of the playcalling during the game, struck me as somewhat vanilla but before the playoffs I can't be too surprised. Can we just please stop running up the gut? PLEASE???

What's going on with Gates? Two straight games of one catch? WTF?

Damn its good to have Castillo back. He really brings something big to this team. I love Cesaire but he's best as a backup. Also my boy Igor, he has just been dominating these past few weeks and might finally be growing into that complete DE.

Wilhelm, you are something special

Will someone explain what the frak was going on with everyone's kicking? Kaeding got his fieldgoals, which is good, but the kickoffs were crap, the special teams were crap and wtf happened to Denver's punting game? Christ the kids in the punt pass and kick competition do better then that.

Am I the only one getting sick and tired of the Raiders and Broncos 'come back' to how bad they suck being "How many super bowls do you have?" Hell if i wanted to go back that far why don't I insult those dumb bastards by saying we had the best AFL team and an AFL title. Only problem is I doubt any of them would think I was talking about something other then Arena football.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Kaeding was injured on the opening kickoff, so that was Scifries kicking off the rest of the game.

There were shitloads of drunks there tonite. It goes hand and hand with night games, I think.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Gates had at least one clear drop tonight. He's had more drops in the past month or so than he's had in the past couple seasons. I think his back must still be bothering him.

Chambers was worth every penny, both salary and the #2 draft pick. He's the real deal, and a solid character as well.

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    And he's ours for three more years!!!!! :icon_banana::icon_banana::icon_banana:

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yes. Night games just give everyone more time to sit around and consume even more alcohol. By and large, drunks are annoying dipshits to everyone but themselves and other drunks. They like to romanticize it, but bottom line, they are just drunken idiots.

6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    It's funny you mention this. I was at dinner Sun. night and saw a Raider fan wearing a shirt that said, Got Rings? with the Raiders logo in the O. I couldn't stop laughing. :icon_rofl:

Thank's to the Bolttalk crew for another great time. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. :icon_party:

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Mr. Anteater, the rest of Bolttalk kindly serves you up another plate of Crow for talking badly about Chris Chambers. Anyone know what other sort of condiments go with dead crow? Grey Poupon isn't cutting it anymore -PostAnteaterCharger.

And speaking of crow. How many of us have to eat it over Randy Moss along with me? Can those who bash VJ for catching with his face mask and pads now stop? New Denver team song:

The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be
    Ain't what she used to be
    Ain't what she used be

Oh, the old gray mare just ain't what she used be
    Ain't what she used to be
    Many long years ago!

This donkey show isn't as entertaining as some others I could mention, but won't. A matter of taste, you see.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Nearly everyone except the GM of the Patriots is eating crow regarding Randy Moss. I'm just eating alot of crow because of Chambers.

And in regards to all those drunks, I don't remember it being this bad against the Colts or in other night games. This was the worst I've ever seen my section and seriously I might move from view 40 to view 36-37 or soemthing like that

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Regarding the drunks (and not excusing them at all!), probably didn't help that it was xmas eve. :no:

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We saw the cops up in that area View 40'ish

One dude two rows behind us got tossed out. He fell over two rows and landed into Lindas back. She was not hurt but the dude was ejected.

Another chick went down our entire aisle and was the second seat from the end. She spilled beer on 3 people while she pulled this lame move. She was ejected as well. These were new comers to our area so I suspect the tickets were sold to others.

11. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I don't know if you want to do that, there is a unbelievable obnoxious dude that sits in view 37.

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I thought you sat in the Club Level? :icon_tease:

13. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    No, they have standards. An alarm would go off.

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    my guess is if the donks weren't such a dirty team the chargers fans might not be so pizzed at them. If the even more dirty titans play us in the first playoff game theres gonna be a brawl in the stadium that game. Time to kick the titans ashes and send them back to titanville on stretchers. Its what they deserve. :yes:

Thats after beating the evil raters this week.

Lets face it. Some folks just have no control. As clint eastwood said. YAh gotta know your limitations.

15. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    There are problem drinkers everywhere. It's a problem that's not just at football games. The beaches, the 4th, even had a problem at the Old Globe one night. Too bad it's the ones who can't hold their mud who are the first ones to pick up a shovel. Does it do any good to give the cops a heads up about the chronic buttheads?

16. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Any pics from the xmas eve tail gate/game? Always fun to look at pics...!

Chris

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Rexy was not there but I did see a few personal cameras.

No group shots were taken.

We were too busy indulging. :icon_toast:

I even brought my camera knowing I would not use it... oh well.

Playoffs.....it has been since Stan the Man since we had a victory.

My first date was at a playoff win against the Chiefs in '93.

Then carnal knowledge on the beaches as a single man in Miami in 95but that was the Super Bowl or the ultimate playoff game :abq2:

18. eastcoastboltgal

eastcoastboltgal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +695
    Can we mamke the playoff totally awesome since I will be there? :D

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Playoff games...wow.

It is an experience in and of itself. Those who have attended can flat out attest that everything, I mean everything, gets dialed up to almost maximum.......Max is saved for the Super Bowl. :yes:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    SDRaiderH8er says a man when arrested in the View for having a loaded 9mm pistol on him at the stadium during the game. :yes:

Leslie knows what section. :icon_eek:

21. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695
    So that's a big yes for the bestest tailgate ever!!! :D

22. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    LOL I worked at the Old Globe for like 6 years. someone had too much chardonnay huh?

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Every time you attend for some reason :lol: the tailgates are the best ever. :)

24. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842

:kisskiss:

:lol:

25. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695

:rockout::icon_party:

26. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    He showed up half crocked. Started drinking the hard stuff out of the pub, brought one inside. Fell asleep, started snoring during the performance. Theatre goers don't cause a lot of trouble, they just fade, fade away. Roughly equivalent to a blowhard in a packed stadium.

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Pffft....everytime you show up, I wish I could afford another divorce. :lol: :flag:

28. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    :icon_eek:

:icon_shrug:

:tup:

:icon_kiss:

29. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695
    [​IMG]

30. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Thanx for the splat.

Methinks Trumpie is:

A. Jonesing for a 3 or 4-way.

Or

B. He's trying to start a cat fight between us.