1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Inside sources predict.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by !~BOLT~!, Oct 4, 2010.

1. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Don't know who these inside sources are (who are you, Hacksaw?), but it does not make alot of sense. We are thin at OLB, not ILB.

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Do you really think Minnesota will deal with us? Do we have to package a deal with VJ?

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,738
    Unless that package has an 18-pack of Keystone Light and a bag of chips included to keep VJ quiet on his flight to MN, why not throw in a player or two and a couple of draft picks too... Hell, throw in a chassis for a 66 Chevy Bel-Air while you're at it...

Pointy

5. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    as long as the chassis is straight and not bent or tweaked

6. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    A friend of mine in Minneapolis called me last night, this guy is dating his sister. He was at the airport heading to indy when his agent called and directed him to San Diego. I thought he was an olb so it made perfect sense to me, not that I have ever heard of the guy just figured I'd share.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Triplett is a big, strong inside linebacker who started for only one season in college. He was very productive in 2009, but his athleticism and lack of experience is a concern at the next level. He is best between the tackles attacking the line of scrimmage. He doesn't have great quickness, speed or range inside-out to the ball. Triplett is inconsistent leveraging the ball in space, and the further away from the line of scrimmage he is, the less effective he becomes. He is an effective inside run blitzer, providing power to push the pocket, but he is a liability as a man-coverage defender. Triplett was a good college football player in 2009, but athletic limitations might relegate him to a backup roll in the NFL.

Does not have the speed and lateral agility to consistently make plays outside the tackle box and stick in coverage. Struggles to locate the ball and takes too many false steps in pursuit. Lacks a strong punch and the hand technique to quickly shed blocks. Fails to deliver good shots tackling and does not always wrap.

sweet! bring him in!!

8. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I rather have Ben Leber back in Bolt Blue

9. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    This guy isn't even on their depth chart!!

10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    So would I

11. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    So would I after reading his bio. Like I said, I got a phone call, figured I'd share. Haven't heard word yet but with a bio like that I wonder if we even would hear.

12. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Sept. 4, 2010

Vikings waived WR Taye Biddle, WR Marquis Hamilton, DB Colt Anderson, OT Patrick Brown, and LB Nate Triplett.

Nate Triplett

So, I guess if he's available. why not.

13. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Must give big props on the inside and accurate information. That was an impressive and early scoop you gave us, even if he is a practice squad guy.

Thanks alot for giving us the early insight.

14. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    No problem Skuzz, just doing my part.

15. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    very cool ---

SAN DIEGO – The Chargers signed outside linebacker Cyril Obiozor (SEER-uhl OH-bee-AH-zer) from the Arizona Cardinals practice squad and re-signed cornerback Dante Hughes on Tuesday. The team also placed linebacker Jyles Tucker on Reserve-Injured.

Obiozor, 6-foot-4, 249 pounds, played in five games for Green Bay last season, primarily on special teams, after transitioning to outside linebacker out of college. The Arizona Cardinals claimed him off waivers in September. He was inactive for their first game this season, played in their second and spent the last two weeks on the Cardinals’ practice squad.

Hughes has spent most of the last two seasons on the Chargers’ 53-man roster but has played in just one game.

San Diego placed Tucker (chest) on IR for the second consecutive season. He played in seven games last year before an ankle injury ended his year prematurely.

Tucker joins linebackers Donald Butler (Achilles) and James Holt (shoulder) on Reserve-Injured. Larry English (foot) and Shawne Merriman (calf) also missed Sunday’s game against Arizona.

The Chargers signed rookie linebacker Nate Triplett to the practice squad as well.

Triplett, 6-foot-3, 247 pounds, was a fifth-round pick by the Minnesota Vikings in 2010. He made 105 tackles as a senior for the University of Minnesota at middle linebacker, his only year as a full-time starter, after earning his reputation as a special teams ace for the Golden Gophers. The Vikings released Triplett after training camp.

:tup:

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Damn, sorry I compared you to Hacksaw. Unlike him, you really did have inside information. Nice.

17. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    No big deal. hopefully this guy was brought in to sure up special teams based on his reputation.