1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interactive Mock Draft is Complete

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DFlo, Mar 25, 2011.

1. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, if you remember this from a while ago some of you voted for who your team should take in the Interactive Mock Draft. Well the first round is now complete.

You can check out a little summary of the results here:

Interactive Mock Draft

Click on the results tab to see who each team took and how the first round played out.

Also, I'm going to be running a new Interactive Mock starting Sunday, so feel free to bookmark the page and get ready to vote again if you are interested.

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    If the first 17 picks went that way, i PRAY AJ trades out of the spot

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Cam Jordan is a great pick for 3-4 DE. in a perfect world- AJ will move up ahead the patriots and steal Watt from them :)

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    In a perfect world, AJ smith would move back because we have a ton of holes, a complete lack of depth across the board, and we can't afford to move up. A lot of the reason our special teams were so bad is the lack of quality players. Most teams make up their special teams with mid-late round picks. We make ours up with undrafted players who are lost on the field

5. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    if AJ moves up, he and Norv should be sh** canned for winning the last game, only to move down in the draft then to give up picks to move back up:mad::mad:

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    yeah, with sooo many holes it's no wonder this team finishes last in it's division/conference year after year

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Who said they finish last? Do you deny they have a lot of holes and a lack of depth across the board? If so, you are delusional. Until teams are able to sign free agents, this team has a complete lack of starters and/or depth at nearly every position on the field, and with AJ's near absolute refusal to sign free agents, it is hard to just assume these holes will get filled

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    So, you're saying they should be fired for winning a game?

9. DFlo

DFlo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice

FYI, for those of you interested, Interactive Mock 2.0 is officially live and the Panthers are OTC.

You guys will be OTC in a few days, but in the meantime feel free to bookmark the page and vote daily for all the teams!

Also, if anyone is interested in providing some commentary and write about the team picks, let me know!

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I got destroyed for saying we should have thrown the last game, but I agree with you. We'd be picking at 15 or 16 right now, which is a lot better than at 18 with the flakey Patriots sitting right in front of you.

If the Chiefs want to steal someone from us it'd be easy as their GM is butt buddies with Bellichick.

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Who exactly are the Chiefs going to steal from us? Our needs are almost opposites of theirs - I realize someone's going to argue LB's, but they need an OLB far, far more than we do whereas we need ILB far, far more than they do. Otherwise, KC has pressing needs at NT, C, (QB, though they won't address it), WR, OLB, and possibly RT (much more minor need compared to the other 4). There's not quite the mirror image of our needs. If anything, we're HELPED by the Pats trading down with a team like Kansas City because they're less likely to take a player that could be of use to us (Belichick doesn't draft 1st round OLB's, they're likely going DL and OL if they do end up making two 1st round selections).

Also, other than the Matt Cassel trade - exactly how many KC/NE trades have you seen that I'm missing? Typically people overestimate the ties to previous organizations creating trade partners scenarios; main reason they don't happen as often as people think is because both sides tend to be targeting very similar players so the team trading back has to seriously question whether if they trade back figuring to target "their guy" later one that "their guy" might be the same guy their 'friends' are trading up to select.