1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a middle ground?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I for one have been sick to death of fans of opposing teams coming to our house from about 98-04 and being disrespectful.
    Everybody has their stories (especially when it comes to Donkos and Retards.) Them saying "It's our house," bullying our fans, vandalizing our stadium, etc.

Anyway... I'm glad to see that it has changed over the past three seasons but one thing I saw last night that I didn't like, was some guy following two fans (one in Patsies colors and the other in Donkos colors) and basically chasing them out of the stadium. Telling them "I'll kick your *** if you return to your seat. You're not welcome in San Diego."
    They were female fans too. So I have a hard time thinking they were starting trouble.

Now I am extremely glad to see that WE WILL NOT STAND FOR BEING DISRESPECTED IN OUR OWN HOUSE!!!!! :bolt: :bolt:

BUT... I don't want to see Chargers fans become Retards fans either!!! :icon_evil:

Is there a middle ground?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Charger Chick

Charger Chick Queen of LOL

Ratings:
    +124
    I have noticed a bit of that too.. I tend to think it is a bit due to the teams popularity as of late. It has brought a new crowd with it. You could feel it this season. The first few games I was having a cow because the "new" fans didn't seem to know to shut the F up during offense lol..

I do like the fact that we don't have the opposing fans practically out numbering us anymore.

I am with you though, I don't want to see San Diego fans getting the rep of raiDUH fans. *shivers*

P.S.

Thank you sooooooooo much for the jump/cables Monday, I made it home, wooohoooo!! *It died again the minute I turned it off once I got there tho. haha..* New battery tomorrow. It was cool meeting your Mom at the game. What did she think of our crazy gang? hehe

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I've been noticing an increase in "gangsta" Chargers fans. Leave that **** for Raiderfan fellas.

CC is right, team is hot, more people want to get on the wagon, and with all the "new" fans we're bound to have a higher than normal retard ratio at the game. Plus, alot of new season ticket holders this season means alot of people who may or may not know the fan participation rules, ie. when to make noise, ect.

Slowly but surely the city's football IQ is rising, but what you gotta keep in mind is that most of us (for the most part) probably already have higher football IQ's than the average Chargers fan.

Eventually, as success continues, the climate will change. I for one LOVE the rabid crowds, the more hostile, the better, just be sure to aim your hate at the opponents, respectfully, but always remember it's just a game.

4. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Gangsta fans suck, kinda hard to avoid em' in SD though.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Dude, you nailed it! :icon_toast:

The way I see it, to get respect, you gotta give respect. Seeing the dwindling number of opposing fans show up does make me happy. BUT, following two fans around the stadium is bush league, radersesque crap.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I see no problem with picking on opposing teams fans, if done in the right way, teasing them when they're getting their *** handed to them, ect. but to stalk them, that's low. I let anyone who sits near me and sports opposing teams colors the business, but I don't curse, and I don't throw ****. Usually a good "SCOREBOARD!!!" does the trick.

7. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    That's how it should be done, maybe you locals should start a "welcome to the bandwaggon" and "proper Q behavior" remedial courses.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    i think that passing that course for most of those idiots would be extremely difficult

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Some on this board as well.

10. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Before you buy a new battery you may want to get the alternator looked at...basically it recharges the battery while the car is running. If it doesn't work right, then the battery never recharges and loses its charge. Even if you buy a new battery the problem would persist if the alternator's not working.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is something which should be common sense. Fans are going to act unruly at all the games no matter the stadium. All you can do is take care of your little corner and that is about it. Lead by example.

It is rare I ever yell into our own section because someone is a dick but it is a well behaved section. The TV crews are right there filming from the 50 in a wooden press box.

Anyway, this was the FIRST Monday Night Football game on Christmas Eve ever in the NFL and the 3rd X_mas Eve game the Chargers have played in (according to the UT and the 1090).

When we have the playoffs sewn up and it is MNF on X-Mas Eve, that is exactly what I expected. Good and bad. It has been like that since the team was born.

Asking for a middle ground is something which is wishful thinking.

To get rid of the idiots at any game, you are talking about nuking 99.99999% of the fan base.

12. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Now we're onto something, how do we legally do such a thing?

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have seen embarassing **** from our fans as well as the away teams fans.

If there is anything you should know about going to a football game since the dawn of time is that you need to have thick skin.

If you are sensitive about human nature, then stay away from the games.

If you expect to see everyone act like Mary Poppins', then watch a Disney flick.

At times I get the feeling fans expect to hear a church revival where no one swears.

Football LIVE is not for everyone and especially those who rule from the comforts of their couches. :bolt:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    put them all together in a concentrated place and then drop a bomb 'by accident'?

15. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I am aware of the behavior, and don't have a problem attending away games, I was called a *** by 5k dudes wearing purple jerseys in Baltimore, while my wife and I walked through every parking section to get to the chargers tg. In DC several rednecks tried to talk shyt but they were easily punked down by a few braincells and my wicked tongue.

It's just instances like the one originally posted that upset me, thick skin is a must I agree, but they paid for thier damn ticket, noone has a right to do what was done.

16. Charger Chick

Charger Chick Queen of LOL

Ratings:
    +124

Ohh yeah.. Good idea.. The battery is over 5 years old, so I could use a new one anyway, but I will have the alternator looked at too. I think that's a bumper to bumper item lol. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  17. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I remember the 05 Charger game here in DC quite well and have been to a few games at the Ex over the years (and RFK before that).

The majority of the Redskins fans will let you be (as long as you aren't acting stupid) and are willing to trade some good-natured zingers now and then; but I do remember having to dodge stuff being thrown at me as well as listening to some pretty disgusting comments, by a select few a$$holes which do not bear repeating. Unfortunately, this is typical for FedEx, unless you are a Cowboy or Eagle fan since they travel in large enough numbers to be a factor.

But, with that said, nothing shuts 'em up faster than beating them on the scoreboard...

18. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I took the bus from the raddison with a bunch of mexican dudes who flew in for the game, we finished out case of beer in front of the main entrance apparently. So we had about 60 thousand skins fans to jaw jack at, most of it was fine, but some of em were calling the guys I was with spicks and other derogatory names although they could defend themselves. Baltimore was much worse though.

19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    It's too bad that not everyone has the ability to see where the line should be drawn:no:

I Love us taking back the Murph/Q though:abq1::flag: