1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

INJURY UPDATE

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Jan 13, 2008.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Please post all injury updates in this thread. Thanks

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I saw from ESPN that LT and Rivers have bruised knees

3. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I really don't know why Rivers could not return with a bruised knee. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Thats not accurate. I saw LT mouth to Cooper on the sideline that he hyperextended his so id say both have sprains which means Rivers has TWO sprained knees :icon_eek:

He may not be able to go...LT either but at least we have Turner.

BTW..i already started a thread for this but oh well

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I think Norv told Billy, you move the fuking ball or else.

He figured he could rest PR as long as Billy didn't fuk up

:tup::tup::tup:

6. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Billy looked like a deer in the headlights. He had one pass.

7. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    ANy news????

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that River's said he could've played in that last drive, but norv decided not to push it. Good sign for him to be back... any news on LT?

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    LT was riding the bike most of the game, I don't see how his injury could be all that bad.

Rivers was running around shortly after he came back from the locker room, I really don't see how his could be all that bad either.

If either are out for the next game I obviously know nothing about knee injuries.

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Yeah I read that Rivers said he was ready to go back in but didn't want to disturb the momentum and interrupt Billy........ Kinda find that hard to believe but.

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    3 for 4 .. 48 yards .. 1 rushing TD ..

"deer in the headlights" ?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    3-4 48 yrds. Moved well in the pocket. Made a play on 3rd when we needed to drive down for the winning score. Very nice pass to Chambers on 3rd.

I didn't see any deers. He stepped up to the plate and made plays cold off the bench.

Give the guy a bit of credit.

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Well, Rivers said by the time he felt ready to return, Volek was moving the ball and he did not want to screw up Billy's momentum. After that, our offense consisted of three hand off plays. No reason for Rivers to return for that.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Nothing will be released on these guys until gameday. It'll be smokescreen city right up until kickoff. But Belichick will prepare his guys for our starters because he knows better. Both of these guys are playing this week. LoNeal may even get back.

This is gonna be one fun week watching the misinformation fly back and forth between the two coasts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard this as well, and find it really odd. I can't believe that Rivers was okay to go but said "ah, they're moving it, I don't want to mess up the rhythm." Can you see any great quarterback saying "I'm okay, but things seem to be going okay without me, I'll just watch"? Are Chargers' fans okay with this?

15. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    You just said, what legal hiding in NFL is about. questionabel, probable what counts is enemy desinformation.
    Turner and Sproles and Volek to Chambers gave to cherry onto the cake yesterday.

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    • Like Like x 1
  17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Rivers is blowing smoke with that comment. I'm sure the x-rays showed something that the staff felt they need to gather more info on... so they held him out. LT walked up to him and asked him: "Are you ok?" and Philip said: "yeah..." and then LT walked away piissed off. I think he felt like Philip should be in there, but I don't think it was Rivers' decision to make.

The kid would not choose to sit on the sidelines during this game. NO WAY... NO FREAKIN' WAY. :no:

18. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Lately, the most beautifull play in football is the dominating Volek hand off to Turner or Sproles.

19. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    FROM ACEE:
    Question
    WOW !!! thats all i can say about RIVERS yes i'm the same charger fan thats been rivers hating all year ,but on sunday i have to admit he was inhuman and he played the game of his life.hopefully he can play another perfect game on sunday VS new england and take CHARGER NATION TO THE PROMISED LAND!!!do you think we'll have all our regular starters that missed sundays game back against the patsies?
    Daniel / Seeley

Answer
    At this point, I think everyone but Gates will play.

------

GOOD SIGN!!

:abq1::abq2::abq1::abq2:

:icon_party:

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Pulling out a QB in the middle of a drive for a gimpy QB seems like a bad idea to me. I don't have a problem with it. Rivers is an absolute gamer who will do whatever is best for the team. The coaches and trainers made the decision about Volek playing. I have absolutely no problem with it. With the game Rivers had and the way Volek led the winning drive, all of Rivers' critics should really take a step back and STFU.

The only people that would criticize Rivers over this are those who are desperately seeking a reason to criticize him.

21. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    As a Charger fan I am OK with it because we won. That is why you play. Right?

Stupid question by the way.

22. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a stupid question to ask how the fans of a team react to their quarterback keeping himself out of the game? Okay, if you say so.

23. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I can understand if he came back and it was in the middle of that drive. We are talking about 8 plays... in reality it's one drive. If the mojo's working, and we are pushing up the field, and you are tweaked. I can see why they left the players as is.

That being said, it does sound a bit like a smoke screen to me. But hey, maybe the whole story is just River's way of saying "I'll be back next week, don't worry"

Either way, I praying for good news. I just hope we don't do what the jags did and play prevent defense the whole game. We need sack the motherf*ckers.

24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I think it was more like this.

LT: Hey you good to go?
    Rivers: No, Med Staff is holding me out.
    LT: ****.

25. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Yes, just because someone "can" go doesn't mean it's the best thing for the team or the individual. If needed he would have been in legless.

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yup, Bellicheat will get it all on tape.....:lol:

27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Just heard on the radio, LT has a hyper-extended knee, that's the result of the MRI. Did anyone think anything different was going to show up? That's pretty general if you ask me.

LT "hopes to be able to play."

He'll play.

28. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Here is the link on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3196314

29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Rivers is day to day, Turner says there is a chance he will play....

Not good. I think we need a healthy Rivers more than a healthy LT. (Which does not imply I feel we dont need LT!)

30. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

I really like the analysis by Merrill hodge on tihs page. I think it is spot on that what you need to keep up with the Pats the Chargers have. Sorry, not on topic, but if you are going to that link, check out the video clip.