1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is everyone ready to give up on Norv yet?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Time to give up on Norv and the season?

1. Yes, fire him today

52.2%
  2. No, he gets the rest of the season

30.4%
  3. No, but Another loss and he is gone

4.3%
  4. Not until we are mathmatically out

13.0%
  1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    At 2-5, is it time to call the season lost and fire Norv?

2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I think if we blow it against Tennessee or Houston, I'd be for running him because we have our bye the following that Texans game and a new guy would have a little time before having to take the field with this team. If we simply promoted one of our assistants, there should not really be a need for a lengthy turnover, at least to finish out the season.

I recall how our defense got progressively better after Rivera replaced Cottrell, and he could probably inspire some immediate improvement if Norv is dismissed.

Maybe we can arrange a trade with San Fran, Norv for Singletary straight up! :lol:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    The sooner the better.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Wait until the end of the season.

Then get Chucky.

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    That's not gonna happen with AJ as the GM. :no:

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Totally agree

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I want no part of Gruden. And it's not just that I think his ego and AJ's ego won't mesh. Gruden is the anti-Norv but still not in a good way. Gruden gameplans well (which Norv traditionally doesn't) but he can't (or just plain doesn't) make adjustments to that gameplan as the game progresses (which is one of the few praises I can lump upon Norv aside from Rivers' development). He just continues to beat his head against the wall expecting his pre-game plan to work and then scowls and makes faces when it continues not to.

I don't want a re-hasn here because I don't think it does our guys any good. A re-hash brings us more of the same we got with Norv, mostly because a rehash is likely to be another "continuity" hire. We don't need continuity, we need a fresh approach and some fresh air breathed into this team. I don't see Gruden bringing that.

My top choice is likely not to draw any consideration, and I wouldn't suspect most on here would know him (nor am I even aware if the man has any interest in being a HC). But there are a number of guys I could be happy with based off their track record as assistants and coordinators of being able to identify quality assistants and in establishing a culture of players that are disciplined and motivated to play.

8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    How about John Fox (Carolina)? Most years when his teams have been healthy they have done well. He's probably out of there at the end of the year because they don't seem to have much going right now other than their backs (Stewart and Williams). Might be intriguing.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    yes to new approach.

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That has got to be one of my biggest negatives about Norv. I don't think he makes adjustments at all. When his line can;t hold a block, he continues to call plays that require a 7 step drop. When our center is injured and not playing, and we have a rookie RG who is lost at run blocking, he continues to call run plays straight up the middle.

Norv is terrible at making adjustments to maximize the abilities (Or lack there of) for the players on the field.

11. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    End of the season hes gotta go!

I gave up on Norv ages ago...but I'll never give up on the Chargers!

12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Just..

[​IMG]