1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is LT a hall of famer?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Jun 29, 2007.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Yes according to Pat Kirwan

If he never plays again (knock on wood, cross my fingers, etc, etc.) is he now a HOF'r? I say yes!

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    His records set thus far put him in the hall already, probably as a first year eligible nominee.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    LT is the best running back ever...better than Jim Brown, Sayers, Payton, Sanders, Dickerson, Campbell .... all of them.

Never forget we are watching history in the making.

Sort of like watching Babe Ruth and knowing something special was happening.......yet ....

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    As long as he continues doing what he does best, then yes he is a Hall of Famer.

But right now he isnt.

To be inducted, one has to have a great career, and he still has several years to climb up into history.

He is on his way, dont get me wrong. But if you would have to take a vote today, he doesnt have the numbers. he will in a few more years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I cant say he is a shoe in yet. One or two more typical seasons and he is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    OR.............

A couple of rings.

7. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I'm superstitious and this is sketching me out...

8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848

LT is in the HOF:yes: :yes:

9. view from view 22

view from view 22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    LT is the best, and we'll tell you why.
    Forget the numbers for a moment and realize that the other 2 that we consider the best, Sayers and Brown, could have played in any era....but only about 20% of the defenders they played against could have played in THIS era.

Kids, there is just no way to explain how much bigger, stronger and faster defenders are these days.
    Defensive schemes also seemed to have evolved radically since the '60's.

I'll admit to a SLIGHT Charger bias, but......
    Here's my list:
    1) Tomlinson
    2) Sayers
    3) Brown
    4) Payton
    5) Smith

:bolt2: ,
    vfv22

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Wondered if you'd eventually make it over here...welcome!! :icon_eek: :)

Look for'ardta reading your stuff!! :yes: :tup: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Prisco
    says not yet

• Like Like x 1
  12. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Those are some great players and I agree - LT will be on top of them all - as for "currently?" - I say LT is better at this point in his career than Tony Dorsett (HOF) ever was or thought of being. But yeah - I'm a graduate of 47 years of hopeless homerism. :icon_toast:

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey dude welcome to Bolttalk....where the real posters show up to post. :yes: :abq2:

If anyone who reads this forum wants to know another old Bolt timer who saw the very first Chargers game in Balboa Stadium, this is your man (along with BFISA and IronMountain1965)...old farts.....

Once you post at Bolttalk, you will find there is no need to go elsewhere. It is like crack. :icon_toast:

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Oh my, me too. :icon_toast:

VFV22 has killer stories and is a savant but he will not admit it.....This year I think I convinced him to hang with our temple of Bolt renegades in "joint" :icon_high: operations of hedonism aka the tailgaters.

The thing about LT for the old timers who have watched Jim Brown and Sayers and Sanders is that we see that LT is special compared to the rest. It brings a tear to the eye seeing this dude do the **** he does week end and week out and not let it get to his head. There is no "posse". His wife (LaTorsha) gets miffed wondering if LT knows who he really is at times. The dude is that humble.

I am forever glad he is on our team as well as Rivers, Gates and Jamal as parting gifts before we exit this planet.

15. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Fixed it for ya Trumpy!

OBTW, getting back on topic - Gale Sayers (HOF) had a six year career - 1965-71 and accumulated 9,435 TOTAL yards, 4,956 yards rushing and 332 points. Over this past six years LT has 9,176 yards rushing and another 2,900 yards receiving.

I say he is already better than any RB in the HOF at this point of his career and pray that it is far, far from over. (signed -=homer=-).

16. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    LT currently has 9176 rushing yards in his career.

1824 yards in 2007 probably gives him back to back rushing titles, 11,000 yards for his career, and a Super Bowl ring.

Then, he's an absolute LOCK for the Hall of Fame.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Not to take anything away from LT, he is the greatest in my mind. But training methods are 1000 times better today then they were back then. LT doesn't have to sell used cars in the off season or pound nails to makes ends meet. Is he a HOF? yes but let's not belittle those that came up the hard way.:bolt2:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Right now LT is a possible HOF'er. I remember when Terrel Davis retired a lot of people thought he should go to the HOF. But I am not sure he did enough.

A few more good seasons, and a superbowl ring and there will be no question.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    "Possible"? OK if you say so but you won't mind if I consider this is from someone whose sig would indicate that s/he is having flashbacks from the "Wizard of OZ"...

Yo Todo - byte me!

(Just funnin Conc).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No I wont mind at all, so long as that flash back doesnt put me in a little blue dress or the ruby slippers...

My point is you have to look at this as a non-Charger fan. Yes LT is very good, but there are a lot of people who claim he is not yet GREAT. I disagree on this point, but I am a self proclaimed Charger homer.

So ask yourself this, do the people who vote on the HOF vote LT in right now, if he was to play another down. I am not sure he is a lock in non-fans mind. Hell the greatest season of any player in the NFL, where he broke the TD record, scoring record, and had the most rushing yards did not even rate on the top 10 best seasons ever on the NFL network. So again, will non-Charger fans put LT in right now? I think not. And they are WRONG!

21. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Yea but TD only had 4 great years, maybe if he had another great season.

LT has 1500+ more rushing yards, 40 more rushing TDs, 1600+ more receiving yards, and 6 more receiving TDs.

But yea LT probably needs to put another good year before he's a lock.