1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is AJ Mocking LT?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jan/21/chargers-draft-homework-under-way/?chargers

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    AJ makes me sad.

LT is this franchise!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I detest the lack of respect AJ seems to be showing LT. Okay, maybe he's on the downward side of his career and maybe he's failed to remain healthy into the play-offs but don't make a mockery out of someone's heartfelt comments. If AJ is stupid enough to just outright release LT, then he is officially an idiot! Get LT's contract re-done and more cap friendly and he won't have to immediately try and find a replacement. Listen to the man...HE WANTS TO STAY!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
  5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Well said. I don't even know that LT's on the downward side, could just be a two-year run of bad luck with injuries. Same thing happened with Jamal and Rodney Harrison, they both were able to stay healthy for years after.

With 2010 being an uncapped year, it makes too much sense to restructure LT's deal and keep him in lightning bolts. I am shocked that AJ is thinking otherwise. :no:

• Like Like x 2
  6. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Maybe there is something brewing behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Maybe LT's agent is fighting the idea of restructuring LT's contract and instead wants LT to get traded. And so he asked LT to write what he did on his website in an attempt to vilify AJ and make LT look good. If that is the case it would make sense that AJ would mock the statement. We all know that AJ doesn't like to be jerked around by agents.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    AJ is too awesome for some to comprehend.

I'm w/ LaDeezie, there is something going on behind all this we don't know about.

Also, I stand behind my opinion I made a week ago about LT shutting the hell up and just letting things work themselves out.

• Like Like x 2
  8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    i just love the way AJ works, other people might not like it cause they have "feelings" for LT, but AJ works like donald trump

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :tup:

Because AJ can see right thru the little emo games LT is trying to play in the media.

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Why did LT feel the need to go to the press with this?

Is he trying to make this whole mess a "ME" vs "THEM" scenario.

I do not see the need to pay some guy 9 Million Dollars to run the ball up the middle and fall down, hell I'll do that for the league minimum!

Now you have AJ going to the media and taking to them instead of going straight to LT!

I am sure LT and Merriman will go great as a package deal, lets get Detroit’s #1 and go after a real player who wants to be here and WIN!!!!!!!

This crap of watching these guys on the sideline is getting old!

I want a Lombardi, and if these guys cannot produce, then lets get rid of them!

Or does LT feel the need to make another Soup Commercial, hell if he is going to do that, why doesn’t he get really hungry go through the defensive guy, because Troy Polamalu stopped LT right in his tracks.

And LT's marketability is losing steam rapidly!

11. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82

Damn! and I thought I was going to get torched for my comments.

I like LT just like any other Charger fan but yeah I've gotten tired of the media looking at LT after every defeat to see how he feels about it. And he doesn't make things better with that emo (that was funny) act he puts up.

I don't care how LT feels after a loss. I do however want to know how the team is going to get better.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I am not going to worry about what others think.

I want to see the Chargers hoist a Lombardi, I have for almost 40 years now.

We have been close too many times now, and there is not no magic potion that will make us all live for ever.

If the media wants to make this out as LT's team, then LT had better start earning his paycheck, 8 and 8 sucks, and another year of not getting a Lombardi is getting old!

If he has gotten old as far a running backs go in the NFL, then its time we start looking elsewhere for another back.

We had the best back in the league, and did not do anything with him.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    At least our team isn't boring. :lol:

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Just hope for the best. Every great player gets older. Thats just what happens. Its no ones fault. Plus the huge contract they have to pay him. That I'm guessing is the stickler. They'd keep LT if he'd play for less so they can sign guys like RIvers and merriman to long term contracts now. And possibly land a couple of good free agents. They are right. The chargers just isn't quite there with a solid team yet. And we all want a solid team in the future.

I think a trade would be far better than just letting LT go. Then the chargers could decide where he'll go.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    LT sure has gotten himself in a stew. These last two years he has started to concern me and it seems to have grown worse. He needs to STFU and play, we'd all be a lot better off.

I'm glad AJ doesn't show favoritism towards any one player, Hell, when Philip wouldn't sign AJ stood pat and waited. A deal finally got done but it cost Philip a possible starting job.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i don't think this is mocking as much as this is just speaking the truth:
    AJ has to look both long and short term situations
    AJ might very well like it here and want to stay, but if Spanos isn't happy then AJ's gone
    AJ has to make his recommendations based onwhat he thinks but Spanos makes teh final choice

If we're trading him just get somehting good for him. Otherwise this is stupid. I want LT to stay but I think people are just a little too tied down to LT.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    AJ is preparing us for the worst case scenario.

Imagine how happy everyone will be if LT declares that he's coming back, 100% healthy, ready to make another run at the Championship.

And if he doesn't... we'll all be ready for it.

You should be praising AJ. :lol:

18. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Yes, that line from RTL is a classic!

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and neither are the fans :icon_rofl:

we have been kicked around for so long, that we have to resort to fighting amongst our selves just too look for some action.

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    When LT was not breaking records, he played to win. Once he strated to break records, he played so he wouldnt get hurt.

I liked him more when he played to win, he didnt get hurt, and we won!

AKA (Big Head Complex)

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I gotta admit I still think he plays to win. But the problem is he's just not as elusive anymore. So he appears to be falling back on that advice given to him by Emmitt Smith years ago. (prolong your career by running out of bounds)

AJ is playing this one just right.

If he comes out and heaps nothing but praise on LT, then LT comes in with a full bucket of ammo.

Right now, every other team in the league is looking at their roster of RBs and wondering if they might have a little space in their cap for a proven superstar like LT.

If AJs phone rings with inquires, offers, or anything that tips him off as to LTs value... he gets an even better picture of how this should play out.

As much as I love LT... he doesn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Keeping his mouth shut would be the best thing, but he can't seem to help himself.

22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    He made a post on his website... in response to the huge influx of messages from fans to him concerned he wanted to leave.

Why is that "emo" guys? Geez...

• Like Like x 1
  23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Lets just win a super bowl next year. That should be the goal. If it means loosing LT because of salary cap issues then so be it.

We still need to improve to get to the promised land. I think we can all agree with that.

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I think people who are upset at the fact that LT might not be a charger and might not be the outstanding RB he used to be, and at that point are not only blaming AJ for doing what a good GM should do, but are using anything he says as an excuse to bash him as egotistical and a bully.

25. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Already made my point.

26. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

He's not doing what a GM should. Show me one successful GM who goes to the media over players' situations as much as AJ does?

27. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192
    Fact is that AJ has not been successful in this league. He got his Executive of the Year trophy on the back of LT and Marty, and all of his draft picks that are any good were coached up by Marty. AJ has a lot to prove this year, much more to prove than LT IMO and so far he is doing a piss poor job of proving anything. What has he done outside of making derogatory statements towards Sproles' ability as a player, and mock LT?

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He gives interviews because people ask him to, if he didn't you'd be complaining that he's a hermit crab and completely out of touch with the fans. Frankly I could make a case that LT is almost on par with TO and Chad Johnson for how much he goes and *****es to the media about everything. He's damn near *****ed all year long about anything; his injury, not keeping LoNeal, not becoming a bigger part of hte offense, Norv (constantly) and goes out and released injury information to the media.

Again - AJ can't win no matter what he does. Talk about it and he's a media whore who's uses the press to influence the fans. Don't talk and he is out of touch. Not discuss LT and within half a season he's too emotional to his players. Do discuss LT and he's a jackass.

29. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Your ******** me right? This is a joke?
    Prior to AJ we were lucky if we hit on 1/3 of our draft picks. How many of our draft picks are left pre AJ; basically NONE. Outside of Binn and Williams. He built this entire team with players he picked up, he turned us from a joke into a real team.
    Let's see, since AJ's been drafting (and i'll throw 2003 in since everyone LOVES to do that) we've picked up

Philip Rivers
    Darren Sproles
    Vincent Jackson
    Marcus McNeil
    Nick Hardwick
    Antonio Gates
    Jeromey Clary/Shane Olivea
    Luis Castillo
    Jacques Cesaire
    Shaun Phillips
    Shawne Merriman
    Stephen Cooper
    Tim Dobbins
    Matt Wilhelm
    Antonio Cromartie
    Eric Weddle
    Mike Scifres
    Nate Kaeding
    Wow that's only EVERY SINGLE SKILL PLAYER WE HAVE! He really sucks this AJ!

Compared to his busts
    Sammy Davis
    Terrance Kiel
    Courtney Van Buren
    Buster Davis (TBD)
    Wow, so one first day's draft and one first rounder that came about 5 years later. He hasn't done **** has he?

And I'm sorry, I'd like to remind people of some of the other famous marty inspired pick ups like oh:
    Tamarick Vanouever
    Leon Johnson
    Bob Hallen
    Cory Raymer
    Kelvin Garmon
    Stephen Alexander

So let's not pretend that AJ hasn't done jack squat, prior to AJ even the great Marty didn't do jack with this team. He needed AJ's talent to help turn this team around unless you thought we could seriously win with those Marty scrubs and Jerry Wilson.

30. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192
    Don't put ****ing words in my mouth. I never want to hear one word out of the GM's mouth outside of an end of the year speech to address the result of the season. If he's going to be giving interviews during the year, then he needs to keep his mouth shut. What's wrong with a simple: "We respect LT and what he's done for this franchise," remark regarding LT's statement? No, he's got to go out of his way to stir the **** in the bowl.

In regards to the *****ing, big ****ing whoop. We were a 4-and ****ing 8 team. If players weren't pissed I wouldn't want them on this team. LT said he wanted the ball more, big ****ing surprise. It only was our ticket to success for the last four years. Surprise surprise that he wants to actually win football games. In regards to Norv, he never said **** about Norv. KO said **** about Norv, but LT never called out Turner as head coach. He criticized the playcalling, but didn't call out the head coach in the media..

BTW, please find me proof that LT released injury information to the media.