1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Interactive Mock 2.0 - San Deigo is OTC

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DFlo, Apr 13, 2011.

1. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, we are running the Interactive Mock again due to popular demand. The fan forums of each NFL team get to vote for who their team should pick.

Last time Chargers fans chose Cameron Jordan and 32 people voted total.

You can cast your vote for who you want your team to pick this time around here:

Interactive Mock 2.0

And if you explain why with a brief short description, I will pick the best one and publish it along with the pick!

*For mods: This is not spam. I am just trying to get the right fans to vote for their respective team. We have done this already with most NFL team forums and have not had any issues. If you have any problems, please let me know.

2. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys certainly are quiet!

Kerrigan leads with 14, Smith in 2nd with 9, and Castonzo is 3rd with 6.

You can keep voting, the poll will stay up until tomorrow morning and I will have the results ready tomorrow morning.

Also, would anyone like to do a brief 3-sentence write up on Ryan Kerrigan that I could post as the descriptions?

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,406
    Would it be possible to correct the spelling on San Diego?....... Thanks in advance. ;)

4. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, my mistake. Doing this in the mornings has its 'challenges' :)

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Surprised you didn't add Muhammad Wilkerson to that list over Torrey Smith or Jon Baldwin, both clear 2nd rounders
    That's the draft situation I pray the Chargers don't end up in, worst case scenario

6. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    My bad, seems like I am a little slow with the Muhammad Wilkerson bandwagon. That's two teams in a row that complained about the omission.
    Anyways, the pick is in, your results are updated. You can see who your team selected here:

Interactive Mock 2.0 Results

Check out the comments I made about your team in the On the Clock section.

And feel free to bookmark that page and continue voting daily. We will do one team every day.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    I wouldn't be happy if that's how it turned out but outside of Wilkerson (who I'd pick over Kerrigan) that's making lemonade (or lemony water) out of lemons, best you could hope for outside of a trade down

8. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    That's pretty much summing up the vibe I've been getting from Chargers fans regarding their pick in that particular situation.

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Its absolutely clear the Chargers want a DE and there's a gargantuan drop off from first round DEs (Dareus to Heyward) to everyone else. So if Watt and Jordan are off the board, the Chargers will likely be forced to either reach on Wilkerson/Heyward or trade down with someone (if there's a desire for a team to jump up to get their pick of offensive tackles) and hope a good DE is still on the board. Kerrigan/Smith/Ayers would be filling a lesser need with a first round pick, and frankly at that point I'd be seriously debating just trading down and using the first on Gabe Carimi or another RT.