1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Inside the NFL sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I recorded HBO's inside the NFL this week and just finished watching it. It starts out with a big deal about this being the 30th season of the show. They showed show highlights from the early days. Len Dawson, Nick Bounicontti. That's when this was a good show. They brag about how it's the longest running show on cable.

Then Costas goes on about how they are tweaking the show this season. I think if the show was truly as good as they were making it out to be, it wouldn't need any tweaking. But, Costas goes on to say that the football segments are going to be more in depth and longer on their feature games, so they won't be able to cover all the games. They haven't been covering all the games for years now, so I know this has to be bad.

But I continue to watch because I think there is no way they don't show any highlights from the Charger game with the amazing performance they had against the Raiders. Guess what? Well they sure talked about the Mannings, and how Bill Cohwer's daughter watches Steelers games from a luxury box and whines about the game. But they did not even mention the Chargers once on the show, let alone show any highlights.

This is a disgrace. Bob Costas has come out anti San Diego before. Not just anti Chargers, but anti San Diego in general. He’s made disparaging comments about the Padres and I’m sure most of you know about his “Keep it classy San Diego” comment he made last season on this show which was a direct insult aimed at our city.

Bob Costas is a buffoon that enjoys spitting in the face of the San Diego sports fan. Figuratively of course. Dan Marino was a great football player. I was a fan of his when he played, but now he adds nothing to the show. Listen to him. He starts every other sentence with, “when I played…” Cris Collinsworth is a pompous ***. I can not think of another person on TV that is that full of himself. Cris Carter is the only person on that show that seems to know what he’s talking about. I’m surprised they haven’t replaced him with Michael Irving so they could have four complete idiots on that show.

I don’t know why I even bothered to give that show another chance. This show is about stoking a few guys’ egos and really has nothing for a real football fan.

A will freely admit that I’m an amateur at picking games compared to some people on this forum, but I still write a weekly picks column. I compare my picks to the HBO guys for a reason. Just to show how bad they really are. I will bet anyone that at seasons end, I will have a better record then all of them with my picks. So who want to take that action?

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I agree.

I think Bob Costas is turning it into a twin of his other HBO Show, "Inside Sports".

From now on, I'm watching only ESPN NFL Primetime and NFL Network's GameDay/Total Access shows for the highlights.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Here's a more detailed review of why the 30th season of INFL sucks I wrote earlier today at another forum.

1.) They no longer show ALL the game highlights, instead cherry picking only 6 or 8 games. Notably, they omitted ALL three shutouts by the Chargers, Ravens, and Bears. Didn't even mention any of those teams. Plus, they omitted the 49ers-Cards game, which for football itself, was one of the best games of the weekend.

2.) They have too many fluff pieces that replace the highlights. For example, the most recent episode dedicated 15 minutes to a story about Bill Cowher's family and focused on his eldest daughter Meagan. The only good thing was the Jake Plummer / Pat Tillman story but even then, there was nothing new that hadn't been said in other pieces the past 2 or 3 years.

3.) They no longer go into the upcoming games picks in detail, nor do they do all of them in the broadcast. They only do picks for about 6 games. For the rest, you'll have to go to their website.

4.) Comics' pieces from Wanda Sykes and Jack Black. While I like these two comics immensely, they really don't have much place on a show like INFL. Let them return to Comedy Central.

While I generally like Bob Costas, I blame him for trying to turn INFL into a football-only version of his other HBO shows "Costas Now", "Later with Bob Costas", and "On the Record".

If any of you remember INFL's best seasons from 6 to 8 years ago, that's what it needs to return to. Highlights of EVERY game with the authoritative voiceover from (John Facenda?).

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    Face it, the only one worth a dam on the show is Collinsworth, and Costas keeps him silent.

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I had recorded the show and was preparing to dump it to DVD for archival purposes.

Fugg that. Instead, I now record COX4SanDiego's weekly Chargers Preview show hosted by Billy Ray.

30 minutes of nothing but Chargers Talk! :icon_banana:

Yesterday's episode he interviewed Marlon McCree and Mike Goff, as well as having an indepth highlight review of the Chargers-Raiders game, with sideline action and talk during the game. :tup:

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Just my opinion here it is becoming to much the Metrosexual Inside the NFL home and garden show.

