1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

in case you havent noticed

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by displaced_bolter, Dec 12, 2006.

1. displaced_bolter

displaced_bolter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The big buzz seems to be Saints vs Bolts for the SuperBowl. Browse it. Google it. The concensus for the AFC is definitely SD and after week 14, the Brees Show in Dallas has vaulted the Saints not only into credibilty, but possibly better than the Bears even (debatable, for sure).

The TV networks prolly wont like it though ... two small markets .. SD and NO .. but on the other hand, the whole post-Katrina spin, the former Charger QB, and some guy whose initials are LT.. may override all else.

Personally as a San Diego native who has seen the AFL era (Hadl, Lowe, Alworth, et al), the Air Coryell era (Fouts, Winslow, Jefferson, et al), the only Super Bowl year ('94) .. I would like nothing more that to see Brees and Bush face the Chargers on Feb 4 for the big one.

Anyone else ?

2. update in progress
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'm glad Brees is having success for the Saints. It's a feel good story after Katrina devistated the area last year.

But, I could care less who we face in the Super Bowl. The NFC is weak and we can beat any team they put against us. The AFC playoffs will be a touhger challenge than the Super Bowl it's self.

Drew Brees. I'm glad you're having one hell of a season, but I'm a Charger fan, I will route will all my heart and soul for you to lose. This is the Chargers year and we will not be denied.

• Like Like x 1
  4. displaced_bolter

displaced_bolter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I hear you on this. The media hype gets on my nerves too. Just consider all that Rex Grossman crapola on the Monday night game .. geeeeeez ... so I take your point.

Speaking of .. am I the only one who can't stand the current MNF broadcast crew .. aka the 3 stooges ?

Anyway. getting past all of that, I still would like Brees to get there .. and lose gracefully of course :bolt:

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Nearly word-for-word what I was going to type... :tup:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Word :tup:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Welcome to Bolttalk dude.

I too have been through the eras you have as well so we have endured many many seasons and tailgaters.

I would not mind seeing a Saints / Chargers Super Bowl although whoever represents in the NFC will get killed. I would prefer the Bears since they have the better defense to test our team but just so long as we are in and win is what counts most to me.

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Drew Brees hasn't beaten a top-ten defense yet this season. Hard to imagine he could reverse that trend and win a couple of playoff games. :no:

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Saints/Bolts was what Pastabelly said would be the best matchup from a marketing aspect. Personally, I don't want that because 90% of the country would be rooting against us.

I just want a win. I don't care who we play.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I think it fires up the team to be considered an underdog or even to be dissed.

Let them diss us because when we ram it up their caca holes, it will be that much sweeter. :yes:

It does not kill my buzz. Nothing bends this buzz. Phuc em all before that happens.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Just for the record I would LOVE to see the Saints v Chargers in the Super Bowl! :yes:

12. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    :helm3: The real superbowl should be the AFC championship game :bolt2:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Which player on an opposing team would have the best chance of providing his defense with a detailed insider's view of this Chargers offense?

Right. Drew Brees knows this offense inside and out. Just like Payton knows that Dallas team inside and out... and showed it last weekend.

Not that I don't think this Chargers team is head and shoulders above any team in the NFC... I just wouldn't want Brees to pull a Gruden on us.

And don't think he wouldn't be anchored to their defensive coordinator in the two weeks leading up to the big game. He would spill his guts for sure.

Gimme the Bears, Dallas or any other NFC Team. But I don't want to face the Breeser just yet. :no:

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'd hate to see a Chargers SB against the Saints or Da Bears. Although the Chargers are my favorite team, I have an emotional investment in the other two teams and playing them in the SB could ruin the game for me, in a sense.

15. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

booo you sound like tha rock haha

16. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :icon_huh: The Rock, the wrestler? Did he say something like this?

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think he's refering to a particular oakland troll...

18. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    That game will definatly be between the best two teams in the NFL.

19. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    The way that the Chargers and the Saints are playing at the moment. this is proberly be the SuperBowl Game and i hope it is:icon_toast:

20. Flowsomuch

Flowsomuch BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't want to hear or talk about Super Bowl until we're officially in it.

Frankly, I could really care less who we play. We have to get there first.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Exactly. I'm still a Brees fan and I've always liked the Saints but not better than the Chargers.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Good observation. I think there's a bit of a Saints fan in everybody this season!

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,879
    I'm not a Saint's fan and I never was a Brees fan, I still wouldn't want to see the little dude get killed by Merriman and Phillips. If the Saint's cinderella season ends with a loss in the SB to the Bolt's I have no complaint's.:bolt: :helm1:

24. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Who cares if 99.9% of the country was rooting against us. I like being the underdog a lot better. Ask the guys that made the trek to Indy last year. Everything and everyone kept pointing to the golden "in-bred" boy as the chosen one....Bolts have no chance...blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I'll tell you what. Being outside that stadium hi-fiving other charger fans and basically hugging some after the win felt that much sweeter. Mainly because it was considered such a big upset and everyone just figured we'd choke in the national spotlight.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I don't think we'd be the underdog. Just not the fan favorite.

As EC said "I don't want that because 90% of the country would be rooting against us." I don't want that either but if that's the way it has to be, so be it!!!:bolt:

26. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    i definatly dont want to play NO in the superbowl because of the fact that Brees knows the offense so well. I would love to play the Bears though. Can you imagine what our defense could do to poor ole rex grossman. We would eat that guy alive. Plus, i would love to show to the world how crappy the Bears defense really is against a strong offensive team like the bolts...:bolt2:

But, lets just make it there...we have a long road ahead of us and its definatly one game at a time around here. Lets just get Kansas City's head on a stick...and then lets take care of the tough AFC road that lies ahead of us in the playoffs.

27. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I want either one but not both...