1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Riley... I mean McCoy telling us he has Hemorrhoids? AKA Angst thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer

Chargers head coach Mike McCoy said his team obviously played poor, and he was disappointed in the way the team finished. Although it did not look like it, he said the team still had a good week of preparation.

[​IMG]

The only good 'preparation' I can think he is referring to is the one followed by a 'H'

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  3. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    If he had not lost the locker room (BIG IF) prior to the Bye, Shirley Mr. McCoy did so after the news conference following the pathetic showing of his "prepared" team for the game v the Chiefs. He has been throwing his players under the proverbial bus starting from the Weddle no show situation during the voluntaries and it got less and less subtle from there onwards.

#mccoymustgo

#farkthespanoses

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Mike McCoy is good head coach and is simply overwhelmed with the barrage of injuries and lack of talented players to work with.

Any 3rd year HC in a similar situation, would have his team preform the same way. It happened with a Bill Belichick in Cleveland as well.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 11m11 minutes ago
    Chargers game plan falls flat; lineman upset with performance —"I suck right now"; team's 11th concussion. Notebook: http://utsd.us/1Oodbn5

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Acee: Chargers coach Mike McCoy must go
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/nov/22/chargers-mccoy-must-go/

There are three possibilities for why Mike McCoy continues to approve absurd offensive gameplans and conduct in-game machinations as if he’s straddling a 300-foot precipice afraid the wrong move will end his life.

A. He is an inept coward.

B. He has been instructed to lose in the interest of getting a better draft pick.

C. He knows his team is so bad his maneuvers are inconsequential.

“A” is arguable. “B” is preposterous. “C” could actually be defensible.

At this point, the answer is irrelevant.

McCoy can’t be the coach of the Chargers for more than three days in 2016.

When the season ends in Denver on Jan. 3, he should be allowed to make the return flight and then be relieved of his duties.

See the rest at the link address.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I find myself agreeing with Acee. A clear sign of the apocalypse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    This Acee article is a very bad omen for McCoy:

Last Sunday or the one before that, he penned an article in the SDUT as to why Tom Telesco ought not be fired. He seems to be pally with TT as he has never been too tough on Telesco. This article seems to suggest that Acee has been given some cliff notes of what's going to come on January 4th.

There is no way in heck that the Chargers will be drawing up a top 5 pick draft board with this coaching crew in sight, specially if they are LA bound and even if the relocation gets delayed till 2017, they will have very little Chargers fans attending the Q in 2016 if there is no coaching change. Seems like LJS has to look at Daddy with his wet baby blues (or browns) so Daddy will have to let MM walk out the door with one more year of suckling on Spanos's teat!

#chalkingituptoexperienceLJS

9. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Define "good"? ;)

To me 1-3 in the last month of the 2014 season + the 2-8 of this season = no bueno!

10. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Really hoping this is sarcasm...

A "good" head coach isn't one who has yet to win a game (or even for his side to look improved and better prepared that what it was going in...) coming off a bye week. That is, barring being pitted against a juggernaut (of which there are very few genuine cases in the current league), the weak where even Vegas oddsmakers tend to shade towards the team coming off the bye because more often than not they're both playing at home and doing so with two weeks to prepare/gameplan for the incoming opponent.

That said, McCoy is still only one of the larger symptoms of the actual problem; that being the rampant nepotism woven into the fabric of this team's organization culture all the way up to the highest levels of the ivory tower.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Is there a single great "football mind" anywhere in this FO or on the coaching staff? I think you need at least one great football mind to succeed in the NFL.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not even sure if we can hang the 'problem' on McCoy or the coaches.

The whole organization seems to have imploded. Our players are tentative and moving slowly, especially on D. It looks to me like the players are trying to do more than what they are responsible for, so one one is 'protecting their turf'. It is more than coaching, but coaching is a big part of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I figure if the ownership fires McCoy now, they might really screw up and get an interim head coach that actually helps the team to win or win out for this season. Then the Bolts would end up with another mid-round 1 pick, and probably trade away 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up one or two spots again...

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Watching the Patriots drive for 7 before half time really puts in perspective what type of coach it takes to win Super Bowls.

I believe Sean Payton is that type, and he's likely to be available after this season. The question is would ownership dig deep to pay him, and would he even want to jump on this sinking ship.

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I think the key word is SUNKEN. No where to go but up...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Was listening to Mighty 1090's Scott & BR show on my late afternoon drive. A couple of ex Chargers were opining:

Vincie Glenn (granted a loud big mouth) ripped into Weddle and called him out by name for being a selfish player who would not lead the younger players by example, vis a vis his public contract situation and shenanigans.

Hank Bauer who is more of a gent, did clearly state that the whole D quit with about 7 minutes left in the 4th Q and as things are, Hank is having difficulty seeing the Chargers beating Jacksonville on Sunday or beating Miami here at the Q in a few, The general consensus seems to be that the team will most probably go winless for the rest of the season.

A lot of talk about the emotional halftime ceremony retiring LT's # 21 and how the look on the then O-Linemen faces (Dielman, Clary, McNeill) was telling as to how the Organization farked up what a special "thing" they had. Well that special thanks goes to Dean himself for not having the cajones to step in between AJ and Marty before their relationship became way to toxic for any sort of coexistence.

The most troubling part from the sideline verbal skirmish between Rivers and Gates was the story that Scott Kaplan was telling about Melvin Gordon:

That Gordon pulled into the parking lot in his "flashy car" with windows rolled down and sound system blaring out rap songs with the N-Word laden expletives and profanities. Also when leaving the stadium he saw Gordon being surrounded with his "boys" riding on a hover board!

My message to Gordon (assuming the story being true and I have no doubt as to why Kaplan would make this stuff up):

You stupid punk! On the day when the Chargers fans and the dignitaries in attendance are honoring arguably one of the most beloved and respected Chargers, you behave as if you have done something, anything to merit you own aura of grandiosity? Why, because you were selected as a 1st round player when the president of football operation and his minion GM decided that you were something special to pay a hefty price for? Listen here kid! You not only seem unable to carry the jockstrap of the guy who was being honored at halftime, I doubt if you will ever be able to carry the jockstrap off the RB you were supposed to replace and the bad news for you, Mathews although fragile and not the sharpest tool in the shed, now seems like an easy choice over you! Heck kid! Your ol' man is in the big house for peddling drugs so instead of behaving like a gangsta wannabe, show some pride, become a man, hit your playbook religiously and put a hill in your backyard (like LT did) to run up and down till your quads wanna explode. IDIOT!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734

Say it ain't so!

18. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Which part?!

19. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    That part where you still give a rats arse what this team does. :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I'm going to watch BlindSpot. It's kinda cr*p but hey, I'm conditioned to watching cr*p. Call it an acquired taste from my years of Chargers follower ship :roflmao:

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Try Jessica Jones.... it's grittier. ;)

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Watched the first episode, it was pretty good.

I was skeptical, I don't watch any of those dumb superhero TV shows, like The Flash, Supergirl, Daredevil, The Agents of Shield, Arrow, Heroes etc... and so on. But when I heard that they were going to try to do right by Jessica Jones I had to give it a chance.

I've got high hopes for the Deadpool movie too.

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Just my 2 pesos here...

While listening to the Charger postmortem radio show after the game, it sounded as if McCoy knows he lost the locker room. Na'il Diggs asked him "Is there a disconnect between the players and the coaches?". His response was "Well, as a former player you know what it's like in preparing for a game. The COACHES provide the players with all they need to know." He went on for a bit more talking about opposition tendencies, etc. But the gist was that the coaches are doing what they're supposed to do and the players don't seem to be following that.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Daredevil is a flat out great show (Superhero content notwithstanding).

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    You'd honestly probably enjoy Daredevil if you thought the first episode of JJ was good. Aside from Eldon Henson (Fulton Reed from Mighty Ducks) overacting like usual, they do a good job achieving a much darker tone that you're used to seeing from most comic book inspired TV shows, in terms of action and just themes in general. And Vincent D'Onofrio is his usual phenomenal self as Kingpin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's worth watching JUST for Vincent D'Onofrio's performance. He is superb in DD.

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    I actually like some superhero movies, but most of the TV versions have been dumbed down too much and kiddiefied (not a real word). Daredevil has gotten positive reviews, but I haven't watch it yet. The "super" part of Jessica Jones isn't really played up that much. It's more a film noir, than a spandex and capes feature.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +306
    Not sure why the Detroit Free Press thinks we would have the #2 draft pick. The first tie breaker is strength of schedule and we have the same record with a weaker schedule than the Browns have. So we should be in position for the #1 draft pick right now.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    We beat them.

30. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +306
    I wouldn't say that McCoy is a good head coach, but you are right that injuries have not helped.

And there is no doubt that our current personnel is not good enough to produce a good record with any head coach because Telesco has ruined the roster. Frankly, anyone that can't see that from watching the games is completely blind to the reality of the situation.

Lesser athletes/players do not beat better athletes/players on a consistent basis. It is as simple as that.