1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting from UT writer

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pgreenbe305, Nov 12, 2007.

1. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2007
    By Kevin Acee

November 12, 2007
    Philip Rivers was booed again when his face was shown on the giant video board in the fourth quarter.

AdvertisementHe could not argue with the fans' logic – not after a game in which his passer rating was the second-lowest of his career and the offense managed just 10 points for the second straight week.
    “I'm not happy with my play,” Rivers said. “We got a win, and you can always build on that. This is a game-to-game deal. We're working to get better. I'm going to keep working to get better.”

The Chargers drove a total of 62 yards for their two scores – 45 yards en route to a 4-yard touchdown run and 17 yards to set up Nate Kaeding's 33-yard field goal.

They did not score in the second half, their fourth scoreless half this season and sixth half in which they have scored three or fewer points.

“It's embarrassing,” fullback Lorenzo Neal said. “The defense and special teams played like that, and we get zero points in the second half. We've got to tighten the ship. We'll turn this around, but we've got a lot of work to do.”

Rivers was 13-for-24 for 104 yards with two interceptions and a passer rating of 30.6.

His biggest gaffe was a fourth-quarter fumble of a slippery ball at the goal line that gave the Colts a touchdown. That was his league-leading 10th fumble of the season.

But he was by no means alone in his struggles. His second interception went through Antonio Gates' hands, not the only drop of the night. The offense was also penalized at crucial times.

“We've got to get better,” Neal said. “We have too much talent to be fooling around on offense like this.”

What sucks about this, is that I know he's trying to get better, I just wish it would happen. I really like PR as a person, and as a player, but "nice guys finish last," and I hope that's not what happens with the kid!
  2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Sep 5, 2007
    Acee is usually spot-on. His mailbag is a great insight into how things with the team are going.