1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is This Game Sold Out??!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I haven't heard any of the naysayers on this, but is this upcoming game in jeaopardy of being blacked out? Not that I would worry about it, I'm in there rooting and being raucous for my Bolts! Any word on this?

Pointy :icon_twisted:

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Last night on the Rock 105.3 post game show, they said about 1500 tickets were left.

I think it's safe to say it will be a sell out. :icon_toast:

3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    About 1k left this AM last I heard.

4. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Ive done my part and have gotten my tix!! Cant wait for this game...We have at least 12 of us going to the game --

Bubba, wish you could go!!!

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I got my tickets for this game the day single game tickets went on sale. :lol:

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I take it your Bengals loving brother is nervous about this one.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    The Vikings game killed his spirits some. :no:

8. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    We have double digit wins...there is blood in the water...the fans will come out!

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I tried to buy two tickets last week, and I could not find two together. Only singles and really expensive club seats were left.

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    No need to worry.

KFMB will buy the remaining 1000 tickets for $75 each, or $75,000 if they need to do so. They can easily garner $300,000 to $400,000 from the advertising revenue for the game.

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The seats that are left do not cost $75. The ones left are single seats and club seats that cost more than $200/ticket. I tried to by two tickets to this game as early as Monday of last week and there were not two reasonably priced tickets together. I had to buy them through stubhub.

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Blackout lifted for Chargers game

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Chargers announced Thursday morning that enough tickets have been sold for Sunday’s game with Cincinnati at Qualcomm Stadium to lift the television blackout throughout Southern California.

The game will be televised on CBS at 1:05 p.m. with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms announcing.

It will be the 46th straight regular season or postseason Chargers home game shown on local TV, a club record. The last blackout was in November 2004.

According to the club, there are about 5,500 tickets remaining for the final regular season home game Jan. 3 against Washington.

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Club seats do not figure for/against a blackout.

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    yes it is

blackout lifted

http://chargersmedia.com/blackout-lifted-for-chargers-bengals

Dec 17 / 10:16am
    Blackout lifted for Chargers-Bengals
    Posted by email

Local TV blackout lifted;
    Southern California to see Chargers-Bengals

Enough tickets have been sold to lift the local television blackout and allow Southern California to see the CBS telecast of the Chargers-Bengals game on Sunday, Dec. 20 at Qualcomm Stadium. Kickoff is 1:05 p.m. PT. The game will be televised in San Diego on KFMB-TV, Channel 8 and in Los Angeles on KCBS-TV, Channel 2. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call the play-by-play action.

A limited number of tickets, including many Club Level tickets, are still available at the Chargers’ ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium, at www.Chargers.com and through TicketMaster at 800-745-3000.

This weekend’s game is the 46th consecutive regular season or postseason Chargers home game to be televised live in Southern California, the longest streak in team history.

There are approximately 5,500 tickets remaining for the Chargers’ final regular season home game on Sunday, Jan. 3 versus the Washington Redskins.

Fans are urged to use mass transit or carpool, and arrive EARLY. To avoid heavy traffic around the stadium on Interstates 8 and 15, fans can reach the stadium via the Friars Rd. East exit off of Highway 163. The parking lot at Qualcomm Stadium will open at 9:00 am for general parking and 8:00 am for those with pre-purchased permits. The lot is expected to fill and close early.