1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Norv Video

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerJeff, Nov 28, 2008.

1. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Any doubt he has lost at least part of the team?

Video Link

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    "We sometimes forget he's the head coach." :dead:

3. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I wonder how much of what KO said was because he wanted more playing time as a receiver and Norv didn't give it to him? I wonder how much playing time he'll get now?

The fans have no confidence in Norv, it looks like the players have no confidence in Norv, and even though the head office is saying Norv will be back next year, I bet he won't be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If the season ends with no playoffs or if we are officially eliminated from the playoffs (before the season ends)... I guarantee you'll hear many more players saying even worse!!!

5. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    This is not good. I still have hope we can win out and with some help from the Donks we could limp into the playoffs. But if the locker room is starting to give up on Norv...

What a mess!

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Another thing mentioned in the video is that "LT took a stand in the locker room after the 5-5 start last season and got the team motivated."

As I've been saying all along "Norv is NOT responsible for last seasons success. LT, Rivers, Merriman and team leaders like that are!!!"

Now, they want Norv out of here!!! They're tired of coaching themselves!!!

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Kassim is a bitter little biitch. He should just go back to doing worthless flips over the wedge and impressing the fans overseas with his "LOOK AT ME" dance.

Not saying he's lying, but he does have an axe to grind. What better way ensure you get your *** shipped outta' town?

I'd deactivate him and make him sweat out a new job. He's a loser.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What you're saying is true but what he's saying is also true!!! :yes:

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    HAHAHAHAHA, KO trying his damnedest to get his walking papers. So the scrub takes the bait and talks shyte on the local news. BYE, BYE KO.:wave:

10. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Hearing stuff like that on the video makes me think that there could be a mutiny brewing if and when we get bounced from the playoff race. And if that happens, no way can Norv stay no matter what Dean and AJ say.

Despite this, KO has no business airing dirty laundry in public...that's a crappy thing to do, no matter whether it is warranted or not.

It never should have come to this :no:

11. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    KO=Hanik Milligan nothing but a Special teams chump. KO has nothing to offer at WR and he is all upset about it. I cant wait for his winey a** to move along. I'm sure he will really contrbute at WR in the CFL next year. :lol:

12. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Looks like the players blaming the coaching staff again.

They blame Marty for their losses in the playoffs and uneven play.

They blame Ted and now that he is gone they are doing better BUT still messing up on the little things.

Now they are blaming Norv. Sorry, but dropping easy balls, not tackling, giving up on plays is all YOU. The only fault on Norv might be gameplan and allowing these players (Cromartie I am looking at you) to continue to start.

If/When we replace Norv unless we hold the players accountable it seems they will blame whoever else we find as a HC.

From the interview it seems Norv is less HC, and more OC, which I have been saying all along. Aj Smith seems more like the HC than Norv, especially since everything has to be approved by AJ Smith.

What this means is that we need either another OC to help Norv, or another HC/Assistant HC to help Norv out there.

Its impossible for a coach to be both the OC and HC.

13. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    After watching this film I have to give more credit to
    bolts4life than I thought before. hexedbolt is right, Osgood
    is a whiny player, but the words seems clear.
    "Norv Turner has not the potential to be HC. He's a good OC - that's all !"
    In fact, No player, who wants playing time speaks like this
    to the TV media. But when he does it, the coach has to react.

What we miss - and everybody said this from the beginning -
    is to be prepared in training, playcalling or special features vs. the next sportive enemy.
    This is the HC duty and we missed it, so that last minute meltdowns could be prevent.

If KO is only the top of the iceberg, the other players have
    to show up - on the field ... and in 4 eyes talks to AJ.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We have staff in place. As I've said before, Rivera goes to HC/DC with Pagano helping with the DC duties. Norv steps back to OC. AJ still smells fairly good. Norv would likely be relieved. He ain't getting another HC post, so he'd do best to stay in SD if he can.

It's the only way I don't see us either making MAJOR coaching changes or staying this course for another year.

BTW - anyone know Rivera's contract terms? If this is his last year, we could well lose him to another team as a HC. I'd prefer he gets the job here. The defensive players ARE responding to him.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No they didn't. The fans did.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You're right... Marty shouldn't have been fired and Norv should have never been hired!!!

KO is a true hero!!! He spoke for the entire team. It's easy to see that they hate Norv. They don't want to be on the same side line as him!!

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    First off... Won't happen.
    Second... Even if Norv was willing, bad idea. The players hate him with a passion!!!
    Third... If we do promote Rivera to HC, we need a strong DC. Having him be HC/DC is a recipe for failure.

We need to get back what we had. Which was...
    Marty... Solid HC
    Cam... Solid OC
    Wade... Solid DC

Each guy souly focused of his duties!!!
    THAT'S WHAT WE NEED!!!

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

We can say what we want about KO but what he said was not untrue.

Some keep saying the coach shouldn't have to motivate the players. Know when the last time was we heard that?
    During the Mike Riley era.
    THAT SAYS IT ALL!!!

The players hated Norv from the start and now they've had it with doing his job for him!!!

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Osgood is no hero. He's a transparent chump.

If anything, it was his idea to arrange this interview, not the team's.

Wouldn't that make him more of a martyr than a hero? :icon_shrug:

So he gets to go play special teams for another team. BFD. Good riddance to this chump.

20. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Special teams chump? Try special teams stud. He can whine all he likes as long as he keeps laying wood and batting the ball out of the end zone. ****, at least we have one unit on the team we can depend on!

21. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    FYI...KO isnt the only one who's fed up with Norv.

LT was on xtrasports 1360 this past week & was asked if he can remember a year in which was a bad as this one rushing the ball with success......:icon_shrug:

His answer? 2001, his rookie year...the year Norv was here as OC.:no:

Helllloooooooo??!!!!!:icon_eek:

22. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    No. Stick with the playoff argument. The one thing they weren't with Marty was incosistent. Inconsistent is a moniker we can stick on Norv's offense.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Rivera has changed the face of this defense in a matter of weeks.

Come on now. The D has improved. It's Norv's O that has let us down lately. Playcalling has been suspect and the Oline hasn't looked the same since he became HC. 10 pts on the Steelers? 20 pts on the Colts? One of the best red zone teams turned into one of the worst? No. This is systemic. Not just a bunch of individual player f-ing up.

Then Norv has to SACK UP!!! This is business! If Norv can't be man enough to take what is rightfully his then he has no business being the head coach.

If Norv's is taking a back seat to AJ so he can keep his job then he should apply to be the head cook at Applebees; Not the coach of an NFL football team!

Sure. Norv would be perfect for the OC position.

23. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    The current offense has no identity. Norv took it from them. He's a play caller at best, not a coach.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That f****** piece of garbage known as "AJ Smith" preaching continuity and that's exactly what he got.
    We're right back to the team we were in 2001!!

F*** YOU AJ!!!
    Spanos, grow some balls and fire that egotistical waste of life!!!

25. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    dude will you shut the **** up already?
    everyone knows what your opinion is, done, you've done it, congratulations. OK?
    if someone is an egotistical waste of life it's you.
    all i see is your same BS post after post, thread after thread.
    we know you think the team is being mislead, got it.
    or better yet just stop posting here you ****ing douche.
    your ruining the forum.
    go do some more blow and try and get some sleep in the next couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You mean the year this rookie rushed for over 1200yds and 10tds... and finished 2nd in rookie of the year votiing? :icon_shrug::lol:

LT ain't known for his silver tongue and sharp wit. Much like Emmitt Smith and his fledgling TV analyst career, LT should stick to making moves on the field. When he's done running the ball, he should simply go the Barry Sanders route and stay away from microphones whenever possible.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Keep up with that kind of name calling and personal attack, there will be no need for your concern about the forum!!!

You've been reported!!!

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LT has a right to speak.
    He could have rejected the Chargers offer in 2004 and went to Dallas or New York, where he'd be treated like a God Nationwide!!!

If he were a Cowboy or a Giant, he'd have more endorsements than Michael Jordan. Clothing lines, movies, and he'd be on every billboard in every city.
    He chose to stay here and help bring a Super Bowl title to San Diego. He's seeing his opportunities vanish because of Norv.

30. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    True. He's got every right to speak.

He just... shouldn't.

that's all I'm saying.