1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It’s when…and win!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Nov 21, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    It’s when…and win!

BE AWARE, POSITIVE POST!

It’s not how many wins you have after 10 games. It’s not how good you play in week one. It’s all about when. When is your team playing its best football? As long as you have enough wins to get you into the dance, it’s about when…

In recent history, we have the Pittsburgh Steelers…The 05 Steelers were looking bleak at week 13 They were 7-5 with very little chance of a playoff birth having just lost to the division leader Cincy who were sitting at 9-3…The rest of the league was holding tough for the wild card spots. At this point the Ravens were 9-3 the Broncos were 9-3 the Chiefs and Chargers were both 8-4.

More recently we have the storied end of the season of the Colorado Rockies…

They played great baseball when they had to and made it to the big dance…This is what it’s all about…We are at week 10 with 6 to go. I don’t give a damn who is on our schedule, how bad we want the coach gone, or how bad we want Volek to start.

If this team decides to pull their collective heads outta their collective asses, we can win and go deep into the playoffs.

Last year, we played our worst football at the end of the season which we all know lead to a very early departure from the playoffs. We are in a position to make it to the seasons end tournament; we just need to play our best football NOW.

We have the personnel to get this done. I would not be surprised if we finished 5-11 or 11-5 or anywhere in between. This season has shown me that it’s not about how many pro bowlers you have, it’s about the team. It has also shown me that we have what it takes but we lack consistency.

My question to the Chargers is…if not now, then when?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    What the hell is this ****!?

A positive post! WTF!!!!

J/k great post TBF!

• Like Like x 1
  3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Good post TBF!!!:icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    TBF, I applaud your positivity and I'll rep you for this post. :tup:

But...I am tired of hearing comparisons to other teams and what THEY did. Looking at what other teams did and playing the "what if..." game is too late. Sure, the situations are the same, but the teams aren't. The team we have is the team we have. Only they can decide if they want it bad enough.

• Like Like x 2
  5. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    If they don't play well now, then they can forget about this year and worry about next. O man, it's going to be a painfull off season. I wish there was something I could do about it:(

6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Great Point bro...Agree 100%...They (The staff and players) must decide on the field. You can ooh raa all you want in pracitce, and pregame. They must win the little battles they're currently losing during the game for the "TEAM" to win on the scoreboard. They must win and own the LOS. They must use proper technique, they must not miss a block, or a tackle...ETC...

These are all little battles within the war that we are failing at currently...

TBF

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I say we all just kick back, chill, and eat some turkey...
    [​IMG]

When these azzhole charger players and coaches decide to wake up, so will we. Until then... have a smoke and relax
    :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :nana_rasta::nana_rasta::nana_rasta::nana_rasta:

9. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    The problem with this team is that they have lost the "Gleem."

• Like Like x 1
  10. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I've been bummed out all week from the loss to Jacksonville.
    All my thoughts were negative and I lost hope for this year.
    After reading your post TBF I completely agree and I feel better
    finally. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Very nice thread tbf, I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Thank you, TBF. All quite true. To do this we should most likely replace Mother McCree with Weddle. The kid should start because McCree is one of the problems. That's the one really firm conclusion I have about this roster at the moment. I also lean to starting Cro and putting DFlo in the Nickel. Mother sits. The enthusiasm and athleticism of these two should be like iron and flint.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thank you, TBF. Whether this happens for us or not, it was nice to read a positive post for a change. :tup::tup:

That made me feel like Rudy. :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Preach it!!!!!!!:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Our problems are not talented related. Every starter we have is good enough to get the job done, including PR...He has shown at every level that he can play to include the NFL..

When we can be consistant in the little things, we are going to dominate. We have had quarters and halfs this season that we things of beauty, and we have had some that have smelled on rotten camal ***.

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Strong enough to throw all your vbookie cash at it...I threw all but 1 buck on the Bolts -9.5...

That is how strong I feel...6K in play money....LOL!~

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Nice job TBF. Let's get this done despite our coaching deficiencies!!!
    :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  18. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Sweet...I forgot to tell you that the last two times I did this...We got f'n smoked by KC and Minn...

TBF

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, I'm still trying to crawl back out of the Minn hole ..... that was a $6k+ loss. :tdown:

Got $900 on the Bolts as of now - I may put down more tomorrow.

20. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    1 Down and 5 more to go.

I thought we were much more efficient today. I appreciate how Norv stuck with the game plan...During the pregame show on 105.3 they spoke of putting Merriman on different sides...He was all over the place today, he lined up on different sides of the ball and had one huge tackle for a loss...

Rivers is still a bit rushed and doesn't step into the pocket enough but he is getting better IMO.

TBF