1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is This Season Over?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LakeShow, Nov 12, 2011.

1. LakeShow

LakeShow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes, we have seen bad starts before but something about this season is different. Last year we had trouble we had trouble on special teams and the year before it was defense, but we could always feel confident about winning with Rivers playing well and our overall talent. However, because of our decline with losing players like Sproles I have no confidence in our this year. We don't have a leader to pull us out of a hole like this, this is why we need a new HC, in bad times good coaches inspire their team to play with passion. I have no faith that this team can come back and make the playoffs this year let alone make some noise in the playoffs, however this is my opinion, what do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    it aint over till its over!

plain and simple. whether we lose out or win out, thats about as obvious as can be. unfortunately ive had to witness fans throw in the towel early as could be in the season, only to jump right back on the bandwagon when the chargers go on a run and even make the playoffs. luckily the chargers always fall short of the super bowl so fans can all go back to saying i told you so. sometimes i pretend i could do something about it too though.....you know management decisions regarding the chargers. then i remember im just some ******* with a jersey. haha. go bolts!

my voice needs some recovery time.

• Like Like x 3
  3. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I thought the season was only half over?

4. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    unless we somehow go 7-0 or 6-1, the postseason is out of the question. Chances are, the season's over.

5. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Kinda.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    yea thats true. we got badasses in this division.

now what happens should they make the postseason is what you gotta brace for.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SD Superchargerz

SD Superchargerz His smokeness

Ratings:
    +2
    IDK. I think we could win the division at 8-8 again. I don't see us doin it this time but its possible. Still if we do I see an early playoff exit.

8. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    We have proven that we can't dominate a team. So.....

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    In terms of what the goal should be i.e. win it all, then yes. Could we scrape through to the playoffs and lose early, maybe just maybe. I gotta admit though, this org needs a complete re-tool starting with finding us a proper HC and DC, then some players with attitude, screw the choir boys. Until then I am trying to distance myself from the current regime. I don't need any more heart-break.

• Like Like x 3
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Deano never makes a move until after the season is over. If Norv is going to take the fall, I rather it be sooner than later. Whatever happens from here on out isn't going to make much difference, there is something wrong deep inside the bowels of this club and it ain't just a case of bad gas.

11. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Looking at the fact we are one game out of first, the short answer is no. But a deeper examination shows some troubling signs, both short and long term.

There are clearly gaping holes on both sides of the ball -- PR is having a horrible year by his standards, but that truthfully is the least of our worries. Injuries have exposed our lack of depth, some key players are starting to show signs of age (I'm talking to you Quentin Jammer), AJ has misfired big time on several high picks and some guys seem to just disappear for long stretches either due to inability to stay healthy or questionable work ethic.

If the Chargers make the playoffs -- and that is a big if -- I don't think they match up well with potential Wild Cards from the AFC North (the division might send both slots), the Jets, Raiders or Bills. It would likely mean a quick exit, possibly the retention of the current administration and another yet mid-range pick. It might be a case akin to painting over rusted sheetmetal -- it might look good for a little bit, until it completely disintegrates.

I don't want to (and will not) root for my team to crash and burn, but it might very well take something like that to start the process of rebuilding and revitalizing the Chargers into the team we want them to be.

• Like Like x 1
  12. allendas

allendas Bolts 2013!!!

Ratings:
    +6
    It's close real close ,gonna have to win the west to make the playoffs ,we all n
    know that.Playoffs..Playoffs did some one say playoffs ?

13. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Man threads like this just depress the hell out of me. Then I realize that it might be true. :(

Man this season has been rough!

14. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Mane Chicago's defense got 2 pick 6's on Matthew Stafford and Hester returned a Punt for a TD .... The Chargers may be in trouble against Chicago next week :unsure: if we turn the ball over

15. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    I just don't see where that's coming from. As horrible as the Chargers have been of late
    (and Rivers' play is the worst I've ever seen from him, so I'm hardly 'Johnny Optimistic' right now)
    the Chargers only trail one team, by one game, with 7 games to go, and they even get to PLAY that team.
    A team that also has yet to prove that it's genuinely an over .500 team.

Again, the Chargers look like crap this year, but the bizarre mediocrity (Hell, the Broncos
    pulled into a three-way tie for 2nd place, on the road today, by completeing exactly TWO passes!)
    of the AFC West makes it ANYONE's division right now. No one is out of it.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
  17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Yes the season is over. Even if we do scrape out a wildcard appearance we have absolutely zero chance of winning anything meaningfull, which given our expectations the last 7 years is unfuckingacceptable.

Time to accept that the Chargers are falling back into anonymity.

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The Lions, Ravens, and Bills all **** the bed today, and the Jags offense sucks.
    Don't underestimate the possibility of other teams to play worse than the Chargers ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Same was evident last year as well. The Chargers are, and have been for awhile, soft and need to rebuild so that they can make a run in the playoffs.

20. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Norv lost this team when Rex called him out. That killed whatever leadership Norv had on this team. I see the Bolts 5-12.

21. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    anyone that says this season is over doesnt deserve the right to state their opinion on this forum... were outta first by 1 game

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Hey, I had the same reaction...but...well...this IS America, where we pride
    ourselves on our First Amendment, etc., so I can't quite go along with the
    "doesnt deserve the right to state their opinion" part. But since it is such a
    ridiculous position, how about a compromise? Anyone arguing that the season
    is actually over for a team 1 game back, with 7 to go, has to begin their posts with:
    "Maybe it's the concussion talking, but..." :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I could live with one 5-11 season if its enough to get Norv and AJ out. Plus drafting high in each round is just a nice cherry on top, we are long overdue to land a star player in the draft.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Look, we both know you're just pulling this one out of your butt,
    (I mean, since there's ZERO evidence that any Charger players changed after Ryan's comment)
    but at least pretend like you know that an NFL season is 16 games.
    (it's a sad day when someone like matilack has to gently correct you...diplomacy's not his calling card)

Yes, I'm sure Charger vets were really crushed when Rexy "called out" Norv. ;)
    After all, if we know anything, it's that Rex "I've already won my 3rd Super Bowl" Ryan's
    word is gospel in NFL circles. See how he faked us all out tonight, losing by
    3 touchdowns at home...to lull the other teams into a false sense of security?
    The man's a genius. And taken 100% seriously! :roflmao:

25. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Who will make the right selection though?, John Spanos!!?.

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Who died?????

27. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Hopefully they don't try to stay in the family if they're looking to rebuild.

28. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Charger Girls Alexa Spanos, Deana Spanos, Michaela Spanos,
    Joanna Spanos, A.H. Spanos, Nia Vardalos Spanos, Tawnie Spanos
    and Starkesha Spanos share your hope that ownership might
    go outside 'the family'...

29. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    The 8-8 season a few years ago will show you that it isn't over until it is mathematically impossible. However the division has looked more equal this season than for quite some time.

30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Dean's kid is all but guaranteed to take over as GM once AJ is gone (Whether he is fired or fulfills his contract). Unfortunately, I doubt there is another option that even has a chance