1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

In the news

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
  2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
  3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
  4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
  5. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    :confused: we are in week 11 and Norv is just now getting around to getting his team ready for a complete game.. Wow he is stating the obvious. duh!!!

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
  7. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I wish i was a media reporter when Norv said that. I would have asked, "What gives you that idea of needing to put together a complete game?" lol

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Yep, I think it's time Philip get traded for some picks or player's, even a fair combination of the two. This team can find more ways to lose than there is sand gains on La Jolla Shores and it's getting more and more absurd.

9. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I can't tell if people are trolling anymore when they say to get rid of Rivers

10. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Getting rid of Rivers is not a good idea. At the end of the day he is a good QB. Just the wrong game plan in place. He is setup for complete failure this year with every crappy game plan that is put in front of him.

There are other people I would like to get rid of before PR and see if he can bounce back with a coach/gm.

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    This team needs a rebuild, I can't think of a quicker way to get players than trade to gain picks or player's. What else do we have?

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Anyone who suggests the Chargers need to get better by cutting off their nose to spite their face, and trading Rivers is just.... whacked.

• Like Like x 3
  13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    A band-aid won't help this team, they're in need of Intensive Care or all will be lost.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Neither will trading the franchise QB.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Everyone is hating on the guy right now and a change might do him good. Hell, the Chargers will benefit by gaining draft picks and players.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    So what if everyone is 'hating' on the guy? The only one concerned with that is you.

I have never heard Philip worry about if the fans are cheering or booing.

Everyone hated on Jammer his 3rd and 4th year, and that was 6 and 7 years ago. Lets step out of the Madden NFl game mentality here.

• Like Like x 2
  17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I want to witness a Championship in San Diego, I'm a throwback in this area of my thinking. I don't care what it cost, or how much we cheat to get it, just win the damn thing. I want the team to win and I'm tired of this Sunday School Circus AJ is running. If it cost the team River's to win one then I'm all for it. Let's stop all this plastic RAH RAH bullshyte and watch a team kick your *** and bring home the Lombardi.

18. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    in what logic would trading our franchise QB make us a better team. Did New York try and trade Eli Manning after last season when he led the league in INTs with 25 no so just get a ******* grip

• Like Like x 2
  19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You want to see a Championship and your method of achieving that is to trade your FRANCHISE QB?

Really?

Ok, we got nothing further to discuss.

20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The Bolt's need player's yesterday, not five years down the road. Just how many poor arsed season do you want to go through? Hell River's will be injured or out of the league by the time this mess get's turned around under the present management.

21. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I thought this thread would have some good stuff......... like 'Norv has been given the vote of confidence by AJ' = he is surely gone soon or 'Manusky fired, Pagano to become DC'. What's all this hating on Rivers BS. Yes he has played poorly but he gets a mulligan, what about the o line or the D?. They are the big reason we are as F'd as we are.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    There are soooo many problems right now, to be honest Philip is at the bottom of the list, even with his INTs.

1) Corners cant cover worth a damn
    2) OL has been patchwork far too long AJ!
    3) Our FB is a Special Teams player, we need a blocker like we had when LoNeal was here.
    4) The majority of our LBs are slow and ineffective.
    5) We cant keep our players on the field.
    6) Too many f'in turnovers given away, too damn few taken away
    7) Manusky was a reach and an experiment that has failed
    8) We no longer have the personell to play the 3-4.
    9) Our play makers on O are getting old (read Gates)
    10) Rivers imitating John Friesze

23. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Now just maybe you can understand my point. They need a whole new team, what the hell good is a franchise QB if he doesn't have the supporting staff around him to win? that means both offense and defense, not to mention ST's.

24. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Mark Malone
    Babe Laughenberg
    Mark Vlasic
    John Friesz
    Sean Salisbury
    Craig Whelihan
    Ryan Leaf

Need I go on??? You just don't trade/cut a winning QB because he is having an off year.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    No I dont. You do not trade a fanchise QB in hopes to rebuild. Especially since the draft is a fickle thing. Sorry, I think that is possibly the dumbest thing I have heard in this horid season. (Not saying you are dumb, after all we are not talking Rivers v. Brees ;))

Love your fire, but cant get behind this idea Hex, sorry...

26. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    You are correct. Rivers is still the man. Something is going on with his decision making. It is very strange. As a neurologist I am very concerned about his cognitive perceptions. He is over throwing, under throwing and not seeing things clearly. I am concerned for his health.

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Stay the course this team is on and that franchise QB will be out of football due to injury. Hell, Breese has proved that!! he walks and wins all the way around. The Bolt's are stuck in reverse and on a very muddy slope.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I am sorry but you dont know that. Too many times teams turn things around in short order. This mentality of all is lost unless we give up Rivers is silly man. You want to give up our Franchise QB to gamble on the fact we might get a star to replace him? I guess I am just not a poker player.

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    No, actually it's all been a bluff to change the focus in here for a short time. The way I really see it is, this team is in really bad need of great coaches at all the top spots. HC, OC, DC and Pags should be given a shot. there is young talent on the defense it just needs to be nurtured into an *** kicking bad mother fawker. The offense needs bodies and some more sure hands. But it has been fun, I haven't stirred the pot in a while and thought it was about time.

30. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Everyone who is hating on Rivers is stupid.

He is not THE problem. His play is A problem on a long list. He is still the best player on our team.

Everyone needs to think about that, then look at our record, and hopefully they'll see the bigger picture.

• Like Like x 2