1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Minor Bowl Match-ups

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Jan 19, 2008
    ...A couple of minor bowl match-ups that I personally think will be fun to watch are...

Chick-Fil-A Bowl... Georgia Tech vs. LSU 12/31. It's amazing how far last year's NCAA champs have fallen. They lost 5 out of their last 8 games, with their only wins coming against Tulane, Troy and S. Carolina. Georgia Tech and their triple option attack just put up over 400 yards rushing against 2 supposed superior and fast defenses Miami and Georgia. I've always loved watching a precision triple option running machine. I don't think Les Miles and LSU will. :no:

GMAC Bowl...Ball State vs. Tulsa 1/6. This should be a complete shootout and a joy to watch. Tulsa runs a fast break offense that literally runs to the line of scrimmage to discourage substitutions and ultimately wear down defenses. Ball State isn't as prolific but not exactly minced meat on offense either. This one should be fun. :yes: