1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

is anyone watching????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AthensPhilipRiversFan, Oct 16, 2006.

1. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331
    the new show on Tuesday nights called "Friday Night Lights"?

If not, give it a look. The book was GREAT. The movie was EXCELLENT and so far I'm hooked big time on the tv show after it's first two weeks. I can't wait till Tuesday nights to watch it. It's a really family oriented drama type but it defintely is reminiscent of how football is in some towns. It's the life of a town and the show reflects it well while also looking at small town life in general and also a lot of family type dynamics.

If u like good tv.....check it out. It's one of the few new shows this season that I hope stays in the line up.

Teresa

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I've recorded both episodes so far, and am waiting to see how they do in their second game with the new QB.

In any case, I like it, although it seems to be suffering a little in the ratings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    high school football on tv bores me
    not to mention i barely have the time to watch what i want to watch (Law & Order, BSG, Jericho)

4. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

yep that's what i read somewhere too....its a shame cause it's a good show but tuesday nights aint the best for tv either

5. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

party pooper! :no: i know...i'm channel hopping now as it is but this one is worth watching!

6. t.druann

t.druann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    I LOVED the movie...haven't read the book and alas--I don't have cable. I didn't know it was a book...I NEED TO READ IT!!!

7. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

the book was really good. i'll give a look around here and see if i still have my copy. if i do i'll mail it to ya. aint no need in u buyin one if i can find mine. :)

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Watch the movie first. It's really good.

Then watch the series on NBC.

Oh, one other thing. The movie is the one based on the actual book, as it details the magical 1988 season of the smalltown Permian Panthers. The clothing styles and music is from the 1980s.

The NBC series of the same name doesn't follow Permian HS but a fictitious Texas HS (at least I think it's fictitious). However, enough is similar to Permian so you know which HS they are really referencing. Plus, it's been updated for 2006 in terms of terminology and such.