1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Mock Draft from PFW

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 25, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/editorsmock.htm

30. San Diego (Trent Modglin) — Florida S Reggie Nelson: I was crushed when Texas S Michael Griffin surprisingly went a pick earlier to Baltimore, but also pleasantly surprised that an athlete with Nelson’s speed and playmaking abilities was available here. If he doesn’t have any trouble learning the system, he should team with Marlon McCree and a talented trio of corners to make up one of the league’s better secondaries.

43. (Trade) San Diego from Buffalo (Trent Modglin) — LSU WR Craig Davis: My trade of coveted backup RB Michael Turner to Buffalo at this point in the draft nets the Chargers the 43rd and 73rd picks from the Bills. Dwayne Jarrett was awfully enticing here, but the Chargers need more speed for a lean WR corps, and Davis has plenty. I considered trading up earlier in Round One for Ohio State’s Anthony Gonzalez, as well.

48. (Trade) San Diego from Jacksonville (Trent Modglin) — Auburn RB Kenny Irons: Blessed with a plethora of first-day picks, the Chargers deal the 62nd and 93rd choices to the Jaguars and grab Irons, who has good run instincts and a physical style, to serve as L.T.’s new backup.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    How much you wanna bet NONE of that happens?

3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Why would baltimore take a S in the 1st?

Ed reed is the best in the NFL and Dawan Landy (Lerons brother) was one of the best defensive rookies in the NFL last year and started all 16 games??

4. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Given what was on the board, I'd take Joe Staley in the first round.

I also wouldn't trade up for Kenny Irons, and I like WA St WR Hill, USC WR Smith, and E. Carolina WR Allison more than Davis.

RB/FB Brian Leonard isn't going in the first round.

5. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Everybody (else) seems to think the Ravens need an OLB, but I've got them down needing an OG, and OT (to start grooming for Ogden), a CB (father time v/s Rolle) and possibly a Fullback... It would be insane with that many needs to take a Safety in the 1st IMO....:tdown:

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahaha exactly lol

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :icon_rofl: X100

Me thinks that MTL is hitting the vodka again... :lol: ;)

8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    How is this racist? If anything Phil Savage is the racist. Dude could pull a reverse Michael Jackson any day now.

And go type "human skin color" in wikipedia and look at the chart to see how "black" and "very black" differs. This is science man involving the geographic region in which one's ancestors evolved.

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    He lives in Canada and has never actually seen a black person other than on TV. :lol:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    and me being a republican, if i said anything REMOTELY like that you'd be screaming your head off that I was a racist you wanna be Don Imus!

11. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :lol: :lol:

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Hugo Chavez says FU

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    I was raised in the hard streets of DG, motherf*cka!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wlFFQ5BX_p4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wlFFQ5BX_p4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Diego Garcia ???

15. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Funny guys..

Quit with the Race card, only if your black can you pull that... even though I think its pulled way too much.

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    My thoughts exactly. Reggie Nelson isn't getting past pick 17. The Jags are salivating over this guy. Also, this trade senerio is very unlikely, no, let me call it ridiculous.

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    MTL isn't a racist, he an attention seeking **** stirrer, and you give him exacly what he wants.

18. getfresh

getfresh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    In the mock draft linked above this one, billed as "year in and year out one of the more accurate ones you’ll find", Reggie Nelson is not even in the first round:

So is this PFW guy an idiot, or is there something going on with Nelson?

19. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

He's an idiot... I don't agree with many of his first round picks. Now watch me have to eat crow and backpedal come Saturday morning... :lol:

20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    That's because you are all attention giving ****-lovers.

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    No I'm sure the PFW guy is not an idiot, but I don't agree that they are one of the most accurate around just because they bill themselves that way. I have seen some mocks where Reggie Nelson isn't drafted in the first. I've seen way more where he is. All in all, I counted 60 players that varies mock draft had predicted would be 1st rounders.

At first glance, looking at this mock, I think it's pretty good, but here at the areas I disagree:

Pick 16 - Greg Olsen. I have notice his stock dropping in recent weeks. I'm not sure why exactly because I still think he's a good pick here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he falls to early second round. This one could go either way though.

Pick 17 - Brandon Meriweather. Same thing here. His stock has been dropping, but we know why. Stomping another players head during a melee isn't going to help any draft prospect. Still he might be a first rounder, but not at 17, the Jags will take R. Nelson unless he's already off the board.

Pick 21 - Jamaal Anderson. I really believe Anderson will be off the board before pick 21, but if he's still there at 21 I agree that Denver would take him. Pretty sure he won't be though.

Pick 28 - Anthony Gonzalez. With a WR class so deep as it is this year, I don't believe Gonzalez will be picked in the 1st round. Another year maybe, but not this year.

Pick 30 - Paul Posluszny. Chargers take Griffin over Posluszny if both are available, but I don't think they both will be there.

Pick 32 - Michael Griffin. Don't think he'll be there at 32. The Colts have so many different directions they could go. Someone may slide down the board that shouldn't have. I think the Colts will take the best talent available regardless of position, with a few exceptions of course. ie. they don't need a 1st round QB.

This is just my opinion, but I do think overall the PFW mock you posted is a very good mock. I don't think there's a perfect mock out there though, including my own. I'll probably have one more revision to my mock before draft day, but it's posted in the draft challenge thread if you want to take a look.

22. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :tup: