1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is this where we have our annual melt down?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rickochey, Oct 9, 2012.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,896
    The 2010 defense was #1 in the league.

At least statistically.

2. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    So you're saying every year it's the same... except last year.... and of course, this year. :confused:

So if we don't go on a losing streak now... predictable, predictable predictable would be wrong, wrong, wrong.

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    Good point.

Let's just quit watching the games since it's already in the books what's going to happen.

Why bother wasting our time if it's an obvious repeat?

4. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    the records are facts go looooooooooooooooooooooook it up,:geek:

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Yes, it is the annual "FAN" MELTDOWN" in fact it's a little late in blooming this year. The 3-1 start threw the chicken little's off about two weeks so they're making up for lost time at this point.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    you mean we have had more time to practice so that we get it right?

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I've never known you to be a "chicken little" but you've seemed to have crossed the line in your own words of late. My biggest concern for the Chargers now, and always has been, is no true defensive threat since the original "fearsome foursome". Yes, the Chargers did have the original and they now have the makings of the newest version if this team can survive this season. I'd hate to see Pagano leave if Norv gets axed after this campaign.

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Bye week couldn't come at a better time!

9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    way too many losing season's have taken their toll on me. All I want is the Chargers to hoist a Lombardi before I die, I turn 56 on Monday.

10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I'd like them to win a Lombardy before my dad dies, he turned 64 this year.

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Happy Birthday, I've already past that mile marker and know how you feel. If Dean blows this thing up at the end of the year we may have to hold off on checking out anytime soon. Most of the pieces are in place to make a drive and I believe a breakout is in the making.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    we have a great team, I dont think they are being used correctly, and thanks on the Birthday wishes

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Thats great I lost my dad back in 1982 after losing his battle with cancer.

14. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I'm sorry for your loss, I'm morbidly afraid of the prospect of losing my father, even though it's eventually going to happen, I'm just not remotely emotionally prepared for that. He needs to live to be at least 130.

15. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +252
    I'm not too down on this last game. The poor officiating had a part in it, as did a rookie mistake from Ingram, but we had some good parts, and should've won it. If we can take care of business against Denver and head into the bye at 4-2 then we're looking good, especially considering we'd be 3-0 in our division if that is the case.

How many of us before the season started would've accepted 4-2 with a 3-0 division record? I know I would, that'd be a good start in my opinion...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I just lost my mother last year. After watching my dad shrivel up for months because of the cancer, I was ready to see him go because he was not the same person. I did not want to see him suffer anymore.

Anyway getting back on the subject, like I said a few posts ago, having seen in person close to 300 Charger games has taken its toll on me. Having to walk out of that stadium after watching another gut wrenching loss was getting harder every single time. My patience had worn thin and I have snapped way to early now these days. My bark is worse than my bite. Let me see a Lombardi in San Diego and things will be much better!

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    Yeah. Facts of the past.

That doesn't make them facts of what will transpire in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    It's the San Diego curse. It doesn't matter who the HC is the only constant is. The most unbelievable and first time ways to lose a game will always happen to the chargers. You don't even have to be a fan of the Bolt's to know this is true, just look up their history and NFL rule changes and you'll find the Chargers. Paging Father Joe!!!!!

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    The only sport to win anything was the Sockers in the indoor soccer leagues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    I'd also like to think that if we're counting indoor soccer that the 1963 AFL champions also count.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    Anyway, the team that just beat us Sunday night is living proof that just because a city goes without championships for what seems like eons that it doesn't mean it's never going to happen in the future.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Oh it counts as far as we the Charger fans are concerned, but bring it up to someone with a Lombardi, and they laugh. And yes the Gulls have won a few of those trophies also. But once again we count them, no one else does as they only think of those trophies as being from Minor league teams nothing from a Major league team.

24. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Wouldn't it be nice if they could live forever? :)

Wish my Dad could have seen the Bolts hoist the Lombardi. Even watching regular season games isn't the same without him around.

You'll never be prepared but I hope it doesn't happen to you for a super super long long time, if ever. It sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  25. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    And to think I missed every single game they ever played. I did go to Mariners and gulls games though. Good times.
    Hell, I even went to a Conquistadors game once, only to see Joe Walsh and the Beach Boys after the game. That was the best 2.50 cent ticket I ever purchased.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    You seem to have totally missed my point. I am saying you are wrong.

Something can't be the "same every year" when it hasn't been the same the last two years.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    Most of those people that will laugh at the AFL championship and refuse to count the Gulls championships would probably do just the same if you bring up indoor soccer championships to them.

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    because San Diego no longer has an NBA team, the only Championships that count must be won by the Chargers or Padres. Nothing else matters.

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'd say it would be most people that didn't grow up in San Diego. My first professional sporting event was the PCL Padres in an exhibition game in the brand new Jack Murphy Stadium. I went to many Gulls and Mariner games, what a blast that was. I was never into basketball on any level and soccer never appealed to me but it was sure fun watching highlights from the San Diego Soccer's and their championships. Then again, I love racing any many people don't think of it as a sport, so to each their own and keep on truckin!

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    I don't disagree with this. Those are also the only two I'd care about even if San Diego had other sports. Or at least care about most.

But this discourse started when you mentioned the indoor soccer championships.

I was only mentioning other championships that are on par with that.