1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is the BIG UNIT coming to San Diego

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by AnteaterCharger, Dec 26, 2006.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Randy Johnson's rocky stay in New York may be ending after two seasons. The Yankees are talking to several clubs about possibly trading Johnson and are inclined to make a deal, according to baseball officials. ... San Diego right now appears to be the most likely destination for the five-time Cy Young Award winner, but the Dodgers, Angels and Diamondbacks are all said to be in the mix. One of the officials, familiar with the ongoing discussions, used the phrase "several bona fide offers" to describe what the Yankees are mulling and said the Yankees probably would not have to include any money. In exchange for Johnson, it's possible the Yankees could be looking at San Diego reliever Scott Linebrink, a righthander they've always liked.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/483260p-406772c.html

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I think he would cost the Padres too much. Big money AND Scotty for a run-down, worn-out pitcher with no upside, who had a 5.00ERA last season. Why else would the Spankees be trying to get rid of him? They know he's done.

Wells is worn-down, etc. But he wouldnt cost us what the Bird Killer would cost. Maddux is pretty old as well, but hes a location pitcher who can eat alot of innings.

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I agree 100%

I would not trade (Using a WWE Character) for this.

Scotty To Hotty Linebrink is a big no no to trade in my book. Scotty To Hotty is to much of a value as our setup man for Hells Bells Trevor Time.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    I get the feeling that because the diamondbacks are the primary suitors this is an attempt to seriously drive up the price of Johnson

5. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I hope you are right. Johnson wants to be closer to his home in AZ, so the Snakes are closer...

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I don't see it myself...Jesus, this'll jack the age of our starting rotation right up there.:icon_eek:

Nah, jes don't see it.:no:

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Barry Zito just signed a $120 million dollar deal with the Giants. They WAY overpaid but this still pisses me off.

Fuc the Giants. :icon_evil:

8. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    yANKs want 3 pitchers in return, not gunna happen.

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    This falls into the "Not just no, but FUK NO!" category.

The guy is done and the Yanks just want to dump him and his bloated salary on some schmuck.

Give up Linebrink?? Are you freaking kidding me?

10. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    will it do more good than bad