1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Marty cursed?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 14, 2007.

?

Marty is cursed

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. mmmm, beeer

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I mean seriously, 5-13, WTF already!?!?

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The biitch is jinxed.

This dude has the grim reaper following his sour kraut eating asss. :yes:

Dr. Joseph Mengele needs to have a visit with the brother and do some gene splicing or some **** to get the voodoo hex off his "monkey ***" :yes:

3. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i do not think marty is cursed. i think this game tonight was one of the worst games execution-wise and fundamentally that sd has ever played. bad calls, dropped passes/picks, etc (sry for bringin this shiz up). but i think marty knows this, and thats why he'll be back next year. i hope every1 realizes that a lot of the blame must also fall on cameron.

4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    No Marty is not cursed and the players lost the game and you now it...

5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I didn't truly believe until today.

Get his *** out, he's not leading us to anywhere not named Heartbreak Hotel.

BTW, I do believe the players played like dogshit today, but after the season we just had, that's all we've got? 1 and done? GET THE FUK OUT WITH THAT ****.

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +852
    Marty has the worst luck. Period. His players lost the game more than coaching staff did.

Dropped Balls.
    VJ not dragging his feet on that TD pass.
    0 sacks for the leagues best pass rushers.
    Stupid penalties.
    Blown coverages.
    Droped INT's.
    Fumbled INT's.
    Fumbled punt returns.

Yeah Marty didn't go for the FG in the 1st half, and he wasted a 2nd half timeout. But the players have to take most of the blame.

Anyways, great regular season. the best ever. Like I said in other threads. We are young, talented and built to stay in championship contention for years to come. Marty may be gone, but let's keep Cam and Wade together for at least 1 more year so that the team won't have to start over in a new system.

7. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    All of this is true which is why I say he is jinxed.

5-13 speaks for itself. And this is with him having the team with the best regular season record 3 different times and losing the first game each time.

Brutal.

8. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in jinxes and curses.

But I know a lot of professional athletes do, and I wonder if the Marty-curse sticks in the back of their brains and then causes them to be uptight and make stupid mistakes or just play tight.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Yeah, how many times does he have to fuk up a prefectly good season before people just admit the dude has a black cloud of playoff DOOM following him around?

He is cursed. 5-13 is not a result of bad luck, but GAWDAWFUL FATE.

10. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Yes he is cursed. Like I said elsewhere, hire his son, this stuff skips a generation.

Also, that stadium is cursed. Tear it down as soon as possible. 40+ years of that crappy thing and never once a world championship in any sport. Maybe that tightwad city attorney is right on the money here. The Murph must go.

11. starrman

starrman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1

A new stadium would do wonders for this community. Going to the Q is like going to the Sports Arena. It's old and smelly with peeling paint and the City won't do anything to properly maintain it. :football:

12. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I think at times the loses can be pinned more directly on marty, but the fumble in cleveland on the goaline and tonight's game.... maybe he IS cursed. I really wanted the team to win for him and LT and Godfrey.

I don't know how much of this is marty's doing and how much is just crappy luck. I can't believe that marty hasn't prepared them properly. Does VJ need to be taught any more to drag his foot when he's that close to the endline? Does Parker need to be taught any more to just fall on a fumbled punt instead of trying to pick it up and run? Does McCree need to be schooled any further on what to do on a fourth down pass that comes flying into your arms? My goodness, how much more can marty do?

I feel bad for him and LT, who seemed to be the only guy on offense that was worth a damn. I suppose that's why Cam only gave him 10 touches in the second half.

We need to get some more aggressive coaching here. I'm not happy at all with our offensive play calling that is so predictable. I'm not happy with the empty backfield sets that end up in sacks or incomplete, hurried passes. I'm not happy with the soft defense we use at the end of halves that give up easy scores. I'm not happy about the way Cam can't seem to figure out a way to get LT and Turner in the game at the same time and pound the ball down the opponent's throat. I'm not happy with a lot of things, but I don't always think it's marty. However, should he have had his troops better mentally prepared? Again, should the players need that when it's the playoffs and you're at home?

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    The problem is now, the better they do in the regular season the more pressure is put on the jinx. If we do go 13-3 or 14-2 again it just becomes so much more pressure come the playoffs.

Only way to break the jinx it is to barely squeek into the playoffs and get on a run because everybody is assuming Marty will lose. And who wants to do that with this talent?

Nope, it is time. I like the guy, I think he is a decent human being and damn good coach but bad stuff happens to him in inexplicable ways. Time to jump off the Good Ship Schottypop.

14. Fatherbolt

Fatherbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree 100%.I like Marty,but I think it's time to break the cycle.Look to Tampa Bay as an example.Dungy was a damn good coach who couldnt win the big one.They fired him,hired Gruden and won the Super Bowl.Tampa hasnt done crap since,but at least they hoisted the Lombardi.

15. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I think Rivers said it best after the game..."We lost it as a team."

• Like Like x 1
  16. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443
    why yes, yes he is..

17. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    marty is far from cursed, he is just a plain old idiot.

going for 4th and 11 in the first quarter of a nil nil game with your pro bowl kicker ready. challenging the most obviously correct call in perhaps the history of the game. its hilarious watching this bufoon screw his team. every time they show him on the sidelines he stands their with his mouth half open in disbelief.

marty ball has half a brain, and good luck with cheerleading pete carroll if you get him. he's a recruiter, not a coach. look what he did to the pats before the genius that is bellicheck stepped in