1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Trent green going to have success in Miami?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Jun 10, 2007.

?

Is Trent Green going to have success in Miami?

1. yes!

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. no

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No.

One shot to his noodle and he will be wearing a drool cup. :yes:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont see it. Miami has a lot of holes to paych on their levy.

3. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I dont think so, he looked like a diffrent QB after the injury and hes not going to have a great line,RB although brown is good hes no Larry johsnon, No big elite TE anymore. Hes got two serviceable WR but chambers drops alot of passes and marty booker is solid.

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I don't think Green is really being brought in to "have success" as a starter in Miami. I think he's being brought in to hold down the fort and help implement Cam's offense until Beck is ready to step in. If Dolphins fans are realistic they'll know it's going to be a 3-4 year process before their offense can realistically rise to elite status. Beck is the future, not Green. Beck is also 25 already, so the Phish need to get him up-to-speed as quickly as possible. The best way to do that is to bring in a savvy vet to show him how to be a QB in the NFL. We saw how well it worked with PR.

So I guess my answer to the poll would have to be "no," though I think it depends on your definition of "success."

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Cam will choke so , no

6. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Wrong thread ..... bong girl ..... :icon_rofl:

7. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Looking at their schedule, Miami could easily wind up with the #1 draft choice in 2008. Fortunately, (for them), they have a chance to beat the Faiders at their own house to save them having to pay that big paycheck.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    doubt he will, I think part of the reason he had success was the great TE and OL in KC
    Green is talented but he's just about out of gas (and you could tell such) and in addition he's playing with a rather poor OL. At least now he'll have two pretty decent WRs to throw to

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I smell missionary in the NFL cannibal pot.

10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I think he will

He has more weapons in miami than he did in KC and has a OC/HC who knows how to put a QB in a good position to succeed and has experience with him

With Cam and Houck in Miami, i really see Brown having a big breakout year, something like 1300 yards, 10 TDs and he is a very good receiver out of the backfield

Plus with Chambers and Ginn, they might have the fastest WR core in the NFL, not the best, but defiantly one of the fastest

I could easily see him having a big season next year

11. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Miami, Minnesota, Houston ..... maybe even Pittsburgh will all challenge Oakland for the #1 pick in the 2008 draft.

12. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    This is from the Chiefs site:

Trent Green will make $6 million this season, with an extra $2.45 million available in incentives. He's scheduled to make $13.5 million if he sticks around for three years. Wow. Green will be one of the higher paid quarterbacks in the league despite coming off a serious injury at age 37. The salary is a sign that Miami still sees Green as a top-shelf option, not a placeholder until John Beck is ready.

Does this mean Miami will pay $6 million this year to Green?

13. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That's a blurb from Green's page at Rotoworld.com.

The source article is from Peter King at SI.com.

It sure sounds like he's making $6 mill (or more) this year. I saw a good breakdown on base/signing bonus etc ..... but can't find it now. I do think the Dolphins overpaid.

14. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the info.

So the Dolphins have the similar problem as the Chargers had couple years ago: Brees and Rivers. Could the Dolphins keep both Trent and CP? It would mean fork out 6 mil each. Money sometimes does grow on trees.

15. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The Dolphins won't keep Culpepper. If they don't trade him, he'll be released.

16. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Does releasing Culpepper cause a lot of money?

17. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Not sure. I haven't looked to see if Miami gave any bonus to Culpepper or re-worked his contract after last year's trade. I really don't care enough about him, or the Fish cap status (because they suck) to worry about it. You could check Culpepper's page at Rotoworld and see if the Fish gave him any bonus that needs to be amortized, or taken as a dead space cap hit (over two years, per the June 1st rule) if he's traded or cut.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Culpepper wants his release, the Dolphins want to see if they can get something for him

That tug of war will probably go on for a few more months

As of now its Green, Lemon and Beck on the dolphin depth chart

19. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    It means Miami's management has lost their minds.....not that they havent made stupid moves in the past.

20. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

Culpepper is due to make 5.5 million this year and he has said he WILL NOT restructure his contract.

He got a bonus but i dont know what it was and he is due 5.5 mil this year.

• Like Like x 1
  21. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Culpepper just injured his hand in an auto accident.

That is an interesting twitch.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think that team is going to suck for quite awhile.
    They take problem players off of other team's hands such as Williams and Boston. Then they use thier #1 draft pick of a kick off returner because his dad is friends with their GM.

Green will suffer due to lack of talent around him.
    Cam might have success in a few years but the GM has to scout better talent.

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Do the Dolphins remind anyone of the '72/'73 Chargers at the moment? Getting a physically beaten down quarterback and over paying for used up players?