1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Merriman still on drugs???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by OverVolt, Nov 11, 2007.

1. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Did you hear his post game interview?
    He mentions the Chargers as a "great" team twice.
    Sorry, but a great team has a good QB that can lift an offense when it's needed...a great team can run on a defense that's missing half it's starting front seven...a great team can shutdown an offense that's missing two starting linemen, it's best WR and it's starting TE.
    I watched our defense give up 3rd down after 3rd down all night, I watched our offense stink it up against a bunch of 2ed stringers and rookies.
    I watched us drop a 23 points lead, not score a point in the second half, and rely on one the great kickers in NFL history to miss a 29 yard chip shot.
    No Mr Merriman, this is not a great team...right now, I can't see how they are even a good team.
    But on a positve note, we did get our first win against a team with a winning record, and we are now on top of our division...as crappy as it is.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I'm drunk too.

3. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Me too! :icon_toast:

4. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Not my drug of choice...but I'll take the green! (and a shot of tequila now and then)

After this performance, all I can say it:icon_party: until you drop...

5. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    I actually thought Merriman had a decent game.

But I get your point. :yes:

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Just ignore him he is full of **** as usual. I am just so so tired of the attitude of so many of these guys. Chargers should have lost this game if it weren't for Sproles and Cromartie. Most of the others played the same brand of crap football they have been playing since the beginning of the season.

7. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    What's really sad is to look at LT's body language...it looks to me like he understands this team is going nowhere in it's present state.
    So while guys like Merrimen are busy hyping themselves and this team as "GREAT"...Lt sees the truth. (although, Merrimen hasn't hyped himself much this year...to his credit)

8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    LT knows exactly what is going on and has been expressing that for weeks in his body language...and more recently with his words.

9. Ekdog

Ekdog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    LT will probably ask to be traded at the end of the season. How sad!

10. smelleyott

smelleyott BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    just media talk from merriman. he's just giving them some bs comment.

11. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Did you see LT's face and expression after the game on the field, he looked like they lost the game. Norv came up to him for congrats I imagine, but LT had this dead blank look on his face, even worse than his post game conference.

HE KNOWS NORV IS F***ING UP THIS TEAM, GOING AWAY FROM THE RUN, AND PASSING ON 2ND AND 1, AND OTHER YARDAGE PLAYS LIKE THAT!! He knows, and you can see it in his eyes, face, and body language. They were the #1 team rushing the ball last year with over 2,300 yards, and they have, as Lo' Neal says "lost thier identity running the football". You can blame that on Norv:icon_twisted:

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Bakey Drunk'd

13. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    He needs to get back on whatever drugs he was taking last year and start supplying the rest of the team as well.

14. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    After reading Micheal Silver's piece on the post game locker room, it's good to see the rest of this team doesn't have the same illusion of grandeur Merrimen has.
    What's really sad about this whole mess is, at this time, and according to that article, most of the players realize this is no playoff team, and if they get in, it's because the rest of this division is even worse.
    These guys know, the against the real playoff teams, we don't stack up anymore...and these are the same players we had last year.
    It's all about the mental edge, Norv doesn't have it, and now, neither does this team.
    Reading that article tells me this team is in big trouble, they know it, we know it, and the only thing that is going to turn this team around seems to be a new HC with a "take no Bull Shitte" attitude.
    Norv is a yes man, and he's creating a yes man attitude in this team.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928

then if I'm LT and Rivers and Merriman and the like, I take my case to AJ second and Dean Spanos first to explain it from teh ground's eye what Turner's doing and what AJ basically did in hiring these schmucks

16. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    If AJ's half as smart as he thinks he is...then he should already know this...after all, we all do:yes:

17. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Silver's piece is bullshit.

18. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Yeah, I suppose for those who are myopic it would be...sure, all is fine in Bolt land:icon_rofl:

19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I will be soon.

20. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

I think this may depend on which weeds are whining...we know LT isn't happy...are you ready to dump him?

21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    There's a difference between being dissatisfied with the team's performance and undermining the coach. You can try and rally the trooops without trashing the coach. You can tell your teammates that their inconsistent play is unacceptable without trashing the coach.

22. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Very good point!!!!
    But this coaches record speaks for itself...and as a HC, there is absolutely nothing good to say about it.
    While this season is close to going in the tank, the players shouldn't be taking this outside the locker room...at this point.
    However these articles that are now starting to pop up show a team that's about to implode...a couple more games like these last two, and I think Norv will lose this team...if he hasn't already.

23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Kevin Acee says that there is exactly one player who's speaking out againt the coach, though he wouldn't say which player.

24. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    If there's one speaking, how many do you suppose are thinking it???
    I would think after last year, and the stupid mistakes the players made that cost them the playoff game, they know how close they were to a superbowl...to see them play now, I would think they are all thinking what the one is now saying...if Norv doesn't turn this fast, more will be speaking their mind,and this team will be fried.

25. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I think Merriman is still injured. He had surgery to repair his labrum during the off-season, and he couldn't do any of the workouts he usually does.

He might be playing with one good arm.

Throw in Ted's BS Defense and you get 5.5 sacks.

26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    AJ didn't hire or fire anyone.

*points his finger @ Dean and begins cursing*

If Dean had done the right thing, the smart thing, he would have fired Marty the day after the Pats game and Wade would be our HC today.

27. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Exactly right!!! Why people don't get this I don't know.

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That would have also nixed the "Marty engineered his demise" conspiracy.

I tend to think that the leaders of this team need to step up & speak up. Just because Norv has a negative attitude doesn't mean that the team HAS to follow suit. If these guys want to be champions, they've got to be willing to express this ideal, even if it means going ot the mat with the coaching staff.

29. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Because they don't want to get it, they want to blame it all on A.J.