1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is tom brady most overrated qb of all time?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Sep 16, 2011.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I think so. I've been saying for years he is a system qb. The only reason he won 3 superbowls(all by only 3 points) was that the pats cheated!

2. setanta74

setanta74 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Dunno about that. I think he's a very good QB. No doubt he has had a strong team around him but take him out of the Pats and I still think he would do a job for someone and a very good one at that.

I would however agree he is not in the class of on the ones mentioned and even Manning.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    No. Stupid thread.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    3 rings in 4 trips to the Superbowl, with a perfect regular season on his resumé? “Overrated” is not exactly the word I would use.

After all, Hall of Famer John Elway is widely considered to be one of the best QBs in NFL history, and he only has 2 rings in his 5 Superbowl trips.

As for the “system” argument, there is some merit to it, supported by the fact that Matt Cassell (who basically sucks) won 11 games in the season that Brady went down, but this was a team that was 1 season removed from nearly being 19-0, and the only “piece” missing was Brady. I think we can all agree that although Tom Brady comes off as an effeminate, whiny punk at times, he is a very talented NFL quarterback.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Tom Brady is good, but he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread and I really feel that this year there will be a shift in power. However until he retires, he will be the NFLs golden boy and the mediots will continue to slurp him. I literally just went on a rant about the Pats on my blog. I hate how ESPN slurps the Pats and Cowboys. The Pats have won one playoff game since going undefeated in 2007, and the Cowboys have two playoff wins (and about a dozen playoff no shows) in the last 15 years.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    They weren't undefeated, the lost the Super Bowl :)

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Tom is an excellent QB. A jerk-wad IMO, but an excellent QB. He has what 3 rings? His team is poised every year to take the AFC. I dont think someone can argue he is over rated.

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    A little Patriot/Brady envy, perhaps? How have the Chargers done during that time? See you in Foxboro on Sunday.

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I would have to disagree with this thread. Tom isn't overrated. The guy is the best qb out there. He's clutch when it matters most.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    He is a great QB, it is silly to argue otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    no.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I'm just curious. What is it about Tom Brady that would cause you to call him a jerk-wad? His wife? His real estate buying and selling skills? His ability to stay out of the public eye for the most part, or do you simply not like the guy? His hair? I don't understand your "jerk-wad" characterization.

13. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm incredibly jealous of Brokeback Brady. The Chargers have done won two games in that span. If my math is correct 2 > 1, so I think we've had more success in the playoffs. Not by much, but it's still more.

14. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Refusing to shake hands after losing (on several occasions) for one. "Haha were only going to score 17 points, really?" For another. Just his demeanor in general he seems like a cockbag.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Stupid comments like "I just like to score a lot of points". I dont like him, he comes off and an arrogant jerk wad to me. I wonder if he would like to see another QB at the podium joking about scoring a lot of points and passing for 517 yards if the roles were reversed. As I recall he wasnt too happy when the Chargers stopped their home winning streak and commented on it. No class, that is Brady in my honest opionion.

I dont give a rodents hairless tail about his wife, hair, demples or real estate ventures.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    What should he say? I want to thank God for allowing me to play well, and I want to thank my mom and dad for bringing me up well and teaching me right from wrong and my high school coach for teaching me how to pass for yardage. Boring.

I like to drink beer....is that being a "jerk-wad?" Name one QB who doesn't like to score points. Hell...you love it when Rivers scores points, and you certainly let the world know about it in here....why are you any different from Brady?

Bogus stuff, Conc....Brady envy.:D

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    how about we are sick and tired of "TOMMY BABY" crying.

2 Quarterbacks with knee problems. Philip Rivers played witha torn ACL.

Tom Brady went down with his knee injury and you could see the tears in his eyes. The next season comes around and do you see Philip Rivers complaining about any lineman that comes within a foot of him? Tom Brady every time a line man comes within a foot of his knee, he wants a flag thrown. How about we shave that flag up Toms arse? What a whiney little biatch!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    He
    Air it out, boys. It's good to vent your anger.

NB...it seems almost like TOMMY BABY knows how to game a system to his advantage. No? Bottom line MVP. Three rings. Records. Riches. The American dream. :D

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You are welcome to your opinion...

20. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Clutch? Ha.

He had how long in that Superbowl against the Giants to lead his team down the field to score? The Patriots would have won had he not overthrown a his receiver twice.

Brady's 3 rings are all in question because of the cheating allegations. It also doesn't help that after those allegations were brought to light that he failed to win a SB against a mediocre Giants team.

Brady is a good QB, but he's not great. You could take any of the other top 10 QBs in the league and put them in New England and they'd do just as good, if not better.

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    you must be a politician you avoided the issue

22. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Well if someone crying from disappointment is the issue, I'll beg off. I don't have a problem with athletes getting emotional like that...you know like Brett Favre did.

Here...you will probably enjoy this. The #1 crybaby might come as a surprise. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCtYxiiqGaE

23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You're thinking of Ben Roethlisberger.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Brady is hardly overrated, but this is not the reason why he's not overrated.

This kind of thinking is the exact reason why Ben Roethlisberger, on the other hand, IS overrated.

• Like Like x 1
  25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407

And Dan Marino has zero rings. Trent Dilfer has one ring.

I wonder if it has something to do with football being a team sport.

26. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Hahaha I laughed at TO on that top 10 crybabies video

27. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    This.

28. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    He just recently turned on the faucets on some talk show...he was whining about his financial situation.

29. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    I don't get it. How do you just blow millions? How in the hell?

30. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Entourages and women are expensive.