1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Injury update

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Linebacker Jyles Tucker left Sunday’s game with a hamstring injury and didn’t return. He will likely miss at least some practice time this week, as will guard Mike Goff, who underwent tests on his strained knee Monday.

Tucker and Goff were the only two players Turner mentioned Monday, but the coach also said that several of his guys were sore after the typical bumps and bruises that go along with a physical game like the one his team played Sunday.

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson said his right toe felt good Monday and he expects a full week of practice this week. He’s missed at least one day in each of the last three weeks.

Rivers had his throwing shoulder wrapped in ice Monday but said it was just sore after the shoulder took one of the many hard hits he absorbed Sunday.

Right guard Mike Goff has started 99 straight games, including the postseason. He has not missed a game since the middle of 2002, two years before he joined the Chargers.
    “Streaks are made to be broken,” Goff said Monday as he walked somewhat cumbersomely from the Chargers' facility with a knee strained in the fourth quarter Sunday.
    Goff was being coy. If history is a guide – he played through pretty severe injuries the past two seasons – he will likely be well enough by Sunday.
    “It's something I take pride in,” he said of playing every week. “We'll take it day to day.”

2. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Wonder if Newberry, Shelton or Eyechart gets the start if Goff can't go?

3. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I say Newberry since he has had some game experiance on the inside this year.

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Could be both depending on the situation. I've been curious about how Shelton would look at Guard. Newberry can definitely handle the position. Rotating them a bit will keep that side of the line fresher.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Gates
    Goff
    Tolbert
    Tucker
    Williams

Did not practice today.

6. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Wow. We really need a solid backup for Big J.

It seems like they're not keeping him out of practice for an accute injury but rather to baby him so his body doesn't give out by the end of the season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as Jamal Williams goes so go the Chargers. :unsure:

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    It will read the same tomorrow,too. :yes:

All of them will play on Sunday.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Maybe, but I'm tired of it.

9. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

I would get used to big Jamal sitting out a couple of days a week every week just to keep him fresh.

I was glad to see him finally regain his dominant form this past Sunday. I agree that he is the bell weather of that defense. I don't think he needs to practice everyday to get prepared. All that will do his wear him down.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Agreed, but it's obvious we rested him too much before the season.

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers injury report

October 2, 2008 7:26 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

In San Diego, Jyles Tucker missed his second straight day of practice with a hamstring injury and it is looking like he may not be able to play. Tucker is the replacement for Shawne Merriman at outside linebacker. His backup is Marques Harris.

Fullback Mike Tolbert was limited with an ankle injury. Defensive tackle Jamal Williams was limited Thursday after not practicing Wednesday. He has a lingering knee injury that requires him to rest often during the practice week. Tight end Antonio Gates and guard Mike Goff practiced fully Thursday after sitting out Wednesday with injuries.