1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

In Teddy We Trust!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Sep 23, 2008.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That's my boy!

Ya'll wanted change, well, we did it. Actually it should have been even worse. 2-3 dropped picks. A penalty to call back another one. Some good sacks and pressure. I know many of you will still be critical of him but you have to start somewhere and on a nationally televised game against a legend QB that we have never beat.......I think we made a small statement that we're not dead yet.:tup:

Damn those 2 first games!!!:icon_evil:

2. Trent Edwards

Trent Edwards BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Teddy's da man! :tup:

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

4. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    i still say screw em!

i bet something happened at that Defense only meeting. They insisted on him changing.

one game. im still not sold on the bastard.

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Yeah, they probably said that he isn't calling a bad game, we just need to learn how to stay on our man, catch the ball when it hits us in the hands and for christ sake....learn how to tackle!!!!

One game.....that's funny:icon_rofl: He had a hell of a defense last year. This year he is having to make some adjustments because of the loss of certain players.

Geez, some folks will never be hapy!:no:

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    you might be confusing high expectations with happiness.

:icon_shrug:

our defense, as it stands right now, cannot win a SB

imo

:no:

7. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I fulfilling my adoptive duties.:yes:

Face it, had this defense been on the field last week against the Donks......what's the outcome? Sad part is, it is going to be a while that our defense gets truely tested. Probably the Saints game and that will be tough because of the travel (that is the one they are playing over seas, right?)

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

and representing well!!

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

9. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I disagree WR. Our defense is what kept us in the game when the jets could of easily made it 14-3. Cromartie could of had at least 2 more picks, jammer...they didn't even throw to his side..farve know what it is...and the pressure aka Phillips, castillo and tucker got there not only to sack but make tackles for losses. Hart played exceptional after coming off a surgery on monday and weddle...i take back everything bad i said about him..he played exceptional. I actually saw smith make some great tackles. You have to remember that the Jets have brett farve, Cotchery and coles and on paper is one of the best offensive with jones back there but we stopped them on almost every drive. The 29 points were off a pick and 2 ST errors. The other ones were at the end of the game when we had the win rapped up. I can tell we weren't trying because wilhelm was in. Good job D.:tup:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'll give the defensive players props for coming out & giving it their all. They finally looked like a team with focus & drive. :tup:

Teddy, however, can still KMA. I gave him a pass last year. No more. I want his fat *** gone.

11. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I agree but I think they have taken a step in the right direction. Plus with Cooper out, Jamal getting his feet under him, Weddle adjusting to life as a starter, the addition of Smith as a new player, the loss of Merriman, and Cotrell just now remembering where the "volume knob" is I think the D is going through some growing pains.

They need to get through those pains quickly. At least Cotrell realizes he needed to change up his game plan to suit this years changes. :icon_toast:

BRING ON THE TURDS!!!!

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Cottrell realizes ****. The guys got together & called each other out, came into this game with more focus & energy, & regained a bit of their pride. I give next to no credit to the fat **** we call our DC. :icon_evil:

13. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    i dont know whos on the in teddy we trust commitee, but i wont be a part of it. so he finally got his head out of his *** and changed up his schemes. lets see if it continues.

props to the defense for showing up last night. even though they missed some easy INTs out there. keep it up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    WORD:tup::flag:

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    What would have been the outcome if Hochuli had not been on the field? Not only was his call a decisive moment, as the senior official, it was his job to make sure that the replay system was working by checking with the guy in the booth. That was two pivotal changes of possession. The Jets are not the team the Denver is, even at that, we was robbed. Sad commentary that one crassly blown call was the deciding factor, but plenty of games hinge on one play, one mistake or one call. This appears to be especially true of Denver, who are better than we thought, especially Cutler. This defense has to be ready for anything at the whistle. They are getting closer, but the Jets aren't the cream of the schedule.

16. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    If you drop the 7 from the Int and 7 from the return to the five, then the D as a whole gave up 15.

I bashed him after last week, but I did like that the blitzes were more mixed and they did pressure Favre often.

Lets see how the Run D holds up against the Raiders, because that is all they have. Need to crush all their hopes and bury them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Thars wisdom in them thar werds...oooops, thought I was on the Donko board :lol: