1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Media still in love with the Ponies and Patsies?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The Ponies and Patsies have been the teams to beat in the AFC for nearly a decade but IMO, this season it will be the Chargers and Jaguars (as long as their Defensive Coordinator shows up to play.)

I wasn't impressed with the Ponies at all last season.
    The Patsies are who they are but one thing I have to give them credit for is not letting that spy gate thing be a distraction on their playing.
    I think both these teams are on their down side.

I was very impressed with the Jaguars until the horrible defensive play calling against the Patsies.
    If LT and Gates were healthy... I have no doubt that we would have won it ALL!!!

Though I think we'll continue to "EMBRACE THE HATE" because I don't think the media is finished showering their man love on the Patsies and Ponies.
    Last season, they were dying for an undefeated team... this season, they'll be pulling any strings needed for a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl. :puke:

WE ARE THE PARTY CRASHERS!!! :bolt:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    DAMN RIGHT!

Rep for you! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yes yes!! Thats what i tell everyone hear but stupid patsie fans don't believe me. But then i bring up the super bowl to make them feel bad.:abq2:

They got manning vs. manning already!! Just watch the DSRL (Double Stuffed Racing League):icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Media can KMA ans SMD for all I care.

So Fugg em all.

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

here's to another year of being the turd in the postseason punchbowl:icon_toast:

GO BOLTS!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The biggest turds in the punch bowl are certain officials.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Colts are in it for three reasons; Manning/Wayne/Clark (and harrison) and lets not forget that the Colts have the Jaguars' number like we have the Colts' number. They're in it and for a reason.

The Patriots, lets face it, they have to totally collapse this year before the media would even think of removing their lips from Bill bellichek's ***. And until someone steps up, they're the team to beat in the AFC even with us, the Browns, the Jags and others on the rise.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    When we win one we'll get the respect. Until then, enjoy crying about other teams getting more love from the media, as if it really matters.

9. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Word! Embrace the hate...

10. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Its ok the media will be in love with the broncos soon :yes: you'll see

11. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    And the Raiders too. Although your Broncos aren't quite the offseason buzzsaw that is the Oakland Raiders.

Are the Broncos going to hire a GM before the draft?

Tootles

• Like Like x 1
  12. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I Could Care Less About The Media Being In Love With Them.........Thank God I Have A Place Like This I Can Come To For The News And Discussions I CARE To Talk About..:abq1::abq2::icon_toast:

13. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I think ESPN being from Bristol, Conn has a lot to do with their (and the rest of the media's) obsession with Red Sox/ Patriots. Why do we have to have days of annoying commentary on Manny Ramirez off-season antics and Tom Brady's choice of hats? It gets old quick. Even when LT was having his super TD record season, I didn't need to hear of it constantly. Atleast they didn't start over-obsessing with his every move, it would've taken away from what he's known for... humble and all-business.

The Colts have Manning and Dungy. Clean image and goody-goody. Not too bad I guess in my opinion, better those guys than T.O. again. Not too much off-the-field bullshit to take away from their on-field prowess. Better than the "look-at-me" attitudes of some people.

I can live without the media's gushing. Just some due respect, and I'll be good.

14. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    No were going to take an approach with Out a GM in the Draft..I think shanny can handle himself :tup:

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    River
    Chambers
    Gates
    Jackson
    Tomlinson
    Sproles

Too many weapons. Go back and watch the X-mas eve game, the colts playoff game. Rivers has confidence in Jackson and Chambers. Gates will be healthy, the sky is the limit.

That is without oogling over the defense...

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Your sig of Denver's SB rings remind me of seeing a Roman legion's Totem in a musem. It was a splendid reminder that Rome was once a proud military power.

But like the Bronco's greatness, that too is ancient history.

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:tup::tup::tup:

embrace the hate baby!!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

18. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh thats funny because it just reminds me of the Chargers eating donuts :icon_rofl: Ok that wasn't that funny but really you don't even know how it feels when your team wins the Super Bowl and thats a shame :no:

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No need to feel shame for us. We will have that feeling at least two times within the next threes seasons and don't worry... We'll sweep you again and again!!! :bolt:

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Why don't you sell your season tickets and buy yourself some Disney passes. That way there will be no need for your tearful posts about about fan behavior!!!

Better yet, you can start your own Disney forum and cry about the long lines.

21. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok if the bolts sweep us whats going to happen:icon_shrug:Your team ends up 11-5 make it to the playoffs and just lose again:icon_banana:

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

As I recall, we made it to the AFC Championship last season.

Like I said in the other post "you and your Donko folks can join Retards fans and talk about your old rings through the entire post season. Because that's all you'll have to do as we win it ALL!!!" :bolt:

Donks will be extremely lucky to finish at 6-10.

23. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    At least we have Rings :icon_rofl:

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Seems to me you are overly happy about not making it to the playoffs and losing.

So do you expect your words to carry any weight based on the fact that you are trying to say we should be ashamed that our team made it to the AFC Championship game and lost?

Our shame pales in comparison to yours at the moment. Thanks for playing.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    And what will you say when we have rings?

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :hilarious: :hilarious:

27. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    "At least we have rings."

The argument of failure.

Orangeman, do you honestly think we give a **** about your rings? IDo you honestly think we've never heard that one before? At least we have rings. Guess what? Having nice things obviuosly hasn't made you any less of an ***. I mean, congrats on winning the Super Bowl and everything, but that's like 10 years ago. You were probably still in preschool then.

If you're gonna smack, go to the smack forum. Otherwise stop tooting your own horn to a bunch of people who honestly don't give a **** and STFU.

28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Also, how many years did the Broncos get OWNED in the playoffs before they won? How many SB losses before you finally won one? I still remember what a joke your team was for being failures before they won it all.

As soon as we do (and we will), you'll have NOTHING to say to us, so enjoy it while you can.

29. OrangeMan

OrangeMan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    What?! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl: Lets be real you guys are good but come on Super Bowl rings :lol:

30. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    "Whereof what’s past is prologue, what to come
    In yours and my discharge."

What Antonio says in the Tempest applies to your upcoming season, accept that you guys are a tempest in a tea cup right now. I bet you're listening to "The Boss" right now, singing "Glory Days". Put sack of quarters in the juke box and listen to it all night while you cry in your beer. Us, we are looking FORWARD to the upcoming season, cherishing the image of our guys staring down at a prostrate QB, with a broken down nag on the side of his helmet.