Not the original Inside the NFL show which I liked but not anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Gotta agree with you guys on this. It's been several years since I had HBO and watched that crap show, but it was getting horrible back then and I can only imagine how much it stinks now. Fifteen minutes devoted to Cowher's family and daughter????? WTF????

Yeah, it was great back when Len Dawson and Nick B. did it. Nothing but hilights and football talk.

It really makes you wonder what sort of idiots are running this world. How do you put on a high light show and then NOT show high lights?

Therefore, I don't watch it.

8. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    The show was already in decline. These new changes just kill it. I will keep HBO for shows like Sopranos, Deadwood, etc....but screw thier NFL show.

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    The whole NFL is become increasingly wussified and the networks are doing everything they can to pinch every last dollar from football fans. "Metrosexual" is a perfect term to describe where football is headed. No one wants to keep it simple and just talk football any more. It's all about the ongoing soap-opera and the lifestyle of NFL players, the glitz and the glamour, and it's no longer about blood-and-guts football. It used to be that NFL was the pasttime of the blue-collar American. But it's becoming more-and-more white-collar all the time, and Bob Costas hosting INFL is just another example of the NFL trying to appeal to the affluent, wine-sipping segment of the country. And why not? They're the ones who can afford to spend thousands of dollars a year on season tickets, merchandise, direct-tv and big-screen TVs with surround sound, and put on mascara on the weekends and make total dorks of themselves on national TV. NFL went corporate quite awhile ago.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Nobody can keep Collinsworth silent. That idiot doesn't know when to shut up. He does color commentary for one of the networks, so you'd think he knows what he's talking about, but most of the time he just pulls stuff out of his as$. Marino just looks lost. Cris Carter is the only on on that show that seems to have a clue about what talks about.

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's what I'm talking about. They new their **** and talked real football. So what if their set was a folding table with a sheet over it. We got to see ALL of the highlights and here some GREAT football talk.

12. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Do networks actually have a clue? I mean, as soon as Dennis Miller became the color guy on Monday Night Football, you knew the networks had lost sight of what's important in a broadcast. Now we're losing all the weeklong NFL shows we used to love. The fact that ESPN can't show highlights on gameday is just nauseating.

13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    My thought on it is that it is going to much Politically Correct and not wanting to offend anyone anymore with a fair assesment of games and not who got hit the hardest or bled the most anymore.

It is too Frilly and Lacey to say the least.

Not hard hitting and and all the Gore.

14. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    I was thinking the same thing watching it last night. The show just sucks. I mean who the hell wants to watch a 10 minute segement abotu Bill Cowers daughter watching the game? The changes are soooo.. stupid.

If they don't switch it back to the old format, I'm ever watching Inside the NFL again. :icon_evil:

Remember the old ABC Monday night games when they used to show highlights during half time? That was the best. :yes:

15. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    All the Lady Bolts here are not going to like me for this but I think that Inside the NFL show is becoming to much of a feminized Estrogen driven show instead of a Testosterone driven show and needs to get back to the testosterone kind of show.

16. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    All of media has become feminized.

17. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Dam a dont ge tchannel 4:no:

18. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Political correctness has gone out of control and needs to stop because and before to long we might not be able to say the word Blitz or Touchdown because it might be too offensive and we might have to say instead of blitz we will have to say something like this:
    A passer is being handled in a manner that has force from another person to create a putting down to the ground with the passer from the other person.

I think it is just a lot of insanity and that it has to stop and is my opinion.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I haven't watched that show in years.

Lenny and Nick kicked ***, since then MEH. I really could care less about any of those guys, although I do like Cris Carter since he always picks us to win the ACF West :D

20. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Inside the NFL sucks!!:tdown: :tdown:

They forgot to even Mention ESPN Player of the week Shawne Merrimen:icon_shrug: :icon_shrug:

Whats going on guys:tdown:

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The program should be Mansker'd :foley53: :bolt: :foley53:

• Like Like x 1
  22. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Another good show for Chargers info is FOX6's Chargers Power Report hosted by Billy Ray and CS Keys.

CS Keys is a Raider fan and it was great seeing him try to get through this week's telecast. :lol:

On this week's show they interviewed Shaun Phillips.

:tup:

23. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I despise CS I have gas Keys because he just loves the Raiders and he hates to say anything nice about the Chargers.

:icon_evil: CS just needs to go back to the Cell Block that is Raider cell block nation and get a job being Bubbas friend.:icon_evil: