1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

It AINT over!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Dec 5, 2010.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    If we can somehow get our azzes in gear and manage a win against the Chiefs we are back in it! I know this loss today was bad but it's not over yet. KC and Faiders can and probably will drop 1 more game. We just have to win out now or we're done. Problem is if we can win next Sunday, WE might drop 1 more then we're really done. No room for error, but I'm NOT throwing in the towel quite yet. I am super pissed right now though, but not giving up. :mad:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    It is not over but the Chargers no longer control their own destiny.

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    True, but there's still a chance Conc. I'm gonna say it here. We will beat the Chiefs next Sunday. The real Chargers WILL show up! You heard it here first!!!! :abq2: (either that or I'll look real foolish posting this....) :lol:

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    It isn't over and the Bolt's can still be spoilers.

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    No more room for error. We need to finish at 10-6 and need KC to finish no better than 10-6. In that scenario we win the tie breaker. The Raiders I expect to finish no better than 7-9. But it all ends next week if we lose.

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    It aint over, but damn this was the worst loss of the season. Well based on how many pts we finished the game down. 8 pts to the raiders last game was 2nd most we had lost by.

7. Aussiebolt21

Aussiebolt21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    No it aint over, correct me if im wrong but werent we 4 games back with 4 to play a couple of years ago

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +238
    It aint over until the fat lady sings. She's warming up in dressing room out back.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]

10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +238
    If you need money now! Call J.G Wentworth....877-Cash Now.....877-Cash Now. Its your money use it when you need it.

11. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    We have to beat the chiefs and i hope we will.. Raiders may lose to jacksonville next sunday plus they still play the colts.. Chiefs can lose to us and lose to the titans are raiders at the end of they year.. if the raiders do lose to jacksonville and Indy but beat the chiefs and The chargers beat the chiefs and win out we get in .. i think

12. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    I my mind it doesn't matter the Chargers don't desrve to be in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    The problem im having is that we're back in the red...

when we were supposed to have one of the easiest schedules in the league..

secondly we need alot of ****** help to make the postseason now....ALOT...the bottom appears to be fallin out and our asses are dragging...

tough times to be a bolt fan right now...

14. setanta74

setanta74 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If, but, maybe etc etc etc. Doesnt matter a damn if we continue to play like we did yesterday. We were awful. Not at the races at all.
    I thought after our defeat in Oakland that beating the raiders at the Q would be a lock. I wouldnt even put a penny on us to predict the result of any of the remaining games now.

Im trying to keep the faith but I saw nothing yesterday to suggest we will top this division.

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,772
    Yeah, we can back into the playoffs and become a stepping stone for some other team going to the big dance.

16. alex7

alex7 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    It Was Over When...

Your GM decided that having McNeil and Jackson for an entire season wasn't worth it, despite this being (with the easy schedule and weak AFC west) your best chance at a top playoff seed.

That's the reason you're 6-6 and not 8-4 right now.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    BEEF!!!!

It's what AJ won't draft for dinner.

18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,772
    It's over when you have more Dud's fan in your own krib than Bolt fans. Who can blame the team for wanting to leave?

19. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    There is no wildcard this year. Division or bust.

20. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Look, it's friggin over for 2010. Chiefs will end up at least 11-5, and we won't get a wildcard at 10-6. And does it matter? Does anyone think this pile of manure can go anywhere in the playoffs anyway?

Injuries finally buried us, but that's because another inexplicable slow start put us in such a hole we couldn't weather the injury losses. One guy goes out on the OL and they turn to crap, no WR's, and the combo grounds the offense. The defense simply collapses, again due to injuries up the middle. 200+ yards on the ground to the Raiders, at home? C'mon.

The team looked unmotivated, at home, against our most hated rival, with the season on the line. I don't want to hear anymore Norv the Wonderdog crap, or Smith is Gawd crap. They aren't getting it done, neither one of them. If I was Spanos, I'd sell this inconsistent mess too.

7+ years of hopes and dreams gone. Now a strike, and when it settles, AEG will have this sideshow playing in Los Angeles. Perfect end to 50 years of futility.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

spot on old skool.

makes me sad.

but I really feel bad for the long time season ticket holders who have a monetary invested in this team.

damn sad

22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    To expect (or even consider it a realistic possibility) for a team to completely collapse again allowing the Chargers to back door their way into the playoffs, it think it totally unreasonable. The Chargers are 2 games back with 4 to go, and the Chiefs play bad teams outside of the Chargers. I don't expect them to lose to Oak, St. Louis, or Tenn. Outside of the Broncos game, the Chiefs have been pretty consistent all year.

The Chargers are done. And with 2 losses to the Raiders and a failure to get into the playoffs, Norv needs to be gone

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    100% agree

24. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It's over. I have no desire to watch this bunch fizzle out in the playoffs once again after squeaking by in the AFC Worst. There's no way this team would get past the first game considering that it's going to be against the Pats, Ravens, or Jets. Best to tank the rest of the year and get the best draft pick we can. That's assuming that AJ can still find a gem in the first round.......

25. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193
    Once we are mathmatically eliminated, then I will be pissed.

GO BOLTS!

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Agree. I mean I'm pissed now, but watch, we will beat the Chiefs and all you guys will jump right back on the wagon. You guys give up soon. No wonder other teams fans look at us as bandwagoners. Geez.....

27. Old School SD Fan

Ratings:
    +13

The 2010 Chiefs are NOT the 2008 Donks. They're MUCH more consistent. I can see us beating them, but I can also see us dropping another against a team we should beat. And bottom line, this squad is now far too impeded by injuries to be a playoff threat anyway.

9-7. No playoffs.

28. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    You know what's funny?

Now everyone would happy if we make the playoffs. What happened to the Super Bowl mentality?

I know you have to make the playoffs first but does anyone here really think this team is built to make a SB run?

That's why I'm bitterly disappointed.

29. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal!

30. Old School SD Fan

Ratings:
    +13

Ditto. I'm WAY past getting excited to make the playoffs.