1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Injury news

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mapcap55, Oct 19, 2006.

1. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    Chargers | V. Jackson injured during practice Wednesday
    Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:24:45 -0700

San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson (groin) suffered an adductor strain during practice Wednesday, Oct. 18 and is questionable for the Week 7 game.

Chargers | Olivea limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:24:33 -0700

San Diego Chargers OT Shane Olivea (knee) missed team drills Wednesday, Oct. 18 but he is expected to start Week 7. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Chargers | McNeill misses practice Wednesday
    Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:24:29 -0700

San Diego Chargers OT Marcus McNeill (hand) missed practice Wednesday, Oct. 18 but he is expected to play Week 7. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Chargers | Jue limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:22:59 -0700

San Diego Chargers S Bhawoh Jue (knee) missed team drills Wednesday, Oct. 18 and is questionable for the Week 7 game.

Chargers | Olshansky out 3-4 weeks
    Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:22:41 -0700

San Diego Chargers DL Igor Olshansky (knee) is out for three-to-four weeks and will be replaced by DL Jacques Cesaire.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Dang, can we get another bye week please?

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    What the hell is an adductor?

4. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

Look Here

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Walk it off, VJ. Don't give the haters a reason to call you out. Just keep catching TDs.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Stephen Alexander's groin strikes again ?

V J-gina .... is it true ?

7. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Yeah, the offense really needs you VJ !! :bolt:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word!!:tup:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Down boy Down
    Lets see if he plays or not

10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I suffered an adductor strain last night moving a damned couch!

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Not even half way through this season and VJ is saying "ouchy"..... :icon_evil:

Is Eric Parker sniveling ? :icon_shrug:

I call a spade a freaking spade. :bolt:

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Onea your more endearing qualities :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes: :tup: :icon_rofl:

13. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    What is going on with VJ. I didn't see ANY N.Colo. games but in the scouting reports I read after he was drafted it didn't say anything about being injury prone.:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    How many games has VJ not suited up for this year?

Until he starts standing on the sideline in street clothes, I'm not about to label him injury prone.

Listing a lot of players as questionable is old the Parcells/Belichick tactic isn't it?

15. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

Nah, Parcells and Bilichick just don't tell you a damn thing....

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I suspect this dude has a kunt muscle which is being unveiled or pulled. Fuc I hope I am wrong but he is pizzing me off - again.

If he ends up being another Reche Caldwell - he will hear it in the players parking lot......and the AM/PM's and 7-11's the fugger.....:bolt:

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Fuggin' trumpie! You're a madman! He's got more receptions than dropped passes, and I can't recall VJ laying the rock on the sod yet, so I'll stop short of the Reche comparison. Seems a little more like Stephanie Syndrome to me.

BTW I hope I never unleash your wrath on myself...

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Dude
    he has teh player equivalent of a boo-boo
    ***** and moan AFTER he sits out a GAME
    he can sit out every practice for all I care; if he's in the game that's what matters to me

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    When someone puts a microphone in his grill, VJ better be singing the tune "everyone plays with pain in the NFL" or this dude will start to feel the heat. No player is immune. Too much is at stake and players getting pussified ?

Uhhhhh ..... the clock is ticking or he can get the fuc out as well. :bolt:

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Will you please stop taking someone being held out of practice to someone being a puss? If you have an injury then you'd like to rest it so you can put it to good use when it counts and play through the pain when it matters. No need to bust your *** and make things worse in practice. McNeil is being held out of practice but he plays each game and is a beast; you wanna call him a puss too? Don't let last year color your glasses. If he doesn't play sunday you can claim he's becoming a puss. Until then, dude, mellow out/

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    He has missed games last year and this preseason when he needs to be on the field.

Will you stop being an apologist for the league of pusssies ?

Did you apologize for Reche as well when he broke his wrist and then it was something else and then something else.....How about Timmy Dwight ?

Enough of the bullshiit.

How often does Parker, who does double duty, end up being pussified on the sidelines ?

Freaking McNeill has two broken hands for christs sakes yet .... ahhhhh fuggit......:tdown:

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Rant noted

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    How many times has Malcolm Floyd showed up gimp ? :icon_shrug:

Eveyone gets a three year pass to prove their **** and we are half way through the evaluation period.

Anteater should know this as well since he has college Mid-Terms being showed up his asss and the NFL is not much different. :bolt:

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,889
    An achilles heel, because football players do need to RUN, is something that will take you out for a long while. Parker was often injured to begin with because he was so damn suicidial, did you call him a puss man? Same goes with McNeil when he injured his hand and was out the first preseason he started.I didn't defend Alexander because he was a ***** and i did note Dwight was injured too often for any benefit. Why? THEY HAD HISTORY. You can't have a history in two years with one year mostly injured and being banged up a bit BUT STILL PLAYING IN THE GAMES. There's too little information on VJ's history to truly make a claim.

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey you better wake up because in this league you have 3 if not 4 years to make your claims.

After this season is over, 50% if not more of the allotted time has passed for you to **** or get off the pot and make your assessments.

Oh shall we wait for more history to be established ?

Seem ludicrous to not have midterms right about now on VJ's draft class - VJ included.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    OK, I give him a passing grade.

27. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I didn't even know I had an adductor. :icon_eek:

28. MacBolty

MacBolty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I don't have all the clout on these boards that alot of you OG posters do. I am new, in fact, just found out about this site in San Fran at the game tailgate. But I think it's time for me to get my two cents in on this one.

Though VJ was hurt last year, when he has played he is a talent that we definately need. It's not like we have a plethera of wide outs. Plus, he's big and strong and isn't afraid to go up and get the ball. Not to mention, he's a Bolt, let's not kick him under the ****in bus until we KNOW that he doesn't give his heart, soul, and blood for the team we all like well enough to waste our work day posting on boards and reading injury reports.

Anyways, I'm out. I hope I didn't piss everybody off, and if I did then I'll deal with it.

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Don't worry about pisssing anyone off. I do it alot but not intentionally. :no:

Well sometimes it is intentional :icon_mrgreen:

30. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I am still coming around to Jackson. Injuries don't bother me too much but I will never tolerate the primadonna pansy crap that comes from TO and Moss and all the rest of those sissies:tdown: