1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is their a time deadline for the chargers to stay in San diego

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by House of Hayne, Apr 27, 2015.

1. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    if so what is the deadline so we know for sure what's going to happen to our team. I don't have a clue. I just want to know so all this :poop: stops. So we all can be happy we stay in SD or we deal with moving. I for one am a little tired of it all

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Well the Mayor's task force is supposed to have their proposal ready by May 20th. We than can expect the Chargers and NFL brass to mull over the details. I haven't heard anything sold after that but on the Xtrasports1360, the Cannons have said and was backed up by Fabiani that the final green light to L.A/Stadium build could be known as soon as August.

I however don't believe that August deadline and think news will fall after the season. The 2016 rush to L.A still needs a lot of checkpoints to be cleared for approval to be had by 3/4 of the Owners.

The Saint Louis Rams on the other hand are a different story...

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    May 20th is the deadline for the stadium committee to have the report ready stating where they want the stadium and how it is to be financed.

4. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    That's what I thought
    I'm just tired of the Back and forth just want it done

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    a window for teams to apply for relocation for the upcoming year closes sometime in february I believe

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    Blah......blah......blah...... wake me when it's over. :rolleyes:

;)

7. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Before you fall back asleep, I've got to raise some awareness regarding the news today that The NFL will no longer be a tax exempt entity as (I think) that they (NFL) voluntarily gave up that status. Now as a none-profit, the federal tax filings become a matter of public record, including the salary of Roger Goodell which sums up to $79 Millions in the past two years.

Call me a conspiracy theorist on this issue, but I reckon that there are some dark and sinister forces at work to marshal some teams away from their home markets (Chargers possibly included) to more lucrative markets. It is better to pay the Federal taxes (only working stiffs pay 25%, whereas the very wealthy pay actually as little as 0% to 10-12%) than to have the backdoor dealings scrutinized.

I just find it very interesting that the NFL decided to go into tax cloak mode, as soon an LA Stadium deal is increasingly becoming more realistic. As the old saying goes, "just follow the money" or in this case, try to follow something which you will no longer be privy to ;)