1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Bug? WHy us? WHy always?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Nov 22, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    What is it about this team and injuries? It seems like every year we win the division in spite of more injuries than just about every other team. Manning and colts may have a few injuries but damn we always have tons of injuries and barely ever get credit for winning with them. JUst the last two years think about it. Last year we had like half of our line out at one point and a ton of defensive injuries. This year, everyone on o is out or injuried. I mean how even Crayton is injured now.

Why do we always get injured so often? Is it Something they feed these players? THe field? What? WHy such bad contagious mangina syndrome?

2. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Crayton's wrist bent back real hard when he landed in the end zone. Any word on the severity?

3. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    This has been an issue for a while and the team always has said every NFL team has injuries. This year you cant deny it's a problem beyond what other teams are facing. McMicheal almost went down too at one point.

Guys are not physically prepared but train hard during the week, maybe it's just bad luck.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Hey Woody, where ya been?

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    as much as it pains me to type this,

You gotta give Norv some credit for fielding a competitive team while shuffling 70 different players in and out.

Of course, these injuries are probably his fault anyway. :icon_twisted:

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Its all norvs fault!!

His lack of confidence rubs off on the players and they play tentative and thus they get injured.

Cant we fire him already???

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074

I am still on that bandwagon to fire Norv these slow starts are horrible. Thank god we play in a weak division because anywhere else we were out of it in week 6.

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    According to the medical staff that doubles as sports reporters for the Union-Tribune, Crayton has a dislocated wrist. They aren't sure which one it is, though...

9. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Sheesh, sometimes I wonder. In Judo you never put a hand down in a fall. You tuck and roll. Now I know the hand down drill is effective when falling forward but you will always hurt yourself when falling backward. Stick a limb out and it will get broken. Maybe the Chargers need a Judo class.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Want me to call the waaaaaaambulance? :cool:

Injuries happen. You deal with it or go home.

Frankly, I think our coaches deal with that issue pretty well.

11. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I realize you are being sarcastic in what you said, but I actually think there is something to it. Not the injuries this year, but think back to the opening game last season. The Raiders came into the game jumping around, slapping each other, and looking for someone to hit. The Chargers came out of the tunnel shuffling their feet, looking at the ground, and trying to calculate the least amount of effort needed to get by with a win. One team is fired up, playing through the whistle, and looking to smack somebody while the other is tip toeing around the field trying not to get their uniforms dirty. I only ever played at the high school level and was never a stud, but even I realized it is better to be the hitter than the hittee. The Chargers left that game physically beat up and some of the injuries lingered the entire season.

In my opinion it is up to the coaches to get the team ready to play. If there is no veteran player leadership getting people fired up then someone on the coaching staff needs to do it.

Of course, there is also a lot of bad luck involved in the number of injuries we have had over the last few years. To their credit, AJ and Norv have done a great job of plugging the holes and moving forward.

12. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I hope we can norv and get chucky. Evwn if we win superbowl. How fittin wouldnit be for norv to be the first superbowl winnjng coach to be fired the year he won the sb. We could hire him back as oc though.