1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Report

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Hardwick’s progress

Center Nick Hardwick[​IMG] was limited in practice again Thursday, although Turner called him a “long shot” to return to game action Sunday. Hardwick hasn’t played since injuring his ankle in the team’s regular-season opener.

Hardwick is anxious to return, but says he’ll be smart about things and make sure he’s physically ready.

“You have to be able to perform, you have to be able to perform at a high level and you just have to be honest with yourself,” Hardwick said. “If you can do it, you can do it, and I should do it because that’s what I’m paid to do. If I can’t then I have to suck up my pride and wait.”

Other injuries

Linebacker Kevin Burnett[​IMG] was limited in Thursday’s practice, the first time he’s been on the field since suffering an ankle injury against the Broncos in Week 6. Tight end Antonio Gates[​IMG] (foot) and safety Steve Gregory[​IMG] (ankle) fully participated after being limited Wednesday, while linebacker Tim Dobbins[​IMG] (knee) and defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo[​IMG] (ankle) did not participate Thursday.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Stay out, Nick. We need you at 100% - both physically & mentally.

Dobbins hurts. Please start SILER!!!!!

Hope Oggie can go. Fresh legs on the DL are a must.

3. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hardwick out

Center Nick Hardwick (ankle) will wait at least another week to make his return to the lineup as he’s listed as out. It was expected that Hardwick would miss eight weeks after having ankle surgery, and his operation was performed almost seven weeks ago.
    “I think he’s on schedule,” Turner said. “Because a guy starts to practice, I think everyone assumes that he may be closer than you would assume. I’m glad to see that he’s able to go out and do more, but it’s not a deal where we can rush him. When he’s ready, he’ll be ready.”
    Linebacker Tim Dobbins[​IMG] (knee) is doubtful for Sunday’s game at Giants Stadium, while linebacker Kevin Burnett[​IMG] (ankle) and defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo[​IMG] (ankle) both missed Friday’s practice and are questionable.

Linebacker Shawne Merriman[​IMG] also sat out of Friday’s drills with a foot injury but is probable.

Siler to start

Brandon Siler[​IMG] has been one of the Chargers’ top special teams performers throughout his three years with the club, and according to Turner, Siler will make his first start Sunday against the Giants.
    “Brandon is a good football player,” Turner said. “He’s very attentive. He understands what he needs to do. He understands his strengths and weaknesses and plays to them extremely well.”
    Siler is tied for the team lead in special teams tackles and saw his most significant action of his career on defense last week against the Raiders.

Use Ticketmaster

The Chargers-Giants matchup is the second-most-sought-after ticket on the “NFL Ticket Exchange Buzz Index” for Week 9, according to the NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster.
    The NFL Ticket Exchange is the official ticket exchange of the NFL and the only resale marketplace backed by Ticketmaster’s Barcode Authentication Technology for guaranteed game-day tickets.
    According to Ticketmaster, the hottest game this weekend and thus the toughest ticket is the Steelers-Broncos game on Monday night in Denver.
    Fans can access the NFL Ticket Exchange at NFL.com/ticketexchange or through direct links from NFL.com or Ticketmaster.com. Fans benefit from using the only NFL ticket resale marketplace with the exclusive ability to offer ticket barcode validation for most tickets, interactive seating maps allowing fans the ability to search for tickets by location, price, and number of tickets, and secure and anonymous transactions.
    Only tickets purchased directly from your NFL team’s ticket office, Ticketmaster or the NFL Ticket Exchange www.nfl.com/ticketexchange are barcode validated to give you guaranteed access into the game. Fans that choose to purchase tickets from third party online exchanges, auction sites, bulletin boards or individuals should be cautious.

4. LIGHTS

LIGHTS BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Glad Siler is getting the nod. But Im anxious for Burnett's return.

I was a bit shocked when I heard that Hardwick had a shot of suiting up Sunday, but Im glad he'll probably wait some more. We're gonna need him down the stretch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thank gawd it's Cooper/Siler & not Cooper/Burnett. :tup:

At least now we have a chance at stopping Jacobs.

Stack the box & make She-li beat us, RR. If we do that, I see at least 2 INT's for our DB's.

Time for Cro to have a breakout day. :icon_evil: