1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting segment about Rivers during last season...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Hgrove99, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Hgrove99

Hgrove99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    One of the very very few times I agree with Stephen A Smith.

Rivers is good enough where we should have already made at least 1 Super Bowl appearance since 2006. There are so many factors involved (coaching, injuries, Nate Kaeding, coaching, Marlon McCree, injuries, and coaching) that I don't even want to contemplate it all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm glad they put a little more thought into it than the standard ring counting. Too many people act like football is a 1 on 1 competition between two QBs, and that the only criteria for anything is number of rings. There are A LOT of other things involved in who gets that ring each year.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Snake bit doesn't even come close to comparing how Phils career has played out.

So glad he's been a class act throughout it all.

There's still time to get himself one of those coveted rings of (argument) power.

5. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    As the dust settles and we look back on the "Big Trade" that essentially swapped Eli for Philip on draft day... is anyone else feeling that Archie Manning called it correctly when he said Eli wouldn't win a Super Bowl of he went to San Diego???

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    eli gump.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    The fact that people can look at the record books and see Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson (to name a couple) with their rings while Dan Marino has none and still insist on this approach boggles my mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    It'd be kind of silly for anyone to argue otherwise considering we have 20/20 hindsight to work with.

I still think Archie used that as an excuse, though, and just wanted his son in the New York limelight.

9. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    It was all about getting ECry to New York, anyone who still thinks it had anything to do with the Chargers hasn't been paying attention. Watch the "Caught in the Draft" episode about 2004. Leigh Steinberg (Roethlisberger's agent) pretty much said exactly that. The only reason the Mannings sh*t on San Diego is because the Chargers had the #1 pick. If the Chargers passed on ECry he could have easily ended up in Oakland or Arizona who were just as dysfunctional at that point. The Mannings decided they were special and forced the trade. Marty gushing about Rivers didn't do the team any favors.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Except Skip Bayless who kept insisting that Eli is the better quarterback despite throwing far more interceptions because (holding his fist up) of the rings. All this does is enforce my hatred of Bayless.

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Yup. Eli might not even have survived as long as phil.

12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984